Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Was really hoping Cooley would stick around for a long time. Really loved his insights. Had a "Riggins-esque" personality, too. A little off the rails. Very good at what he did, imo. Never enjoyed Bram, DHall is meh, not sure what Julie will bring at this point. Gonna miss Doc on the sidelines, too. His schtick gets a little annoying on the radio, but thought it was perfect for a game environment. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

His schtick gets a little annoying 

Heyyy @Koolblue13 said something similar to this about me...ahhhh cause he's like alot of (insert very bad name here)people here I didn't know what he meant and it's been eating at me..he just dosent like the kind of person I am tho he has noooooo clue what kind of person I am...thanks for kinda helping out man!

Look like Chic was up for the gig DHall got based on his not so subliminal tweets. I’m happy Julie went in other directions. 

Social media really hurt him from a credible standpoint for me personally. So I’m ok with him not being a part of the game day radio team. 

Edited by skinsfan212689

3 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

What does the Julie Donaldson tweet really mean that before she was hired they were already going to move on from Cooley and that it was not really her decision?

23 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

Was really hoping Cooley would stick around for a long time.

I’d be hard pressed to bring back any of the old voices, at least for now. Not because they weren’t good, but rather to cut all ties w/ Larry. That dude didn’t just sink his own ship, he took down the surrounding armada.

Maybe in a year or two we can try to bring back Portis and Doc in some capacity, but at the very least you gotta give it some time.

In the meantime, the show must go on. That means new warm bodies. I’d help fill in myself but as we all know Zombies bodies are cold. Seems I didn’t fit their “pre-requisite qualifications” Somehow I'm the monster here?

• Like 2

On 8/12/2020 at 10:48 AM, dyst said:

I have the perfect three person set-up for the game day broadcasts but it is unlikely to happen due to how awesome it is. How about Charles Mann as play by play, Ken Harvey as color commentator and Clinton Portis as sidelines reporter? Throw in some guest appearances from Doc, so we can get a few "punch them in the mouth" quotes and we've got an all-star cast here ladies and gents.

Isn't Portis in legal trouble again? Maybe AP can get some financial advice from him.

Perhaps Cooley not coming back had something to do with him exposing himself on social media back in the day? Especially with everything surrounding the team lately, that may have been viewed as not helping the situation? Personally I liked listening to his commentary.

3 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Perhaps Cooley not coming back had something to do with him exposing himself on social media back in the day? Especially with everything surrounding the team lately, that may have been viewed as not helping the situation? Personally I liked listening to his commentary.

Seeing as how the decision was made at the beginning of the year (before everything surrounding the team even came to light), i doubt that’s why 

Cooley not being a part of the team in any capacity is a bummer. The love for taking detailed notes and wealth of experience doing It throughout his life appeared to be an elite intangible. Will be hard for another individual to match that in terms of value to the fan. 

• Like 1

https://www.wsj.com/articles/minority-owners-pressure-dan-snyder-to-sell-washingtons-nfl-team-11597343129

Minority Owners Pressure Dan Snyder to Sell Washington’s NFL Team

The minority partners of Washington’s NFL team are pressuring Dan Snyder to sell the franchise, according to people familiar with the matter, amid a growing firefight inside a team facing controversy on multiple fronts.

Mr. Snyder, the team’s 55-year-old billionaire owner, has no intention to sell his majority stake in the team, the people said. A recent legal filing by Mr. Snyder suggests that at least one of the minority partners has attempted to leak defamatory information against him.