Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

37 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

But in the end, you can have any opinion you want (obviously). It just boggles my mind that only the "ordering" of the tapes is an issue for you. 

Never said that was my only issue.

But you're free to think that.

( Obviously)

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

I dunno. It’s too easy to dismiss anything the Junkies say because the are literally professional idiots. If the Post publishes it you have to take it seriously. /Points to Pulitzer prizes. 

But that only matters in this short amount of time between the report and validation. If the Junkies are right, no one will remember in 2 years that for 36 hours people doubted them. 

• Like 1

I dunno. It’s too easy to dismiss anything the Junkies say because the are literally professional idiots. If the Post publishes it you have to take it seriously. /Points to Pulitzer prizes. 

True, but how soon do they go to press with some of this stuff? Or who can stop a reporter at the post? Junks have power at 1067 and in DC Radio. Maybe not the credibility of WP but they're not getting fired for talking about this. And I think that's what Lurch's friend wanted. He wanted this story to be exposed and not covered up by the other owners. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spearfeather said:

Never said that was my only issue.

But you're free to think that.

( Obviously)

You're doing a good job of evading, which I understand. It's not popular to defend a man's ownership when he's allowed this misconduct. 

Let me ask then...what offenses along that spectrum would you think are too much to overlook?

Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

But that only matters in this short amount of time between the report and validation. If the Junkies are right, no one will remember in 2 years that for 36 hours people doubted them. 

Are we ever going to get validation?  This is attorney work product subject to attorney-client privilege. The NFL never has to release it.  

If it turns out that the NFL ends up doing one of the 2 recommendations, those were already the most likely outcomes that people have been predicting for months. If the NFL does something different, they can just say the league didnt take the recommendations. 

The Junks should either read it verbatim on the air or post it to Twitter. 

11 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

It could also be Lurch's friend throwing him a big ol' bone.

Point is, I don't think they're making it up. It's fair to question the legitimacy of the final report they have (might not be the final version, for example), but they are reporting what they have. It's also possible the NFL hasn't "seen" the report--ie. it's on Goodell's and he is closing his eye going "nope, haven't seen it yet, not looking at it."

More to be revealed.

Dudes like Russell said they've talked to some of the women or those close to the action.  Craig Hoffman seems to know some of the cheerleaders, etc.  I get the vibe that it might not be that hard to get access for media types to some of the action on the topic. 

Part of me thinks one of the women or maybe someone close to Wilkerson was afraid the NFL would cover the recommendation up and so they purposely leaked it.

The thing is as I've said before clearly the NFL owners like to protect their own in the dark-behind the scenes.  The best shot at getting something here is to put their feet to the fire.  This puts the NFL's feet to the fire.  Personally I think that's key if the goal is to get Dan in real trouble. 

If you position the NFL as the hammer at Dan at whatever punishment (lets say a fine or whatever slap on the wrist) then just Dan/WFT come off like the bad guy.  I think in order to get real repercussions you have to lump in the NFL as complicit as the bad guy.  This leak helps accomplish that.

Otherwise all the NFL had to do is release some of the bad stuff about the report and announce their punishment for it.  I'd put money that Wilkerson's recommendation is what they didn't want to disclose because that would put them under the gun if they didn't want to follow it.  

Also I recall in recent days there has been an outcry to release the full report from some of the women.  I bet this is why.  So I gather they felt they had to leak it to the press. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

True, but how soon do they go to press with some of this stuff? Or who can stop a reporter at the post? Junks have power at 1067 and in DC Radio. Maybe not the credibility of WP but they're not getting fired for talking about this. And I think that's what Lurch's friend wanted. He wanted this story to be exposed and not covered up by the other owners. 

The Post brought down a freaking President. It exists for this kind of thing. Liz Clarke already wrote like 4 exposes on the mistreatment of women by the team. What are you even saying?

The Post brought down a freaking President. It exists for this kind of thing. Liz Clarke already wrote like 4 exposes on the mistreatment of women by the team. What are you even saying?

The post is a news organization and a print one at that. They brought down a president but have been criticized in the past decade, particularly in their treatment of the last president. I don't want to turn this into a political discussion on what's wrong with the post but just because Clarke did a good job on this story doesn't mean that she's the only one that can drive the car. So they gave an opportunity to the guys on radio. 

Plus lets focus on the fact that the post is print. Who reads print. What would happen if they had gone to print. The story would get little to no press until somebody like JP, Keim, Walker or a beat reporter picked it up and talked about it on radio or TV. So why make it go through those channels instead of just giving it to the people on radio and TV? Now it has exposure.

Heck they sat on it for 3 days so who knows who else has it and was still trying to get some kind of release approved? 

I totally understand the skepticism regarding the Junkies.

But given how they are holding the line on this, someone either doctored up a fake report and provided it to them or they are actually looking at a copy of the legitimate leaked report.

I don’t hold them in high regard at all, but like SIP pointed out, they aren’t the false rumor mongers some are making them out to be.  They’ve dropped dimes nobody else had before, that ended up true.

