Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Provuded what has been reported about the report is true, Snyder will get a suspension and get to keep the team.  I dont think Goodell wants to be in the business of forcing owners to sell if he can avoid it.  And the investigators gave him an out by suggesting suspension as an option.  

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

Provuded what has been reported about the report is true, Snyder will get a suspension and get to keep the team.  I dont think Goodell wants to be in the business of forcing owners to sell if he can avoid it.  And the investigators gave him an out by suggesting suspension as an option.  

The metoo movement is going to go after the league big time if this only ends in a suspension. 

4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

The metoo movement is going to go after the league big time if this only ends in a suspension. 

I agree...I completely understand why the other owners wouldn't want to open Pandora's box, but there will be a lot of pressure from every corner of the country to follow the recommendation by the independent investigator. 

And, when push comes to shove, this isn't Kraft or Jones...it's an owner who doesn't really have any major allies. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I'll call it now, if Bezos does take over by end the year; Rivera and his gm posse are the hot seat. If they fail to make to playoffs; they are gone. I wonder with the real possibility of Dan being forced to sell; does this alter the Team off-season moves? Ron went thru one ownership change in Carolina and he got fired in the second year of Tepper's ownership.

Will Ron decide to swing for the fences and uses picks to get a QB. Not Watson, but Russell Wilson . Or move up in this year's draft to 2 or 3, to get Wilson or Fields? Knowing that there's a real possibility of a new boss; make the big move now. 

I think the report is true and the NFL won't be able to cover it up. They also will have a hard time rejecting the report's recommendation for Synder to sell. Whoever leaked it to the junkies; should leak it to rest of the media. Until people can see the report; there pressure can't be pressure applied. If you want Dan to suffer the ultimate punishment; then you leak the report to the public now.

This needs to be resolved sooner than later. The uncertainty will hurt our off-season efforts in free agency.

It would suck to lose a leader like Ron but I am not against doing this the right way and finding President/GM first and having them choose the right staff. I need to see it with the has beens Ron has brought in to help him with personnel

• Like 2

Owners have been forced to sell their teams for less than what Snyder is accused of. The cheerleader scandal is bad enough, but his attempts to subvert the investigation and intimidate his employees into not cooperating with Wilkinson is beyond the pale...but really shouldn't be surprising, considering that we're talking about Dan Snyder here.

Gotta love how the NFL hemmed its answer...they only admitted to having not RECEIVED any such report saying all of this about Snyder. Which means in reality that it's sitting in Goodell's inbox and he just hasn't read it yet. If the NFL wants to stick to its response, however, they better be able to back it up with proof. It's clear the report was leaked to the Junkies because they feared (rightly) that the NFL would just cover it up.

Have fun on your IMAX yacht, Boat Boy.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, justice98 said:

As much as they dislike Dan, I don't think any of the owners will be comfortable with one of their number being forced to sell the golden goose, it would set a precedent of personal accountability that none of them would be happy about. I also imagine Dan will fight it tooth and nail through the courts if he can, he'd have little to lose.

4 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

As much as they dislike Dan, I don't think any of the owners will be comfortable with one of their number being forced to sell the golden goose, it would set a precedent of personal accountability that none of them would be happy about. I also imagine Dan will fight it tooth and nail through the courts if he can, he'd have little to lose.

I agree that they won't like it. But pressure is pressure and in 2021 it's very difficult to protect their own just because they don't want to have the light shined on you next. 

• Like 1

Philosophically... Im against the idea of forcing a company owner to sell their business.  Normal businesses would just suffer the consequences of being lead by a creep... usually forcing the issue.

Practically... I guess I'd choose to view the "company" as the NFL... in which case, I'm 100% fine with the company "firing" Danny Boy for dragging the companies name through the mud...

As a fan... ditch his ***

2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I agree that they won't like it. But pressure is pressure and in 2021 it's very difficult to protect their own just because they don't want to have the light shined on you next. 

I think they'll try to placate people with a suspension of "unprecedented" length, but I don't think it'll work.

12 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Suspension would come along with a loss of draft picks and probably a major hit to the salary cap. Why do our fans have to keep taking the punishment for this tool? It's time for him to go!

Would the league seriously **** rivera and the GMs over, because of **** Snyder did?? Why wouldn’t the league just suspend him and leave our draft picks alone??

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

The amount of leeway the NFL gives Snyder makes me sick. They're clearly taking the stance of defending one of their own IMO and they always have with Dan. He's causing the NFL so much more troubles than Jerry Richardson did and Goodell still seems to have his back. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Would the league seriously **** rivera and the GMs over, because of **** Snyder did?? Why wouldn’t the league just suspend him and leave our draft picks alone??

Covering their butts from all of the groups and media that would be coming after them would be more of a priority than making sure Rivera and company doesn't take any residual punishment.  

This is all speculation on my part, but we've seen in the past that the league has no problem punishing the whole franchise. 

Couple interesting things to think about long-term if Bezos is in fact in play with new ownership (how could he not be ...) I feel like this is gonna be written in a Matthew Berry "100 facts" fantasy football pre-season article so you draw your own conclusions ...

- WFT is due to get a new stadium in the coming years

- Virginia offered a very interesting incentive for HQ2. 33% cash, 33% infrastructure/transportation investments, 33% Educational Investments.

- After the deal was announced, Amazon executives all said the Commonwealth's ability to think about a package that made sense for the company and the community as a whole was a huge factor.

- Northam was the Virginia Governor at the time of the announcement, but much of the legwork happened under Terry McAuliffe's administration

- Terry McAuliffe has made no secret as Governor that he wanted to land the new stadium

- Terry McAuliffe is the favorite for the Dem. nomination and probably overall for the Gov. of Virginia in November election

- The Head of Economic Development for Washington DC and the head of their HQ2 BID now works for Amazon's economic development division.

- Since taking the role within Amazon's Economic Development division, he's been placed on the Board for Events DC

- Events DC oversees the RFK site

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Thanks 3

49 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

I think they likely view it as a great opportunity to protect their product that hes been harming, and to remove someone they almost all hate.  It has long been reported that Snyder is universally disliked among ownership.  Billionaires will gladly turn on someone for an opportunity, and they are egotistical enough to think it cant happen to them, especially if they just maintain good relations with the other members.  They also likely dont view the culture of their own teams as being anywhere close to Synders.  There may be a few owners who have concerns because of the way they also run their franchises, but almost all of the rest of them hate the guy and want to see him out.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Suspension would come along with a loss of draft picks and probably a major hit to the salary cap. Why do our fans have to keep taking the punishment for this tool? It's time for him to go!

I would hope not, it's not fair to punish the fans as you say...unlike the Patriots in Spygate, who gained a competitive advantage on the field from their actions.

• Like 1

Over the last few years or so, it seems Snyder is damn near invincible. I'd love to see a new owner more than anyone else here, but I'll believe it until I see it. And even then I'd have to slap, pinch, fall asleep and wake up several times just to be sure

1 minute ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I would hope not, it's not fair to punish the fans as you say...unlike the Patriots in Spygate, who gained a competitive advantage on the field from their actions.

Yeah, I don't think the punishment would be levied on the team itself or the football operation. This is an organizational thing.