Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

So to the summarize everything that is not football related looming on this team right now:

• Congress starting to inquire about WFT culture, the case where we were fined 10M months ago.
  • The Bruce Allen emails.
  • NFL calling us out with low attendance.
  • The Ryan Vermillion stuff with the DEA.

I won't put the ST stuff within it, as it's kind of an inside stuff thing, and will reflect in the low attendance in the stadium.

That's being quite a lots of stuff going on at the same time for a single team.

• Like 3

Jon Gruden wasn't fired for fostering a culture that breed a constant stream of sexual harassment with the Las Vegas Raiders workplace.  He was fired for making grossly insensitive comments about race, sexual orientation, etc.    And it came out in private dialogue with our team president at the time who made some of his own comments.    

If the WFT culture was apples to apples with most teams in the NFL, then the owners of those respective teams, I guess did masterful jobs of having nondisclosure arrangements with women and are blessed with incredible luck that women weren't willing to speak out against them even after the prompting of the WFT scandals. 

Over 20 women including reporters complaints, a 1.6 million settlement with the owner for his own apparent harassment case, the cheerleaders situation in the Carribean.  Filming cheerleaders topless and putting it to the owners favorite tunes and passing around the FO.  I am sure the same reporter for example was also harassed at other NFL clubs she also covered but is keeping her mouth shut about it for whatever reason?  

Look I got no doubt that misogynistic behavior happens everywhere that crosses some lines but the WFT case clearly was flagrant beyond the typical NFL club.  But lets say for arguments sake there is a couple of other clubs were its as rampant as it is there, so what?    it doesn't absolve squat.   

Bringing this to football it would be like saying yeah the FO made bonehead after bonehead decision but give them a break since the Jets and Jags likewise did the same.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, BudLighticke said:

Read the tea leaves. It’s easy to pretend we are the only ones with this type of culture, but we’re not. Hell, Allen himself has worked for franchises outside of ours. Did he just decide to engage in that type of behavior starting with us? Also kind of obvious with the gruden news, but hey, believe what you want to believe.  

If only it was just the emails, but it’s not.

The emails are just one slice of the dumpster fire pie that is Dan Snyder’s organization.

The culture that has left us with a near extinct fanbase is about a lot more than some emails.  In fact, if it was only the emails, this wouldn’t be such a hot topic.

Dan Snyder’s organization is the overall absolute worst in sports for a very long list of reasons.  Being losers and Bruce Allen’s emails are just line items on that very long list.  This about the sum of its parts, not any one isolated event.  I’m confident that most of the owners in the league have no concern that their organizations are ran anywhere near as poorly as this one. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

“Everybody else is doing it too”

”It’s not just us”

”If we were winning this wouldn’t be news”

<Insert more unsubstantiated BS here>

There might be a half dozen people left in the world that buy this.  This is merely a fan coping mechanism to make yourself feel better about the team you are a fan of.

I mean sure, if you go through a bunch of powerful, rich men’s emails, you are going to find verbiage and statements that they don’t want the public to see.  Sure, they don’t want to set a precedent that could find them ousted over something similar.  Sure, they protect themselves.  That is exactly what’s going on here.

But sorry, the culture isn’t like this everywhere. And it’s not only news here because we suck.  There is a long, long list of just all around awful things that have transpired here well beyond these emails. That’s what makes us the easy target.  

Like I said, sure rich powerful dudes say all sorts of derogatory stuff.  And sure they don’t want anyone making their e-mail public.  But I’d be willing to bet that none of them are stupid enough to share topless photos of their cheerleaders on company e-mail.  I’d be willing to bet they don’t allude to cutting a player as means to get back at them for their union ties on company email.  And the list goes on. 

It’s insulting to the folks that were mistreated here to play the “but but they are doing it too” game when there is zero proof of that.  Again, I am not saying the top brass for any other clubs are just innocent wonderful human beings in the least.  But I guarantee you the aren’t as dumb and incompetent as what we’ve experienced in Washington.

