Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You might be in for a real long wait; like when Dan dies in 30 years. It going take a lot, to see Dan removed. I just don’t see it happening; subject to new info.  If Dan is forced to sell; it will be an ugly process.

Maybe so...who's to say. There has already been more info over the past 4-5 months than I ever expected we'd get. And, based on common sense, it's reasonable to believe that we haven't heard everything that's out there yet. We will see. I truly think there is an opportunity here with these allegations for something to come to a head. 

And, even if it takes 30 years, it's been nearly that long since the last respectable on-field product, so I've shown that I'm patient. 

18 hours ago, method man said:

Costing us games by advocating for the wrong people. He needs to go

@method manI just watched that Schrager video that you were obviously eluding too, I had no idea what you were talking about when I originally responded.

I don't know if its worth firing Doug for that but I bet Ron will think twice before listening to him again.  I think I feel better now knowing it was Doug who was banging on the table for him and not Ron, I was really disappointed in Ron for letting him practice, let alone play. 

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

I’m conflicted when it comes to Kyle Smith and our current front office. On the one hand, our recent drafts were well rated and we are starting to find mid round and even undrafted contributors. On the other hand, our offensive line, receivers, linebackers, and QB situation are all sketchy. 

kyle has been in charge of the draft for several years now. Sure, Bruce Allen and Snyder played the biggest role, but when we look at the roster are we happy? Are we happy with the speed of our talent acquisition? 

This is where I'm at.  Kyle's done okay, better then past personnel people we've had, but there are a lot of holes on this roster still.  His dad had some success as a GM so he does have some pedigree.  Well, AJ had 3 excellent drafts from '04-'06 that stacked San Diego for a nice run, but his drafts fell off after that.  Ron wants someone he's comfortable with and from what Ron's said in interviews about Kyle they're not fully on the same page.  I hope he sticks around but if a new person comes in wouldn't surprise me if Kyle leaves.  

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I think Ron wants an administrative/overseer type GM while keeping Kyle around to handle personnel/scouting.

There is a lot more to being GM than just running the draft.

I mean that's easily the biggest part of running a successful franchise though. You can hire a guy to do contracts and have Kyle Smith evaluate the players that the contract guy will negotiate with. 

It just doesn't add up, but I also don't think teams are going to be calling to hire Kyle Smith as their GM yet, either. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

8 hours ago, Califan007 said:

What?

Doug pounded the table for both Guice and Haskins. Ron was going to cut Haskins last week but Doug talked him out of it. I don't think Doug is a good judge of character

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I think Ron wants an administrative/overseer type GM while keeping Kyle around to handle personnel/scouting.

There is a lot more to being GM than just running the draft.

What doesn't totally make sense is that Rob Rogers is effectively serving as Rivera's right hand man and is playing that admin role

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Ron wants someone with experience and feels Kyle doesn't have enough experience. 

Or more likely, Ron wants more control over personnel, and hiring a GM who would otherwise be unemployed is the perfect ploy to win unquestionable loyalty...see Lobsterman and Brucifer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Califan007 said:

Which doesn't involve anything that would have him pounding the table for college players in the draft.

You are missing the point. The point is that Doug talked Ron into keeping Haskins on the roster last week. When you look at his position, he has failed with helping the troubled players get their heads on straight.

13 minutes ago, method man said:

You are missing the point. The point is that Doug talked Ron into keeping Haskins on the roster last week. When you look at his position, he has failed with helping the troubled players get their heads on straight.

I thought you were talking about "pounding the table" for drafting him last year...my mistake. I know he vouched for Guice in 2018 after visiting him in his home town. No idea if he was in his new role long enough to have had any effect on Guice, though.

11 hours ago, justice98 said:

I still fear for this whole setup.  That this new GM isn't actually in charge and will just be subservient to Ron.  

