Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

On this WSJ rehash. First question was "Didn't they already try to do this?"

but, sounds like the minority owners are on their 3rd move (at least).

1. Snyder sucks, We're going to get a movement to change the name. He'll hate that and maybe get out and sell a majority stake to us.

2. That didn't work. He changed the name. Well, we want to get out of this and sell our stake to new people.

3. That didn't work either. Nobody wants to be a minority owner if he has control. We're going to start pushing some info out there to get him to sell again.... 

rinse/repeat.

and I'm saying this as a guy who wants new/better ownership. Feels like I'm watching an episode of Billions and these other billionaires can't find a way to beat him. That's surprising.  

• Like 2

This is going to get ugly. I doubt the minority partners would be pursuing this course if they didn't have some more dirt on Snyder than the Post article about sexual harassment did. Snyder may have opened up a can of worms by suing about the false allegations...which everyone had already forgotten about anyway.

"Jump before you're pushed, Dan...er, we mean Mr. Snyder" is what they are saying.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

19 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Just what we need in Washington ; more drama.

This is the worst offseason ever.

I know you're going for sarcasm, but this is actually all true lol.

I've been saying it for awhile now...there is so much more to this story.  3 billionaires don't just make a play to get the majority owner to sell and then give up when he says no.  They only take that first step if prepared for all out war.  Buckle up.

• Like 4

I want whoever is less sleazy to win. And given Snyder’s rep, you’d think it would be the minority guys. But in things like this... you never... ever... know. 

Hopefully whatever happens is in the best interest of the franchise and allows them to find footing and return to consistency competitive play and world class tier organization status.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1

Listening to Finlay and Sheehan this morning on seperate radio stations.  And going through Keim's tweets.

A. The minority owners are sick of being associated with Snyder (suggesting they don't love how he rolls and his reputation) (Sheehan)

B. Snyder has been a pain in the butt in terms of approving potential new investors in the team as for potential sales for these minority owners (Finlay)

C.  The other owners would have to vote Dan out.  And while they don't like Dan, its doubtful they'd want to set up this precedent -- glass houses, etc.  (Keim)

8 hours ago, KDawg said:

I want whoever is less sleazy to win. And given Snyder’s rep, you’d think it would be the minority guys. But in things like this... you never... ever... know. 

I'd even take a little sleaze for competence from a beggars can't be choosers perspective.  Dan is a double threat - sleazy and incompetent. 

Fred Smith from Fedex for example not known for sleaze and also has a reputation for competence.   I can see a dude like that being sick of watching Dan run this team into the ground and essentially working under the dude that almost unanimously is considered one of the worst owners in professional sports.   Tough to get worst than Dan. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Dan is a double threat - sleazy and incompetent. 

Triple threat, he's sleazy and incompetent, but doesn't believe he's either. Which is the worst part--he has no inclination to admit he's not just part of the problem, but the main problem.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Triple threat, he's sleazy and incompetent, but doesn't believe he's either. Which is the worst part--he has no inclination to admit he's not just part of the problem, but the main problem.

Sad but true. And this is typical of people who bully their way into positions of power. After all, Snyder made his millions by running a telemarketing firm that was later shut down by the FBI for fraud (after he sold it, of course). Why would he change, when what he did to get him here worked so well? It would take a monumental event to get people like Snyder to change, but in order to do so they have to be able to look at themselves in the mirror and say "I'm part of the problem."

Unfortunately, narcissists like Snyder and Trump NEVER look in the mirror. (Not trying to get political, but Trump clearly has all of the traits of narcissistic personality disorder. Snyder may not be a full-blown narcissist, but he hasn't really shown any inclination to take responsibility for the things that have gone wrong in DC. He's only made changes when his bottom line was threatened.)

Personally, I think the cheerleader story from 2018 should have outraged more people than it did. Where was NOW when this happened? Haven't heard a peep out of NOW even after the latest allegations, which unfortunately is hampered by the fact that 14 of the women continue to remain anonymous. Snyder may not have harassed anyone personally, but he had to have been aware of it and implicitly condone it by not acting to correct it. Using NDAs to silence people, even about valid EEO issues, is one of the hallmarks of a toxic organization.\

And to think we all thought things would get better after Bruce Allen left...

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, boston skins fan said:

I have a man crush on Ron Rivera.  If this dude brings a super bowl to DC under Snyder hell be a god in this town

Hopefully at least put fans back in the seats...football fans!...Washington Football fans to be exact lol

54 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Good call here man..completely agree 👍👍

Snyder sounds like an idahoan...point the finger at every one else and takes no blame.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Just what we need in Washington ; more drama.

This is the worst offseason ever.

Finally get Bruce out, get a guy with a solid reputation in, and roll right into this offseason of mayhem.  There was about a 2 month period of solid, unencumbered optimism.  Then it was a steady stream of Covid, the name change, the harassment scandal, Guice, an ownership feud.  Lord willing, things will settle down now.  

Is John Kent Cooke still interested in the team ?

Is he still alive ?

Did he ever leave Bermuda ?

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

Finally get Bruce out, get a guy with a solid reputation in, and roll right into this offseason of mayhem.  There was about a 2 month period of solid, unencumbered optimism.  Then it was a steady stream of Covid, the name change, the harassment scandal, Guice, an ownership feud.  Lord willing, things will settle down now.  

also Latimer...and JDR

Ron was on Sheehan this morning and he was asked about any players who Ron thought were sleepers and were impressing him early on, one of the first names that came out of his mouth was Saahdiq Charles.

That's good to hear, hopefully he feels the same way when they're in pads.

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

We been saying that for years. That would apply to literally anybody they hired.

I'm not saying you're wrong but I don't remember this team ever having this many young, talented players as foundational pieces.

At least we have that going for us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yep its one of Sheehan's favorite lines.  They (speaking about both Dan and Bruce back in the day) are both arrogant, incompetent and delusional.  As he liked to say it's the worst combination because you never improve because you always rationalize the failures by either finding scapegoats and chalk it up to bad luck. 

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

Ron was on Sheehan this morning and he was asked about any players who Ron thought were sleepers and were impressing him early on, one of the first names that came out of his mouth was Saahdiq Charles.

That's good to hear, hopefully he feels the same way when their in pads.

I liked Saahdiq Charles before the draft.  But I've become wary about trusting the FO (or for that matter any FO) as to vouching for the character of players that have had issues in college.

Doug is a great guy and his intentions are always good.  But part of my sell of Guice's character (loved the player) was Doug being so dogmatic and borderline smug about how his character checked out.  Today I was listening to a Keim podcast which got into them having questions about Guice's character and commitment for some time and this latest incident was the straw that broke the camel's back. 

As for Charles, his multiple suspensions in college to me is more of a red flag than the rap on Guice pre draft.  Guice's character concerns were rumors.  That in retrospect I gather proved to be true.  So tough for me not have concerns for Charles. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for Charles, his multiple suspensions in college to me is more of a red flag than the rap on Guice pre draft.  Guice's character concerns were rumors.  That in retrospect I gather proved to be true.  So tough for me not have concerns for Charles. 

I didnt even think about his suspensions but good point, I'm sure you heard the interview but Ron was only discussing how he seems to pick things up quickly but gave pause because its without pads.

I'm still shocked about Guice, I don't know how all of that information that other teams seemed to have known somehow slipped past us.

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I didnt even think about his suspensions but good point, I'm sure you heard the interview but Ron was only discussing how he seems to pick things up quickly but gave pause because its without pads.

I'm still shocked about Guice, I don't know how all of that information that other teams seemed to have known somehow slipped past us.

We didn't care.