Couldn’t disagree more. This is so much bigger than a WFT issue. There’s no coping necessary for the fanbase, we all know how this franchise has operated under Snyder… if anyone is still in denial about that then they probably also buy 9/11 conspiracy theories.

As it pertains to the gruden case, you understand that gruden was the offendor, not WFT. Damn you for making me “defend” Allen there. And the reason why there’s evidence that there’s more, aside from looking at this extremely naively, is that this Gruden report was leaked now, it wasn’t part of the original findings. You can’t believe this is the only thing…

The point is that the NFL is a boys club and until recently never had a wake up call that times have changed and they must as well. I can guarantee that out of the “650k emails,” dating back 10+ years, quite a few would use language that is now a fireable offense. Sure, now we all know now that if you dislike a client or colleague you must never put it in writing, but that wasn’t standard back then. 

If the entire WFT report was made public, it would shut down the NFL. 

25 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Dan Snyder’s organization is the overall absolute worst in sports for a very long list of reasons.  Being losers and Bruce Allen’s emails are just line items on that very long list.  This about the sum of its parts, not any one isolated event.  I’m confident that most of the owners in the league have no concern that their organizations are ran anywhere near as poorly as this one. 

Yes, the last couple years have really exposed how much Dan is into Donald Sterling territory. It's beyond the norm, even if the norm isn't perfect.

I guarantee the rottenness extends into areas we don't know about yet, and it didn't just start when Bruce Allen showed up.

• Like 2

On 10/21/2021 at 11:24 PM, Boss_Hogg said:

Oh that tax-payer funded stadium Danny wants is gone. 

Forget the fact that we rank DEAD LAST in attendance, TV ratings, and merchandise revenue but tack on all the sexual assault accusations. 

No city counsel is going to pony up tax payer money for his toy. 

No way in the world. Maryland's made it clear they want him gone, NoVA won't want anything to do with it, and despite all the sweet overtures with Mayor Bowser, it would be a political disaster to let the RFK site go into his hands.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CTskin said:
14 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Couldn’t disagree more. This is so much bigger than a WFT issue.

As I’ve said multiple times, sure there are going to be disparaging remarks and who knows what else in those emails that the owners don’t want made public.  

7 minutes ago, CTskin said:

As it pertains to the gruden case, you understand that gruden was the offendor, not WFT. Damn you for making me “defend” Allen there. And the reason why there’s evidence that there’s more, aside from looking at this extremely naively, is that this Gruden report was leaked now, it wasn’t part of the original findings. You can’t believe this is the only thing…

Bruce is willfully engaging in conversation with Gruden without ever checking him about the things he was saying.  Bruce was complicit in all this.  Jon obviously feels very comfortable talking like this to Bruce.  So no, there’s no reason to “defend” Bruce.

Again, there is no doubt that there is going to be more dirt in those emails.  I don’t believe that everyone else in the league are first class, non biased, choir boys.  Of course the owners don’t want that stuff to come out.  The Gruden leaks were obviously a hit job for some reason we’ll eventually find out.  Which is what I think Gruden was referring to when he said the truth would come out.

14 minutes ago, CTskin said:

The point is that the NFL is a boys club and until recently never had a wake up call that times have changed and they must as well. I can guarantee that out of the “650k emails,” dating back 10+ years, quite a few would use language that is now a fireable offense. Sure, now we all know now that if you dislike a client or colleague you must never put it in writing, but that wasn’t standard back then. 

In no way am I arguing that the NFL isn’t a billionaire boys club that employs Roger to shield them.  

But 10 years ago I knew better than to make any even remotely disparaging remarks about anyone via my corporate email.  That’s just Corporate 101.  The fact of the matter is Bruce is just a dumbass boomer that was too stupid to realize who he was dealing with and that it could eventually come back to crush him and others.