Wait are there people who actually think any GM hired would have the final say over Ron? That’s never happening, so flush that from your mind right now. He isn’t hiring someone over himself in the power structure after he has had 100% control from the get-go here. The best we can hope for is that it’s someone he can collaborate well with who has a lot of influence with him. This is why people didn’t like the coach-centric power structure, but for better or worse we need to hope it works. 

But just to really drive it home, I’ll repeat: there is 0% chance this GM hire is given more power than Rivera. He’s looking for someone he can work with, but will still have ultimate power. You need to come to terms with that now before the hire, for the health of your own mind and expectations. 

38 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Or more likely, Ron wants more control over personnel, and hiring a GM who would otherwise be unemployed is the perfect ploy to win unquestionable loyalty...see Lobsterman and Brucifer.

Rivera already has 100% control over personnel, he doesn’t need to do a fake pity hire to steal more power. He doesn’t have to add a GM at all or hand out that title. He’s clearly looking for someone he’s comfortable collaborating with, but we’ll learn a lot about him based on who that ends up being. I hope our worst fears aren’t confirmed. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

NE hasn't exactly been the class of the field, but the Bills completely clowned them last night. Twice this year. That's a good roster.

They have been pretty bold and successful in the draft the past few years.  Of course they traded back while KC took Mahomes.  That could have been a disaster, but they used the compensation and turned it into White, Dion Dawkins and Edmunds.  They also were aggressive in 2018 and packaged two 2nds to move up for Allen.  Homerun.  Then they used this year’s 1st+ to grab a disgruntled veteran who has turned out to be a top 5 WR.  Using multiple draft philosophies, and hitting, they have turned their roster from a loser to a very scary contender.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, method man said:

It sounds like you don't think Dan Snyder's penchant for hiring anyone who brings him happy memories from the franchise's golden age isn't well thought out or an accepted way to build a billion-dollar organization. Interesting...

• Haha 1

"The three Washington Football Team limited partners embroiled in an angrily litigious split from owner Dan Snyder accused him of corporate malfeasance earlier this year, according to an affidavit filed Monday by the partners’ advisor, John Moag. And Moag claimed Snyder sent “intruders” to his home to harass him.

Lawyers for Snyder, in a midnight filing just hours after the Moag papers appeared on the Maryland court docket, described his affidavit as a “scandalous” statement and “defamatory.”

It is this alleged corporate misconduct — for which no proof has been offered — that led Moag to appear to threaten Snyder in a text he sent the owner earlier this year, writing, “If you continue your game, you know what I know about and what I have never spoken about. And you know it has nothing to do with the media **** … it’s the more serious ****.”

The text was included in a filing earlier this month in the acrimonious case brought by the three limited partners to force Snyder to accept the sale of their combined 40 percent interest. Because Snyder has accused the three partners of planting stories on alleged sexual misconduct about him, there was some thought this is what Moag meant in his missive (and indeed since the text’s emergence stories have appeared that Snyder paid a $1.6 million sexual harassment settlement in 2009). But as it turns out, that is not what Moag meant. 

“My clients learned of some serious corporate irregularities in the WFI 2019 financial statements which I alluded to in a call I had with Snyder in late September 2020,” Moag wrote, referring to a call and not a text (WFI is the corporate name for WFT). 

The irregularities included “long missing financials, breaches of the partnership agreement, and other significant issues, some now being litigated in Judge (Peter) Messitte’s court, and others in ongoing arbitration,” Moag added, referring to the judge overseeing the LPs’ lawsuit against Snyder. “To say that discovering these improprieties disturbed my clients is an understatement. While there are details to which I am not officially privy to in litigation my clients filed against Snyder for these serious irregularities, a leaked The New York Times story … cited sources that claim, inaccurately, that my clients were motivated by a desire for distributions. The opposite is true.”

https://theathletic.com/2290235/2020/12/29/wft-partners-allege-financial-malfeasance-daniel-snyder-calls-that-scandalous/?source=emp-shared-article

Man, whatever comes out of this, this is definitely not a good look for the NFL.

• Like 1