Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

19 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

^^^ eff Pro Football Talk.  The entire context of the quote is 3 posts above yours.

We know how he feels.  There seems to be some context.  I don't agree with him, but I also believe he has the right to believe whatever the hell he wants to believe.  As long as it isn't an issue in the locker room, it's really not an issue to me.

If it IS an issue in the locker room, we're going to find out about it eventually.  

This is exactly where I stand on this...why would I care what a man I've never met thinks about politics? The only thing I truly care about is how he coaches and how the players respond to him. When I was younger, I cared a lot more about the people on the team. But that was also when your team was your team for years and years, not for roughly the life of a 5-year contract. 

Now, I want results. If our team was made up of 53 players who also happened to be flat-earthers, I'd be fine with it as long as they were good at sports. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

This is exactly where I stand on this...why would I care what a man I've never met thinks about politics? The only thing I truly care about is how he coaches and how the players respond to him. When I was younger, I cared a lot more about the people on the team. But that was also when your team was your team for years and years, not for roughly the life of a 5-year contract. 

Now, I want results. If our team was made up of 53 players who also happened to be flat-earthers, I'd be fine with it as long as they were good at sports. 

But I could see how a fan might be concerned with a coach or player being a flat-earther, and that being relevant.

They may refuse to travel to London or other international sites for games, to avoid falling off the edge of the planet

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

But I could see how a fan might be concerned with a coach or player being a flat-earther, and that being relevant.

They may refuse to travel to London or other international sites for games, to avoid falling off the edge of the planet

According to the Official Flat Eathers Twitter account, there are flat-earthers all around the globe...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Dont look now, but Jeff Bezos just sold a portion of his Amazon shares.

How much you ask?  $3.1 billion, or also known as just about what it would cost to buy the Washington Football Team(est 1923).

I would definitely take Bezos over Snyder. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Peregrine said:

Yeah, he may not be a good guy, but Id at least take a ruthless winner vs a ruthless loser...

That's kind of where im at too. I also don't think Bezos is going to treat the players/employees for the team like he does the employees at Amazon. That's a quick way to get players NOT to want to come play for us. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Peregrine said:

How much you ask?  $3.1 billion, or also known as just about what it would cost to buy the Washington Football Team(est 1923).

We haven't heard anything additional as far as fines/penalties from the NFL for the sexual harassment culture Snyder cultivated, the minority owners selling, or anything else like that. Seems like those stories dropped off the face of the planet. Interesting.

Season 6 Episode 10 GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

13 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Don't get your hopes up.  Doubtful it is to buy the Washington Football Team.

"By way of comparison, Bezos sold $2.8 billion worth of shares in 2019. Bezos has previously said he’s selling about $1 billion of Amazon stock a year to fund his space exploration company, Blue Origin."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/05/bezos-sells-more-than-3-billion-in-amazon-shares.html

I'm with Dan on this one (god help me) and I'm glad he acknowledged the team deserves criticism for where its at but some in the media did go a bit far.

Snyder acknowledged in his complaint that he and his team were “fair game for true and accurate coverage.” However, according to the complaint, he said he wants to “rectify the harm to his personal and professional reputation,” and to “deter defendants and other ‘hired gun’ misinformation providers from taking similar actions on behalf of their illicit clients against him or anyone else so that their family and friends can be spared the same terrible experience endured by Mr. Snyder and his family.”

Edited by JSSkinz

On 8/5/2020 at 9:11 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

He's broke and 34 and needs to keep playing to pay back money he owes. He'll be happy enough in any role, especially since Rivera is someone to actually take seriously. 

Tthis is another case of unfathomable stupidity

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/nfl-star-adrian-peterson-confronted-with-financial-woes-despite-making-nearly-100m/news-story/b9513642ae265c341c55c83e404cd10f

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Preston Smith showing us why we have a distinct advantage this year. While every other team will be ramped up with anxiety, the calming silence in the stands will put our team at ease. 

Leading to the superbowl there gonna win..

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ron and company acting with urgency to cut Guice.  

If Bruce was still here they would have held onto him until they were forced to cut him and wouldn’t have released a statement. 

I see this as a sign of progress.

I am not sure I agree with Sheehan's examples below but I get his point they had moments with those variables.   But they also still had dysfunction.   And Shanny at times added to the dysfunction.  Rivera seems to me the closest version of Gibbs 2. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ron and company acting with urgency to cut Guice.  

If Bruce was still here they would have held onto him until they were forced to cut him and wouldn’t have released a statement. 

I see this as a sign of progress.

Correction, until he forced Doug Williams to make a statement.

• Haha 5