To tie all this up and put a bow on it, by no means am I defending the other 31 owners and whomever else is involved as if they are all just wonderful people who would never act in the manner we’ve seen from Bruce and Gruden.  I’m well aware that rich Aholes think they can say and do whatever they want.  I’m absolutely certain there is more in that 650k email that would make many others look really bad.

But this is about way more than just the emails.  The emails are just a potential vehicle to get to the destination we all desire, Dan being removed from ownership.  There are however dozens of other vehicles that ran out of gas on the route to this destination. Moreso than anywhere else.  

If this email scandal was the first or even the 10th issue with Dan’s ownership, it would be a bit more genuine to conclude that we’re just an easy target for this drama.  But no, this team is always caught up in scandal, allegations, litigation, etc.  This is just the latest and it just so happens to screw outsiders in the process.

11 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Couldn’t disagree more. This is so much bigger than a WFT issue. There’s no coping necessary for the fanbase, we all know how this franchise has operated under Snyder… if anyone is still in denial about that then they probably also buy 9/11 conspiracy theories.

If the entire WFT report was made public, it would shut down the NFL. 

There's no defense of Allen to be had, what so ever, no matter how much you try to spin it as a good old boys club. You take emails with Gruden (who has a relationship with Bruce Allen from the past), and extrapolate that to the entire NFL and every front office for all 32 teams. As if not one team could be doing things the right way with a front office that fosters decent behavior and equality with its staff? Could there be certain figures that exchanged emails or displayed inappropriate behavior? Sure, it happens with most companies and those individuals are dealt with accordingly with HR departments. That's not what happened here. The entire Raiders organization isn't under fire for several allegations of harassment under its entire management top to bottom. The WFT investigation happened after several reports and many women came forward, but shockingly with this good old boys club you claim is rampant everywhere, we didn't see that across the entire NFL, no, we saw it with one team, and to a degree that remains unparalleled.

You're taking people that might have emailed with Bruce and exposed themselves like Gruden did (without any knowledge of how far it went and just how many people were close enough to Bruce to correspond with that kind of behavior), and you're making it about every teams front offices and their entire management systems in general. There is a difference between old out of touch individuals making inappropriate comments with Bruce scattered across a league, and an entire team with a level of dysfunction that brought about this entire disaster. Give me a break with this "all the teams are the same, it's a club" narrative. Let's see some proof that every team treated its employees this way, instead of some old idiots like Gruden from the old Tampa Bay club yukking it up with Bruce.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If only it was just the emails, but it’s not.

The emails are just one slice of the dumpster fire pie that is Dan Snyder’s organization.

The culture that has left us with a near extinct fanbase is about a lot more than some emails.  In fact, if it was only the emails, this wouldn’t be such a hot topic.

You seemed to have missed this part of my first post:

“Note: I said culture, not how the overall team is run. Very different.”

My point is directly related to a few posts that were talking about the NFL protecting Snyder and why that is. I’m simply giving the reasons for it.

No one is absolving Washington of anything, but these issues are not isolated to just us. And that’s why Snyder isn’t gone and being “protected”. 

14 minutes ago, DCF said:

Could there be certain figures that exchanged emails or displayed inappropriate behavior? Sure, it happens with most companies and those individuals are dealt with accordingly with HR departments. That's not what happened here. The entire Raiders organization isn't under fire for several allegations of harassment under its entire management top to bottom.

You make a very solid point here.  One I had on my mind but must have forgotten to include it.

There are bad people saying and doing bad things in pretty much every large organization in the world.  If you went digging through the emails of every large organization you are sure to find problems.  Typically these issues are isolated and once investigated they are dealt with accordingly.

So yeah, I’m sure there are others in those emails that said things they don’t want made public, that will negatively impact their future if they are.

But to just determine that everyone from everywhere is doing this to me is like when you are kid and do something dumb and use the excuse “everyone else is doing it”, when in fact - everyone else is not doing it.

