Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

26 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Well I haven’t been randomly attacked nor have I had to kill anyone in self defense so I think I’m doing pretty well over here.

yeah but you don’t get to go LARPing around on a message board about your Jason Bourne levels of awareness and ability to respond to threats. See how tough? See how manly? 

are you really even living if you haven’t been attacked and had to use deadly force? 

you sissy beta 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

@PleaseBlitz I recall telling you in another thread that “Karen” had lost all meaning.  And here I see you being called Karen.  lol

A certain subset of society has a tendency of re-purposing memefied terms to apply to people they disagree with politically.  I miss the days when Snowflake wasn't a politically charged term over-used by snowflakes as a term for anyone that disagrees with them.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

yeah but you don’t get to go LARPing around on a message board about your Jason Bourne levels of awareness and ability to respond to threats. See how tough? See how manly? 

are you really even living if you haven’t been attacked and had to use deadly force? 

you sissy beta 

Sheesh. I guess I need to quit the chai tea for some straight black coffee, no sissy k cup bs either.

I should probably just walk around bare chested with nothing but an AR strapped to my back. Maybe I can do that in a poor neighborhood with a sign that says “I have $250,00 cash in my back pocket” just so a motha****er would try me. Bless their souls if I have to “defend myself”.

Gotta be more alpha.

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Sheesh. I guess I need to quit the chai tea for some straight black coffee, no sissy k cup bs either.

I should probably just walk around bare chested with nothing but an AR strapped to my back. Maybe I can do that in a poor neighborhood with a sign that says “I have $250,00 cash in my back pocket” just so a motha****er would try me. Bless their souls if I have to “defend myself”.

Gotta be more alpha.

Bare chest only?  Gotta hang dong so the people you had no choice but to kill know just how big your dick is before you kill them in self-defense.  Plus it makes tea-bagging them afterwards a bit easier.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

Yes....he had a choice. He had lots of choices, everyone has lots of choices, thats what makes us who we are. I wasn't there and I dont now how other people make choices when confronted with this scenario. I do know that my choice would have been the same to protect me and mine. But thats just me.....

He chose to put himself in that position. All choices have consequences and the law basically said he didn’t.

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

A certain subset of society has a tendency of re-purposing memefied terms to apply to people they disagree with politically.  I miss the days when Snowflake wasn't a politically charged term over-used by snowflakes as a term for anyone that disagrees with them.

I remember when you called people nazis for acting like nazis. Now if you’re asked to wear a mask into a store to buy a TV you’re a nazi

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bh32 said:

Anyone Blaming Rittenhouse for using deadly force while being attacked are Idiots..I don't give a **** if he should not of been there,He has the right to protect himself from a mob of people trying to kill him..

lemme ask an honest question. Did anyone else get killed that night? I mean everyone was convinced this mob was bloodthirsty and determined to kill, yet the only person who actually fired a gun was KyLe. So I find it’s pretty neurotic to assume the mob was out to kill. 

15 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I read about this far and had a thought in the back of my brain go "Uh oh, what did I do and how long ago was it?"

Did you… kill Jews?

15 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Seriously, this little prick got exactly what he wanted. He went looking for trouble and found it. Then he got off free. 

He got even more. He basically because a hero to the right. Seriously, go on Twitter and you’ll see people thanking him for killing people who apparently deserved to be killed. They’ll sit there and talk about how the law did it’s job, yet applaud Kyle for what he did because, I guess, they don’t agree that the law did it’s job?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

He got even more. He basically because a hero to the right. Seriously, go on Twitter and you’ll see people thanking him for killing people who apparently deserved to be killed. They’ll sit there and talk about how the law did it’s job, yet applaud Kyle for what he did because, I guess, they don’t agree that the law did it’s job?

Yeah, I had to stop looking at comments. I took a break from reading comments on the internet this past week. It's actually been refreshing.

My wife keeps telling me that the internet is not representative of the majority. I'm not sure if that's true. But, it sure does feel like it is. 

11 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Did you… kill Jews?

You ain't got nothin' on me, copper!

4 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Yeah, I had to stop looking at comments. I took a break from reading comments on the internet this past week. It's actually been refreshing.

There really is something liberating about cutting something like that out of your life.

4 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

My wife keeps telling me that the internet is not representative of the majority. I'm not sure if that's true. But, it sure does feel like it is. 

Choose to live in the reality in which she's right.

• Like 3

In 1969 I was 17 and going to anti Vietnam War protests. I'm 70 now and since that time I've participated in lots of protests of many different subject matter. Gay and Lesbian, mostly Women's Reproductive Rights, anti-nuclear power, Occupy and so on. From the mid 90s I've owned a handgun. I've never brought my gun to any protest. My gun stays at home to protect me in my home. 

I come from a family of sportsmen and hunters for food. Their guns were home unless they were hunting. I contrast this with fishers who keep their poles at home except maybe those avid fishers who keep them in their car.

Personally, I don't think we need people walking around armed, openly or concealed, and especially not during protests or riots. We have police forces who are charged to keep the peace. Not armed citizens. Therein lies madness.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

In 1969 I was 17 and going to anti Vietnam War protests. I'm 70 now and since that time I've participated in lots of protests of many different subject matter. Gay and Lesbian, mostly Women's Reproductive Rights, anti-nuclear power, Occupy and so on. From the mid 90s I've owned a handgun. I've never brought my gun to any protest. My gun stays at home to protect me in my home. 

I come from a family of sportsmen and hunters for food. Their guns were home unless they were hunting. I contrast this with fishers who keep their poles at home except maybe those avid fishers who keep them in their car.

Personally, I don't think we need people walking around armed, openly or concealed, and especially not during protests or riots. We have police forces who are charged to keep the peace. Not armed citizens. Therein lies madness.

Guys were allowed to carry their buck knives on their belts in my HS.  There was the occasional fight.  A weapon was NEVER used...it was fists or nothing. 

I worked at one of those major retailers a few decades ago.  I remember a guy in a plaid shirt with the pearl snaps asking me if we sold gun racks for pickup trucks, and I also remember my response: "God, I hope not!" 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

No one talking about the Andrew Coffee verdict?

21 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Thats a good one as well. The law worked imo, sad she lost her life tho.

Why would we be talking about it in the civil unrest thread?  And what is “good” about it?

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/crime/indian-river-county/2021/11/19/andrew-coffee-iv-cleared-murder-charge-2017-alteria-woods-death/8651720002/

36 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Why would we be talking about it in the civil unrest thread?  And what is “good” about it?

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/crime/indian-river-county/2021/11/19/andrew-coffee-iv-cleared-murder-charge-2017-alteria-woods-death/8651720002/

Tailgate:  If Rittenhouse were black, he'd have been found guilty

Spiff:  Here's a case where a black man was found not guilty on murder charges when claiming self defense.

TTB:  real-housewives-pointing.gif

1 hour ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Thats a good one as well. The law worked imo, sad she lost her life tho.

Agreed, it is sad.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 1

I don't think though that Rittenhouse getting cleared of all charges means that right wingers will start doing this more and more.

I say this because this guy still got charged.

Somebody does this again, he will get charged. 

The next jury might not be so sympathetic.

So right wing fantasy isn't happening.

Edited by redskins59
  • Like 1