If this is true, somebody legitimate will get to the bottom of it before too long.  That said, the theory that Wilkinson herself found a way for this to leak, in fear the league wouldn’t follow her recommendation isn’t that crazy.  

• Like 1

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I totally understand the skepticism regarding the Junkies.

But given how they are holding the line on this, someone either doctored up a fake report and provided it to them or they are actually looking at a copy of the legitimate leaked report.

I don’t hold them in high regard at all, but like SIP pointed out, they aren’t the false rumor mongers some are making them out to be.  They’ve dropped dimes nobody else had before, that ended up true.

If this is true, somebody legitimate will get to the bottom of it before too long.  That said, the theory that Wilkinson herself found a way for this to leak, in fear the league wouldn’t follow her recommendation isn’t that crazy.  

Yeah and I'll say that if this were somebody like JLC or one of the mock draft guys who just hypothesizes on stuff all day and goes from "sources" would make me hella skeptical. Junks don't break stories. Its not their thing. It never has been. So when they come with something they come hard and they check their sources. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Not saying it doesn't mean anything, but with Finlay working with 1067, next to the Junkies it could just be him supporting his fellow hosts. 

Perhaps, but I'd assume that he values his NBC gig more than the radio show. He wouldn't put his reputation on the line just to support another host.

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 1

Just now, spjunkies said:

Perhaps, but I'd assume that he values his NBC gig more than the radio show. He wouldn't put hus reputation on the line just to support another host.

Good point. And he has a reputation that people give credibility to. If he didn't believe, I dont think he would just risk latching it onto somebody he just started working with (though he has known them for years). 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Not saying it doesn't mean anything, but with Finlay working with 1067, next to the Junkies it could just be him supporting his fellow hosts. 

He's also a reporter.  Anyone that puts their reputation out there -- people remember it, clearly you do, among others.

Listening to the Junkies, I'd put it at 100% they are telling the truth.   100% they have the report they claim they possess.  They'd have to be insane to just make it up.  It would help destroy their careers.  They'd have to be luantics and I don't think they are.  Only off chance that report isn't true is if the source that they trust who gave them the report -- purposely decided to sabotage them by manufactoring a false report or there was a draft of the report which was wrong and Wilkerson since changed her mind. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Seems really crazy that they would just randomly make this up as some sort of publicity stunt...I cannot fathom that they would do that for something this serious.  Even with the NFL's denial, I still don't believe this was randomly made up out of thin air.  They had to see something.  

• Thanks 2

Both can be telling the truth if NFL is only denying having received the report, and not the actual contents. Is there an actual statement from the NFL on their letterhead so to speak, or just reporters saying what they've been told.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Junkies just speculated Bezos is stepping down from Amazon to negotiate purchase and takeover of the team.

So let's be real. The NFL wants Bezos to own a team. Bezos wants to own a team. Amazon has its primary operations in Seattle, WA and Arlington, VA. Bezos built a mansion in DC and also owns WaPo.

The NFL/Goodell are not stupid ... they will use this to get Bezos in.  Bank on it.

At this point considering what Snyder presumably knows on the NFLs more nefarious doings I put the odds at 4:1 that he just gets suspended but I would pop a gusher of a Washington monument sized pants tent if this somehow happened (which at my age is the equivalent of Lazarus riding from the dead).

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Are we ever going to get validation?  This is attorney work product subject to attorney-client privilege. The NFL never has to release it.  

If it turns out that the NFL ends up doing one of the 2 recommendations, those were already the most likely outcomes that people have been predicting for months. If the NFL does something different, they can just say the league didnt take the recommendations. 

The Junks should either read it verbatim on the air or post it to Twitter. 

Maybe not - but there have been other examples thrown around where stuff they "broke" turned out to be accurate. I guess you're right though, it doesn't undoubtedly confirm that they were telling the truth in the moment. 

I'll put it this way...if Snyder is forced to sell, many will remember that the Junkies broke it. 

I'll call it now, if Bezos does take over by end the year; Rivera and his gm posse are the hot seat. If they fail to make to playoffs; they are gone. I wonder with the real possibility of Dan being forced to sell; does this alter the Team off-season moves? Ron went thru one ownership change in Carolina and he got fired in the second year of Tepper's ownership.

Will Ron decide to swing for the fences and uses picks to get a QB. Not Watson, but Russell Wilson . Or move up in this year's draft to 2 or 3, to get Wilson or Fields? Knowing that there's a real possibility of a new boss; make the big move now. 

I think the report is true and the NFL won't be able to cover it up. They also will have a hard time rejecting the report's recommendation for Synder to sell. Whoever leaked it to the junkies; should leak it to rest of the media. Until people can see the report; there pressure can't be pressure applied. If you want Dan to suffer the ultimate punishment; then you leak the report to the public now.

This needs to be resolved sooner than later. The uncertainty will hurt our off-season efforts in free agency.

• Thanks 1