4 minutes ago, BudLighticke said:

You seemed to have missed this part of my first post:

“Note: I said culture, not how the overall team is run. Very different.”

My point is directly related to a few posts that were talking about the NFL protecting Snyder and why that is. I’m simply giving the reasons for it.

No one is absolving Washington of anything, but these issues are not isolated to just us. And that’s why Snyder isn’t gone and being “protected”. 

Culture and the way the team is ran are hand in hand.  

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Jon Gruden wasn't fired for fostering a culture that breed a constant stream of sexual harassment with the Las Vegas Raiders workplace.  He was fired for making grossly insensitive comments about race, sexual orientation, etc.    And it came out in private dialogue with our team president at the time who made some of his own comments.    

If the WFT culture was apples to apples with most teams in the NFL, then the owners of those respective teams, I guess did masterful jobs of having nondisclosure arrangements with women and are blessed with incredible luck that women weren't willing to speak out against them even after the prompting of the WFT scandals. 

Over 20 women including reporters complaints, a 1.6 million settlement with the owner for his own apparent harassment case, the cheerleaders situation in the Carribean.  Filming cheerleaders topless and putting it to the owners favorite tunes and passing around the FO.  I am sure the same reporter for example was also harassed at other NFL clubs she also covered but is keeping her mouth shut about it for whatever reason?  

Look I got no doubt that misogynistic behavior happens everywhere that crosses some lines but the WFT case clearly was flagrant beyond the typical NFL club.  But lets say for arguments sake there is a couple of other clubs were its as rampant as it is there, so what?    it doesn't absolve squat.   

Bringing this to football it would be like saying yeah the FO made bonehead after bonehead decision but give them a break since the Jets and Jags likewise did the same.

No one in here that I’ve seen is absolving Washington of anything. You created a straw man argument and then proceeded to argue against it.

I suggest you read the below article, might open your eyes to a new perspective.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/washington-nfl-team-scandal-women-sports/26wdla66dx51g50ggn12y290

For many women working in sports, reading about these experiences was both painful and familiar. The story brought on an outpouring of justifiable anger, frustration, sadness and support for those in the industry who have been forced to deal with harassment in the workplace.

In fact, this isn’t even unique to Dan Snyder and this franchise, it’s been going on long before that:

Honestly, there’s a reason that these stories don’t come out often, and your post is a pretty insensitive take with regards to it all. You assuming this is just a Dan Snyder and Washington thing and that’s the reason why it came out against us and not against another organization is exactly what the NFL wants you to believe. This mindset is part of the problem, just blame Washington and be done with it, that’s exactly what the NFL wants you to think and feel. Meanwhile, there are countless women out there being subjected to some really horrible things, and they are scared to speak out for fear of losing their job or career path in sports. It’s sad, and it’s sad that you are pretending that the reason why you don’t hear about any of it from elsewhere is because it just doesn’t even happen elsewhere...

Edited by BudLighticke
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The dead last in ticket sales post above plays into what I mentioned yesterday from Keim's podcast where Keim said Bruce chewed him out at the time for an article he wrote a few years ago that the team was bleeding fans and they needed to take measures to bring them back.  Keim said Bruce told Keim he was wrong by citing how happy fans were at the stadium when they won the week before as proof that all is right with the WFT fan base. 

Then you add Sheehan talking about how Dan and Bruce were shocked at the results when they did an internal poll in 2019 that showed their popularity in the single digits.    

Obviously, Dan-Bruce had their heads up their butts and didn't see how fans were turning away and why.   Hence we are here at this point.   It was pretty obvious to most of us as it was going down.  It's amazing they were shocked by it.  But Dan blaming that stuff along with the culture squarely on Bruce is hilarious.   He's the guy at the top not Bruce.  

