Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 hours ago, Painkiller said:

I’ve been a Dan Snyder critic as much as anyone over the years, but this idea of utilizing the court of public opinion to force the man to lose his business really does not sit well with me.

Very un-American.  For me the end never justifies the means.  If it’s bad enough to get a conviction in a court of law on something...that’s different.  If it’s mountains out of ant hills to exact a desired outcome...not good.

Based on the rest of your comment, there's no way the first part is true. As said above, all this is written into the NFL's bylaws among owners, i.e., the other owners can oust one of their own if they believe his/her conduct is detrimental to their brand and MUTUAL BUSINESS. There's nothing "un-American" about that. It's not like they'd be taking all his money away and locking him up in jail because of "public opinion." They'd force him to sell the team and he'd rake in more money than ever. He just wouldn't be allowed to poison the brand any more. I hope to God this happens. This is a vile, pathetic man.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

Based on the rest of your comment, there's no way the first part is true. As said above, all this is written into the NFL's bylaws among owners, i.e., the other owners can oust one of their own if they believe his/her conduct is detrimental to their brand and MUTUAL BUSINESS. There's nothing "un-American" about that. It's not like they'd be taking all his money away and locking him up in jail because of "public opinion." They'd force him to sell the team and he'd rake in more money than ever. He just wouldn't be allowed to poison the brand any more. I hope to God this happens. This is a vile, pathetic man.  

The criticism of him is very much true on how it relates to his ownership of my favorite team.  I’ve never met the man, and don’t know him personally.  I wouldn’t cry for him if he lost the team.  I do however have my principles and they apply even to to him.

I believe in criticizing what we know to be true about what he has done, and reserving judgment on what we don’t know.  Unverified witness statements don’t count as the truth and neither does unverified speculation.  If the investigation reveals him to be a vile and pathetic man, the NFL can certainly do what it wants...however Pandora’s box would be opened and they are all fair game for the same thing.  You set precedent...and it will be interesting to see if the findings of the investigation are so bad that they would be willing to set themselves up for possibly the same thing down the road.  Every single one of them has skeletons in the closet I’m sure. At any time they could be accused of the same things.

Edited by Painkiller

Just now, Painkiller said:

The criticism of him is very much true on how it relates to his ownership of my favorite team.  I’ve never met the man, and don’t know him personally.  I wouldn’t cry for him if he lost the team.  I do however have my principles and they apply even to to him.

I believe in criticizing what we know to be true about what he is done, and reserving judgment on what we don’t know.  Unverified witness statements don’t count as the truth and neither does unverified speculation.  If the investigation reveals him to be a vile and pathetic man, the NFL can certainly do what it wants...however Pandora’s box would be opened end they are all fair game for the same thing.  You set precedent...and it will be interesting to see if the findings of the investigation are so bad that they would be willing to set themselves up for possibly the same thing down the road.  Every single one of them has skeletons in the closet I’m sure. At any time they could be accused of the same things.

Whatever the investigation reveals, he's a "vile and pathetic man" in my book already based on a mountain of evidence spanning two decades that's already out there and other things I know that aren't.

As far as "unverified speculation," that's why they did an investigation that, as of now, very few know the results of. An investigation that interviewed 100s of people from what I understand. THAT is what will ultimately decide the situation, not public sentiment. I'm not a fan of the whole "mob rules mentality" that's so prevalent right now either, but Jesus Christ, if I was an owner, there'd be enough out there already for me to not want this douchebag to be a part of my brand. It's one thing to have a few skeletons, it's another to have entire graveyards. If I started believing every NFL owner was "just as bad," I'd have to really question my own principles in continuing to support the league in general. It's hard enough sometimes to keep supporting this team knowing who owns it. 

The NFL needs to make that report public to the extent that they are able and then we can go from there. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

The NFL needs to make that report public to the extent that they are able and then we can go from there. 

I would say that I agree he has mostly been a very bad owner.  No disputing that fact.  The most important thing is to win consistently and he has not done that at all.  For me does his ownership, and what I have heard about him that has been verified rise to “vile and pathetic?”...those are really harsh terms to describe a person. I’m not prepared today to use those terms to describe him personally.

For the most part we agree.  I would like to see what the report indicates, but I sense that no matter what is in the report there are many who plan to seize on the tidbits and force the issue as much as possible.  I don’t sense that for many (maybe you are in this group, maybe you aren’t) an objective assessment of this report can be made now no matter what it reveals.  The plan is already to seize on the slightest transgressions and blow up social media as much as possible to try to force him out.  

Edited by Painkiller

2 hours ago, Painkiller said:

but I sense that no matter what is in the report there are many who plan to seize on the tidbits and force the issue as much as possible. 

