Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

4 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Was just coming here to post that. 

wow....wonder how bad the investigation is?? 

also this: 

JP thinks a suspension instead of forcing a sale. “Never know though. Also concerns of a cover up during the investigation, and that could have lingering effects” 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1

Junkies on 106.7, have seen parts of Beth Wilkinson's report. Her recommendations:

1. Force Dan Snyder to divest his ownership.

2. Suspend for significant period of time to repair the club's infrastructure and culture.

I agree with what they said--It's more likely they'll take #2. It's easier, less messy, gives them an "out."

She was recommending #1 because of the cover-up and the interference with employees to not talk to Wilkinson, which caused the NFL to take over the investigation. She gives four examples of owners suspended: Irsay, deBartolo, Mark Stevens (Warriors owner, for shoving an opposing player), and Leonsis in 2004 for getting into it with a fan.

Take that for what it's worth, but please, love of God, #1. Come on Mara, do your thing, be that colossal prick we all know you are. Get rid of your mortal enemy.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Junkies on 106.7, have seen parts of Beth Wilkinson's report. Her recommendations:

1. Force Dan Snyder to divest his ownership.

2. Suspend for significant period of time to repair the club's infrastructure and culture.

I agree with what they said--It's more likely they'll take #2. It's easier, less messy, gives them an "out."

She was recommending #1 because of the cover-up and the interference with employees to not talk to Wilkinson, which caused the NFL to take over the investigation. She gives four examples of owners suspended: Irsay, deBartolo, Mark Stevens (Warriors owner, for shoving an opposing player), and Leonsis in 2004 for getting into it with a fan.

Take that for what it's worth, but please, love of God, #1. Come on Mara, do your thing, be that colossal prick we all know you are. Get rid of your mortal enemy.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1

If it's as messy as it's looking the NFL will have no choice other than to force a sale. You can't allow someone with such a terrible reputation to own a team in a major market. Nobody worth a damn would want to play or work for the franchise. 

3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

If it's as messy as it's looking the NFL will have no choice other than to force a sale. You can't allow someone with such a terrible reputation to own a team in a major market. Nobody worth a damn would want to play or work for the franchise. 

Junkies just speculated Bezos is stepping down from Amazon to negotiate purchase and takeover of the team.

So let's be real. The NFL wants Bezos to own a team. Bezos wants to own a team. Amazon has its primary operations in Seattle, WA and Arlington, VA. Bezos built a mansion in DC and also owns WaPo.

The NFL/Goodell are not stupid ... they will use this to get Bezos in.  Bank on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Junkies just speculated Bezos is stepping down from Amazon to negotiate purchase and takeover of the team.

So let's be real. The NFL wants Bezos to own a team. Bezos wants to own a team. Amazon has its primary operations in Seattle, WA and Arlington, VA. Bezos built a mansion in DC and also owns WaPo.

The NFL/Goodell are not stupid ... they will use this to get Bezos in.  Bank on it.

I sure as hell hope so. Bezos isn’t a saint by any means but he isn’t Snyder!

Just now, Rskins91 said:

I sure as hell hope so. Bezos isn’t a saint by any means but he isn’t Snyder!

But Bezos built Amazon with an obsession on customer experience. I studied Amazon and the Bezos psyche through the HQ2 process ... he is obsessed with customer experience. Which has led to controversy with underpaid warehouse workers ... and screwing over some of the people who sell on the platform of Amazon.

But if you're a WFT fan, I think obsession with customer experience would bode well for the direction of the franchise. From a new stadium to a new brand to fan experience to probably an equally large obession with winning on the field.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

That's huge as for him interferring with an investigation.   I've been a part (not where I am investigated but my employer) of a major investigation and I know at least from a legal standpoint I was advised up front that interferring/not cooperating with an investigation is actually considered more flagrant than what's actually being investigated -- depending on the crime.  To that point, I know this as a layman who isn't an attorney and is no expert on the issue.  Yet, I understood it.   Besides Dan being wrong, it comes off as another case of Dan not knowing how to get out of his own way and showcases again his incompetence.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

I don't know any more about what happened than you do. 

And vice versa.

And your claim of " baiting " is hilarious coming from you.

You are too black and white with this. And I haven't baited anyone at any time in this thread. I've been very clear and up front. 

Dan Snyder runs this organization and is ultimately responsible. A video was produced over AT LEAST two different photo shoots. There is a very small chance he knew nothing about it. But, if he truly knew nothing about it, then a bunch of men he hired and empowered ran the organization unchecked and violated the rights of many of his employees. That, in and of itself, is gross negligence. But, like I said, any knowledge of it (ordering it or permitting it) is a completely different stratosphere. 

But in the end, you can have any opinion you want (obviously). It just boggles my mind that only the "ordering" of the tapes is an issue for you. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

if its a suspension, if I recall Steinbrenner's was 2 years?  If so load up on draft picks now, maybe they can go 2-3 drafts with no Dan interference. 

Interesting but the Junkies are usually dead on the rare times they leak something

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's huge as for him interferring with an investigation.   I've been a part (not where I am investigated but my employer) of a major investigation and I know at least from a legal standpoint I was advised up front that interferring/not cooperating with an investigation is actually considered more flagrant than what's actually being investigated -- depending on the crime.  To that point, I know this as a layman who isn't an attorney and is no expert on the issue.  Yet, I understood it.   Besides Dan being wrong, it comes off as another case of Dan not knowing how to get out of his own way and showcases again his incompetence.  

This might be the nail, especially if Wilkinson found anything linking Snyder directly. They reported the investigation was 130 pages. So, I feel there is more to the story, beyond what the WaPo reported.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

if its a suspension, if I recall Steinbrenner's was 2 years?  If so load up on draft picks now, maybe they can go 2-3 drafts with no Dan interference. 

And that suspension allowed the Yankees to grow the core 4 of Petite Jeter posada and Rivera without trading them for the star

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

This might be the nail, especially if Wilkinson found anything linking Snyder directly. They reported the investigation was 130 pages. So, I feel there is more to the story, beyond what the WaPo reported.

130 pages for lawyers is like 10 pages for normal humans. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

And here comes the big buckets of ice water on our raging new-owner-boners.

I took it as the Junks got a leaked look at the report. They wouldn't go to air with it, and Lurch particularly is very very connected into Ashburn. ****, I live in Ashburn, you see players/team staff all the damn time, and he rolls in those social circles.

They wouldn't air this if it wasn't legitimate. The league is gonna cover it up until they get the actual report.

• Like 3

If I wanted to play the conspiracy guy here.  Perhaps the NFL do not want to release (as some suspect) the report because of the actual recommendation.  Owners as we know like to protect their own.  And, the Junkies just ruined that quest in a sense.

The recommendation isn't the NFL's recommendation, its from the lawyer they hired to recommend to them what to do.  So if they can keep that part quiet its better for them.  Having the recommendation out there puts their feet to the fire in a way they perhaps didn't want. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1