As much as Cerrato was a buffoon and Bruce and even bigger one, who hires the buffoons?  Dan.  How can Dan be angry and vindictive at his hires as if he's at their mercy supposedly?  Ridiculous.  Dan's apparent vandetta against Bruce strikes me beyond weird.  They were besties who would famously play putt putt golf together and supposedly were inseperabale and now Dan sees Bruce as his arch enemy? 

And if Dan leaked those emails to hurt Bruce and in turn it boomerangs aganist him, its karma.   I don't care for either Dan or Bruce.  But if I had to root for one in some sort of odd Freddy Kruger versus Michael Myers style battle -- I'd be on team Bruce.    And if Dan is indeed behind the leaks and the goal was to smear Bruce and by extension Jon to prop himself up -- its clearly backfired.

Great post, a sentiment felt by all of us. Good to see the league is taking notice of the Washington attendance figures. I'm rooting for empty seats.

We've been down this road so many times I refuse to get excited at the possibility of an actual ownership change.  Even with Congress now involved, I won't get fooled again. I totally agree the NFL knows they have a ton of skeletons in their closet, it was obvious to me that this is why they gave Snyder a slap on the wrist. I don't believe for a second this was an oral report. Who requests an oral only report on something so serious? I want Congress to get Beth Wilkerson on the stand and hear her story.

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 2

@BudLighticke

You post is really wild unless you didn't comprehend my post and want to simply unleash anger about the situation.  I am ok with the anger, more on that at the end of my post.   

In your post, you equated Gruden's comments to apples to apples to the women situation here.  I pointed out that it was two entirely different types of crimes.  Both were very bad but for entirely different reasons.  Your post came off like the NFL is picking on the WFT because to quote you:   "think part of it is we just suck so dan and Washington are easy targets and it’s easier to point to and highlight those gaffes when winning isn’t present."  That to me felt that you were underplaying the gravity of what happened here.  Somehow you turn that around to say that I am the one playing things down?  

My whole point was dude that I think you are playing down that the situation was likely MORE serious here than elsewhere.  Speaking of strawmen, the strawman argument is from you claiming that since I am not agreeing with you that things weren't likely worse at the WFT compared to elsewhere, that I am in turn saying it's not happening elsewhere even though in my same post I said it does go down elsewhere.  

My response was the WFT is being picked on right now because while I got no doubt bad things happen elsewhere and said so in my post -- but they took it up a notch with the layers that exist with this and I repeated the litany including the cheerleader story from years back, the amount of women complaining, and our own owner having to settle for his own case at 1.6 million, the topless tape, etc. 

And yes if I recall at least one of the women (if I recall it was 2) who leveled complaints against this team said they've experienced misogynistic behavior at other NFL teams they worked at but nothing like this.  I recall for certainty one woman who if I recalled worked at 2 other teams in the NFL and said yeah it exists but nothing at the level she experienced at the WFT.

I flat out said I bet it happens elsewhere, but that doesn't absolve anyone, and I doubt its to this level with the multiple levels of stories including our own owner being involved with a narrative of his own, but even if it did happen at this level, it doesn't absolve anyone.  

By the tone of your post, I am gathering you might be a dad or grandfather with daughters/granddaughters or might be female and have an extra personal bent on the issue?  Not that others can't relate to it but some issues feel more personal.  It feels really personal to me. So i get it from that perspective.  I got two daughters, one in the work place.  It would piss me off to no end if she was subjected to it.   So if so, yeah I share your passion for the issue.   So I don't mind the energy from that perspective.  But your anger is misplaced.  I've been hammering Dan on this from the jump. 🙄   I've probably hammered him with I don't know 500 posts it seems on this thread.  Since you are new here, I know you don't know my posting history.  So its cool. 

And I took your post as you playing this down some so I take it from your response to me that you weren't.  Cool enough.  We are on the same page then if that's the case. 😀

Like with the Trent Williams situation where people didn’t want to believe he was the problem or the Kirk situation where it was obvious he didn’t want to play here, some just refuse to read the tea leaves. I know part of our past time is persecuting the wFT management, but this is so obviously a bigger problem then just this team.

