Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Y'all out here talking about Bezos while forgetting there's another fan of this team who just recently had his XFL 2.0 fold that could sweep in & buy the team....

X6VwIze.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

8 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Rumor Intelligence (RUMINT) is a core feature of this board.

To be fair, given the location of the team, we probably have a disproportionate number of fans that work for an intelligence agency 👍

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ron Rivera

HUMAN SHIELD, Head Coach, General Manager and Head of Football Operations, Head of Marketing and Branding, Head of Media Relations, Head of Employee Relations, Head of Response to Social Injustice, defacto Team President and only adult in the room

Addition above

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Bezos: “Hey Alexa, buy me something Redskins related...”

Alexa: “Buying Redskins....”

Bezos now calling the post (which he owns):

"Hey, posties, I asked Alexa to buy me something Redskins related.  She's trying to buy the Redskins.  The geeks are trying to fix that bug, same thing happened with whole foods.  Just remember, I have A LOT of really good lawyers. Call me if you need me... Ta ta for now..."

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TK said:

Y'all out here talking about Bezos while forgetting there's another fan of this team who just recently had his XFL 2.0 fold that could sweep in & buy the team....

Vince over Bezos, count me in.

18 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Who cares, did you watch how he handled the Mav's when he bought them, they were one of the worst teams in the league.

You don't need an owner whose worth $160 billion to be successful, nobody here has any idea how Bezos would run this team.

If Snyder is forced to sell it will be the owners who decide who the next owner would be. For the continued financial security of the league are you going to vote for the guy worth 4 billion or the guy worth 170 billion? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

Addition above

Eh, I doubt Ron is going to jump on a grenade for Dan.  

I did forget Head Spokesperson, and in that capacity, I guess he protects Dan from having to say anything.  

2 minutes ago, thelongestbreath said:

That man deserves a medal for the level of peace and stability he has provided since being here.  He doesn't deserve to be stuck dealing with this disfunction.

No, he doesn't.  But I tell you what, I'm REALLY glad now what went down in December and Jan went down, because if we ended up with some second tier coach who was trying to keep everything stable, it would be even more of a disaster than it is now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Eh, I doubt Ron is going to jump on a grenade for Dan.  

At some level yes... but much of what he's done so far has been to "deal with" problems that preceded him, so I would argue that he has already been a shield...

Edited by DiscoBob

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No, he doesn't.  But I tell you what, I'm REALLY glad now what went down in December and Jan went down, because if we ended up with some second tier coach who was trying to keep everything stable, it would be even more of a disaster than it is now.

i didn't even expect a second tier coach to come here after Gruden, let alone someone like Ron.  I fully expected this team to go "full Zorn" again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

If Snyder is forced to sell it will be the owners who decide who the next owner would be. For the continued financial security of the league are you going to vote for the guy worth 4 billion or the guy worth 170 billion? 

I'm not sure how much an owner's personal wealth matters to the financial security of the league.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

You don't need an owner whose worth $160 billion to be successful, nobody here has any idea how Bezos would run this team.

Sure but bezos has a good track record of running organizations and creating success

snyders business record sucks. And that was before you could add “turned money-printing-football team into a dumpster fire they can’t find investors for”.

he quite literally had one business success and it was pioneering cold call telemarketing. The one thing he was good at required being a ****ty person to dream up the idea and execute it. 

yes bezos may suck as an owner. But the two don’t compare in any way. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

Heck with Bezos, bring in Elon Musk. In short order the whole team would be comprised of Cyborgs competing to the death with the occasional entertainment of one blowing up.
Stadium would be super sweet as well. 

Elon can build things, but his customer support (for Tesla, read "service department") has been completely and totally, and in every way destroyed.  Since last year, I haven't been able to call support and talk to anybody about anything. Yesterday, one of the computer brains in the car (something called an MCU) died, and the only way to get them to talk to me about what I needed to do was to drive my somewhat broken car to the service center, register online as a check-in, and then when the horse's ass service rep called to say they couldn't do anything for me, just leave it and they would give me an uber voucher, demand to speak to the "highest ranking person in the building, outside, with a mask."  That guy finally came out, reminded me we were in a pandemic (no **** sherlock), told me I was endagering his life (we were standing 2 car lengths apart from each other, outside, both wearing masks, fwiw) and then FINALLY had somebody come out and look at the car, determine what was wrong, and figure out a plan of action. In total, it took 4 phone calls, 1 rant, and 3 hours to get them to figure out my car was broken.  

I don't want Elon anywhere near this team.  You think the ticket office has issues now.  Once Elon gets a hold of it, you would never be able to talk to anybody, you'd have to do everything through an app, the app wouldn't work, and everything would be miserable.

That said, he does build a damn good car. 

2 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

After the dust settles in all of this, I’m just hoping for an epic @Bang cartoon episode. The mother of all.

Maybe, maybe.. but i doubt it. Just started a great new contract, and that eats a lot of time.

~Bang

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

I'm not sure how much an owner's personal wealth matters to the financial security of the league.

It matters a ton. We already know that ratings were down over the past couple of years. Having someone with Bezo's wealth in the club ensures the league does not fold in the event of lost TV revenue. Bezos could fund the entire league for decades if necessary. 

7 minutes ago, thelongestbreath said:

i didn't even expect a second tier coach to come here after Gruden, let alone someone like Ron.  I fully expected this team to go "full Zorn" again.

I didn't.  That's not Dan's patter.  

Norv (second rate) -> Schottenheimer (HOF level coach)

Spurrier (bottom of the barrel) -> Gibbs (HOF)

Zorn (competing with Spurrier for bottom of the barrel) -> Shanahan (2X SB winner)

Gruden (bad at best (though better than Spurrier and Zorn)) -> ??

The trend was to go with somebody with experience and pedigree.  Ron actually has less of a resume than Schotty, Gibbs and Shanahan did when they all came in.  But he was the right mold.

I was expecting either Ron or McCarthy, with Marvin Lewis as a backup.  If we hadn't gotten Ron, I think we would have gotten Lewis.