Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

On 9/27/2020 at 9:50 AM, Voice_of_Reason said:

Actually, I’m sure Dan wanted to pay everything above board and Tonya overrode him and threatened to withhold sex if he paid the dividends on time.  

to prevent this sort of stuff or even just this particular comment being carried further---

for a very long time i've generated serious 'anti-dan' posts when he's the topic, but mod-wise i suggest you spend a little time after you edit that out to ponder what was off about it per our rules 

as a poster i do have the temerity to also suggest you consider questionable aspects of perpetuating that kind of commentary and "thinking" even if it was made as 'snark' or a 'joke' and not 'seriously'

to anyone reading, the suggestion is to 'ponder' (reflect/examine/question), not 'defend'

and to be clear as a member and a mod, the premises of the comment include matters that are off-topic to this thread and the stadium forum :) 

and don't forget this (for anyone):

Members should use the Feedback Forum for any general comments you may have regarding board management on any matter.

fwiw we're in the mod thread figuring on again adjusting this multi-topic messy thread (FO hires, coach hires, dan scandals, still some name-change stuff, and more) to a more cohesive, focused discussion :)

all of those matters are worthy, it's just having them being crammed into one thread for a number of weeks now that's being addressed

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2020 at 3:52 PM, Florgon79 said:

After today we are officially a sub 500 team. Since Snyder has taken ownership the team has only had 5 winning season and no playoff wins. 20 years of this trash.

6 winning seasons snd 2 playoff wins...

1999 (playoff win)

2005 (playoff win)

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Double-digit wins: 3 Seasons.

Double-digit losses: 9 Seasons.

1st place finishes: 2

Last place finishes: 8

I'm curious what Snyder uses as evidence to think he knows what he is doing.

The same thing we use to think we know how to be a GM lol...the only difference is we don't have the power or opportunity to act on our delusions.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Califan007 said:

6 winning seasons snd 2 playoff wins...

1999 (playoff win)

2005 (playoff win)

1999 shouldn’t count. Dan didn’t have time to get his little fingers into everything until the following offseason.

When he did, we were coming off a multi-year rebuild, had just had a double digit win season and division title, and three first round picks and a ****load of cap space to help ensue the future of the organization for years to come and Dan decided he should be GM and turn the team into his personal Madden franchise. Hey Dan 🖕😠

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

29 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

1999 shouldn’t count. Dan didn’t have time to get his little fingers into everything until the following offseason.

When he did, we were coming off a multi-year rebuild, had just had a double digit win season and division title, and three first round picks and a ****load of cap space to help ensue the future of the organization for years to come and Dan decided he should be GM and turn the team into his personal Madden franchise. Hey Dan 🖕😠

1) He was owner so he gets credit, since the other guy said "since Snyder has taken ownership." I guarantee you that if the Skins had gone 5-11 that year the season would be put on his resume' by everyone without hesitation.

2) He apparently played a role in bringing Larry Centers here in 1999, who contributed to the playoff season and the next--guy had 150 receptions in those 2 years.

3) Since when does Snyder need an entire year before he starts meddling? lol...He was chewing out Norv in the lockerroom so loud that media members overheard it. Trust me, his fingerprints were on that season.

4 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Even that is showing losses--we're now 7th in the NFL in value. We were 1st less than 10 years ago.

What year was that? I don't think anyone has overtaken the Cowboys for the top spot since they grabbed it a long time ago.

Edited by Califan007

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

1) He was owner so he gets credit, since the other guy said "since Snyder has taken ownership." I guarantee you that if the Skins had gone 5-11 that year the season would be put on his resume' by everyone without hesitation.

2) He apparently played a role in bringing Larry Centers here in 1999, who contributed to the playoff season and the next--guy had 150 receptions in those 2 years.

3) Since when does Snyder need an entire year before he starts meddling? lol...He was chewing out Norv in the lockerroom so loud that media members overheard it. Trust me, his fingerprints were on that season.

What year was that? I don't think anyone has overtaken the Cowboys for the top spot since they grabbed it a long time ago.

I will reluctantly give him credit...I remember back then being excited to have a fiery owner rather than our sleepy son of the previous guy. How wrong was I?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

May not have been 10 yrs, was like 2003 or so, I think. We were #3ish in the world there for a spell.

Update, as of Sept 15, we dropped another spot. We're 8th in the NFL.

Edited by Riggo#44

13 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Yeah, we were in the top 3 (or maybe tp 4) for a long time. That started to tank somewhere during Bruce and Dan's (and Tanya's lol) decade together.

And we were absolutely #1 at least through 2005:

https://www.forbes.com/2005/09/01/sports-football-gambling-cz_05nfland.html#134469925e5f

• Like 2

I'm not surprised Ron is having issues, my guess is he's around round 2 or 3 of treatment and that's when blood levels tank and you become very susceptible to infection.

I hope the best for Ron, I wouldn't be surprised if he's not around too much during the next 3 - 5 weeks.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

This is REALLY surprising. I didn't think anyone was going to be willing to work with Snyder...

The National Harbor is a close 2nd to DC. Knowing Snyder, he'll put it out in some East Bumble**** VA location.

National Harbor makes more sense to me than DC simply because of the potential gambling element at MGM and that its on the Beltway.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mhd24 said:

National Harbor makes more sense to me than DC simply because of the potential gambling element at MGM and that its on the Beltway.  

Well, FedEx is on the beltway too. National Harbor has more to do around the stadium, already in place. FedEx was a sinkhole in the middle of nowhere. Also, there are a ton of hotels around there too. But the main problem is lack of Metro again--closest one is in Old Town.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Well, FedEx is on the beltway too. National Harbor has more to do around the stadium, already in place. FedEx was a sinkhole in the middle of nowhere. Also, there are a ton of hotels around there too. But the main problem is lack of Metro again--closest one is in Old Town.

The solution to that?: Big. Ass. Ferries.

Imagine how cool that could be for the gameday experience arriving at National Harbor in a decked out burgundy and gold ferry with a bunch of fans singing the fight song. We could make use of the Wharf location as well as a Ferry spot

Ferry - Wikipedia

• Like 2