Reminds of when the yanks went down for steroids when we now know everyone was doing it. If the full report is release, then when the dust settles, if it does, we will likely be the team most associated, but this will hit league wide. 

3 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Like with the Trent Williams situation where people didn’t want to believe he was the problem or the Kirk situation where it was obvious he didn’t want to play here, some just refuse to read the tea leaves. I know part of our past time is persecuting the wFT management, but this is so obviously a bigger problem then just this team.

Reminds of when the yanks went down for steroids when we now know everyone was doing it. If the full report is release, then when the dust settles, if it does, we will likely be the team most associated, but this will hit league wide. 

TW situation should be discussed separately. By all accounts I read that was on him. He’s a dope anyway

12 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

TW situation should be discussed separately. By all accounts I read that was on him. He’s a dope anyway

He may have been a dope but good organizations don't let it get to that point.

I am hoping the NFL realizes they are going to have to make a sacrifice which will be a reward for us.  An example that an owner can be jettisoned might save a little bit of face for the league.

Edited by RFK Lives
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, RFK Lives said:

That's a perfect summary.   Yes other organizations have clown moments but we make it into an art form and in turn excerbate things that most other teams don't. 

• Like 3

So…. Is the new front office doing anything positive these days? Any new initiatives?

we can’t let every thread be a negative **** show guys and gals! Maybe focusing on who and what this team can be going forward would be a better use of our resources and energy instead of beating the same dead horse over and over and over 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, A-Lost-Wolf said:

So…. Is the new front office doing anything positive these days? Any new initiatives?

we can’t let every thread be a negative **** show guys and gals! Maybe focusing on who and what this team can be going forward would be a better use of our resources and energy instead of beating the same dead horse over and over and over 🤷‍♂️

Someone did start a positive vibes type of thread a few weeks ago, but.....we’re Washington, not much to be positive about lately 

40 minutes ago, RFK Lives said:

I am hoping the NFL realizes they are going to have to make a sacrifice which will be a reward for us.  An example that an owner can be jettisoned might save a little bit of face for the league.

This is my sentiment as well. If the whole idea is that they are all tied together because of their own skeletons, well that ship has sailed now that this is not going away any time soon and others are getting exposed. Since being lock step together is not going to work, they need to make an example to show they're recorrecting, and what is going to make a bigger example than the source of all of this? Not saying Dan is going anywhere, but I think the idea that the NFL is going to continue to protect WFT is getting shakier by the minute.

What happens if congress subpoenas Larry Michael in a hearing and asks him under oath if he ever spoke with Dan about the naked cheerleader request, or showed Dan any images of naked cheerleaders? If there's something to it, Larry won't know what evidence they actually have in hand, so he won't perjure himself. Maybe he pleads the 5th, but it'll blacklist him and tank his reputation even more than it's already been, and a "I don't recall" will be a pretty big tell all on its own. Hell what happens if they get Bruce in the chair, with his axe to grind against Dan now. They start questioning people under oath about this investigation and this gets uglier for WFT.

Edited by DCF
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, A-Lost-Wolf said:

The thread often ebbs and flows with the week.  I've put up plenty of positive content on both Rivera and Jason Wright, I am a fan of both even though things aren't hot right now, but I'll try to ride out the storm with them. 😀

But a week like this with Dan front and center,  with old ghosts like Bruce back in the news, etc, breeds some negativity.  Comes with the turf.  😧

Also, the irony is bad news about Dan breeds a least one sliver of positivity -- which is could that be the final straw to boot him out?  Dan out as owner is akin to winning a SB to some of us.

13 minutes ago, A-Lost-Wolf said:

Uh no, if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like one...

We have a DEA investigation and an ongoing harassment disaster with congress now involved, attendance is in the toilet, and the team isn't coming close to meeting expectations with the season about to be essentially over. Not going to smear lipstick on this pig hog.