I appreciate your ironclad ethics, but this falls squarely under the “hey they got Capone on tax evasion” category for me. Anything will do given what we DO know about the man, if it looks bad enough. We aren’t sending him to prison without due process for christ sake, we’re talking about forcing him out of a position of power he’s abused and making him RICHER in the meantime. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I appreciate your ironclad ethics, but this falls squarely under the “hey they got Capone on tax evasion” category for me. Anything will do given what we DO know about the man, if it looks bad enough. We aren’t sending him to prison without due process for christ sake, we’re talking about forcing him out of a position of power he’s abused and making him RICHER in the meantime. 

I get the dislike for Snyder.  I really do.  Much of it he has earned.  The issue I have is forcing him out because he’s been a “bad” owner, and using a ton of here-say or questionable “eyewitness” testimony to try to force the league’s hand. Of course, there are different levels of bad, and if the report reveals some unforgivable offense he personally has committed in the eyes of the league he will be gone.  I doubt the report comes close to that level.  I don’t believe much of what people say, because I often question their motives.  

I also understand that Snyder won’t be living on sardines and pork and beans if he’s forced to sell.  He will live in the lap of luxury for the rest of his life.  For me that’s not the point.  I’m not into character assassination.  I don’t hate him that much.  

• Like 1

I'll be shocked if they force him out because, it will invite scrutiny on themselves.  While they may not be as sleazy as Dan; I think many of them have shady skeletons, if you dig deep.  Remember, for many of them; the NFL is just a toy they own.  

I think they only way they can really force Dan out is if he's criminally charged and it doesn't seem like that's happening.  So, you will get a fine, suspension and maybe loss of draft picks/cap space.

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

I would love for Bezos to acquire the team, but what is he going to do with 40%? Would an MIT grad and most successful businessman of his era want to play silent partner to a sleazy grossly incompetent megalomaniac? 

He would want a majority stake.

I don’t why he doesn’t see if the Seahawks are for sale.

I highly recommend watching the whole thing but this was a cool interview with Jack Del Rio. They talk a lot of good football but also mention why Chase Young reminds him more of Ray Lewis than other edge rushers and why that’s a good thing. He talks about his grading system and also the way he coaches which makes me seriously excited to see how we show out in year two. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It has been done before with Schott, Sterling, Richardson, I could add Levinson who was forced to step down. I believe it would just take tapes, testimonies, and of course a strong will from the NFL to oust him. Most owners dislike him, I don't think he would be missed. Brucifer might be able to help, who knows ? Until then nothing will change.

It used to be American to believe "the buck stops here." In other words, it used to be American to believe that the leader of an organization was responsible for the problems of that organization, even the sins of that organizations. If it is proven, that there was a culture of systemic, flagrant, and criminal abuse (those nudey videos of cheerleaders made without their knowledge or permission certainly broke some laws) then the owner bares responsibility. Even more so, if this has been going on for ten years. 

If it's a one off, then being responsible means firing the guilty parties. If it's ten years of bad behavior on multiple fronts, than ignorance (real or feigned) is no excuse.

• Like 3

On 2/26/2021 at 5:16 PM, Painkiller said:

I believe in criticizing what we know to be true about what he has done, and reserving judgment on what we don’t know.  Unverified witness statements don’t count as the truth and neither does unverified speculation.

...Every single one of (the owners) has skeletons in the closet I’m sure.

Don't these two statements kinda contradict each other?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Don't these two statements kinda contradict each other?

Nope. I meant exactly what I said.  Judge what we know to be true. Don’t accuse anyone without proof.  I just doubt that the other owners want the same kind of scrutiny Snyder’s getting on their operation.

On 2/26/2021 at 11:39 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

Good post. That's where I'm at and here's why...

1) There's a very good chance that much of what we've read about (sexual misconduct, toxic culture, cheerleader videos) is true

2) There's also a very good chance there won't be a smoking gun for much of those things

3) There's also a very good chance what's made it out for public consumption is just the tip of the iceberg 

For all those reasons, if Snyder goes down based on a technicality I won't consider it a travesty. He's done some horrible things to scores of people during his time here. So, if the owners read the report/investigation and see that they can nail him for using non-sanctioned paperclips in the office, then oh well. In a vacuum that's a bad precedent. But with someone who has hurt so many people, it's just the rule of what goes around comes around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Painkiller said:

Nope. I meant exactly what I said.  Judge what we know to be true. Don’t accuse anyone without proof.  I just doubt that the other owners want the same kind of scrutiny Snyder’s getting on their operation.

"Every single one of (the owners) has skeletons in the closet I’m sure" is speculation. Speculation which you believe. Which you just said you don't do. But you just did it.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2