Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

29 minutes ago, RWJ said:

There's Tremble, who IMO has the best hands of all TEs.  He plucks the ball out of the air!  :)

Out of the three TEs, Tremble has emerged as my favorite because he has the highest upside. He is already the best blocker of the three and the best athlete. I feel he has the highest ceiling and seems to have the personality traits to get there. I know he is raw as a route runner and needs to prove he can be a TE1 level receiver but I just love the idea of putting him with Hoener. 

3 minutes ago, method man said:

Out of the three TEs, Tremble has emerged as my favorite because he has the highest upside. He is already the best blocker of the three and the best athlete. I feel he has the highest ceiling and seems to have the personality traits to get there. I know he is raw as a route runner and needs to prove he can be a TE1 level receiver but I just love the idea of putting him with Hoener. 

Is he really a better athlete than Brevin Jordan? Jordan is quick and explosive. 

Not sure if this has been discussed.  But some new Big Boards got released.

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-50-2021-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-3-0?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cfb

Christian Darrisaw is now at #36.  I'm going to guess the rumors of work ethic questions are scaring teams.

Bateman is now at #48.

Dane Brugler released his latest Big Board and he's got Bateman at #42.

For those that wanted Bateman at #19, you might get your wish with him at our 2nd rounder instead.  Also means trading back from #19 can still grab some of the guys ES absolutely loves.

I am not with Jeremiah with his weird man crush on Sam Darnold :ols: but I think I've fallen for his other dude Jamin Davis.  I watched Davis before and liked him but didn't love him.  So I'll add him to the 2nd player that I liked but not loved initially but watched again and fell much harder for the player.  The other player being Koramoah. 

I think I get it now with Davis.  And what did it for me was watching Cox and Davis back to back just now.

I don't dislike Jabril Cox but watching him -- there was something that bothered me about him that went beyond just he's not physical against the run.  I couldn't quite place what it was.  Then I rewatched Davis and it hit me like a ton of bricks.  Cox doesn't play like a dog.  Last year i liked LSU's Patrick Queen in part because of how ferocious he looked as a player -- he's a missile.  Cox like Queen is a sneaky good potentially as a pass rusher if he's used from time to time that way but otherwise he doesn't play with Queen's fire. 

Jamin Davis plays like a dog.  He hits hard.  He covers.  He seems to crave to be in the middle of the action.  You can see his enthusiasm on the field.  He's a tone setter.   He's a fun watch.  Like Cox, Davis needs to bulk up his upper body.   I want to know his speed before I go full blown man crush.  It seems like his wingspan-longs arms are well suited to the position. 

If you want to complete this defense I can see dudes like Chase Young and Davis feeding off of each others energy. 

I kept warning people about Bolton's athletic profile. There is zero juice in that guys game, his production consists of him being a high IQ player and able to find the ball-carrier through traffic at a high level. 

Not a guy you want in space at all at the next level. 

Someone mentioned earlier abut Khalil Herbert not being a returner. For what it’s worth he did return kickoffs primarily for VT this year while being the starting RB.

Also, Deablo is an interesting LB target. He says here teams have mentioned a position switch. From memory, he was a much better Rover/SS player than FS in coverage. And at his frame with 4.4-4.5 speed, absolutely fits the mold of what some teams are seeking at LB 

This looks a bit of a late clock start to me, but even with that, I have no doubt Farley is a 4.35 or better. Was always the fastest guy on the team 

On Darrisaw, I’ll have to defer to folks watching him specifically every game, but from watching VT games the last few years, that guy was unbelievably talented. 

I’ve seen him finish/bully quite a few defenders, I’m not sure I fully buy that critique  

11 minutes ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

Someone mentioned earlier abut Khalil Herbert not being a returner. For what it’s worth he did return kickoffs primarily for VT this year while being the starting RB.

Also, Deablo is an interesting LB target. He says here teams have mentioned a position switch. From memory, he was a much better Rover/SS player than FS in coverage. And at his frame with 4.4-4.5 speed, absolutely fits the mold of what some teams are seeking at LB 

I was the one who spoke of these VT guys. Thanks for the info on Herbert. Being a good RB,good blocker, good blitz pickup and a returner, he could be a nice day 3 guy.

I liked Deablo this year and adding weight with that height and speed makes him a possible 3rd day guy too.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

@RWJ here's the mock for you

SIP, he doesn't mention what we give up to move to #14 but that would be the spot to move if NE was interested to get Jones if the WFT wants him.  :)

38 minutes ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

More on Darrisaw 

Doesn’t finish???

pancake on Surratt

maybe it’s just a consistency thing because this dude is finishing lol

He's my pick at #19 if Jones is off the board or if the WFT doesn't want to draft him.

9 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Doug Williams loves him some guys from the boot (for good reason) so who knows he might end up here. There will be a ton of value on running backs in the later rounds too. 

Doubt it.  DW has no pull anymore.  He's Fredo in the Godfather anymore.  RR and Co. and final call by RR is who chooses the players.

1 hour ago, Berggy9598 said:

Doug Williams loves him some guys from the boot (for good reason) so who knows he might end up here. There will be a ton of value on running backs in the later rounds too. 

Doug got demoted twice.  I don't think he's even on the football side of the front office anymore.

Hypothetical.

If the team thinks Charles should compete at LT in training camp (instead of Guard), and could win the job.  Then OT isn't likely in Round 1.  Rather OL is likely in Round 2.  Dickerson, Meinerz, etc for developmental Guard depth.

Frees up #19 for a trade back for 2022 draft capital (QB's are pricey) or to take pure BPA (Horn, a linebacker, one of the 3 WR's, etc).

It's difficult to get what the team thinks of Charles rather than they're simply high on him.  He was the LT in training camp until his strained calf right?  Then he moved inside to Guard after Scherff got hurt and Wes Martin proved inadequate.  Or was he practicing at Guard during the season before that?

Do they think he's a Guard?  Do they think he's still a LT?  The coaches are all the same, and the head decision maker is the same (Rivera), but the front office has a trio of new talent evaluators.

11 hours ago, KDawg said:

I don't think most teams would. But SF would. They are the lone specimen in that group. He is the QB that they like in their system.

That's not to say they wouldn't like Lance or Fields, though. Which is where the monkey wrench comes in. I could see them taking Jones at 3, but I'd be surprised if they gave up that much to get him. 

That's the point I was trying to make as well. I think Jones is very much in play at #3. 

4 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Hypothetical.

If the team thinks Charles should compete at LT in training camp (instead of Guard), and could win the job.  Then OT isn't likely in Round 1.  Rather OL is likely in Round 2.  Dickerson, Meinerz, etc for developmental Guard depth.

Frees up #19 for a trade back for 2022 draft capital (QB's are pricey) or to take pure BPA (Horn, a linebacker, one of the 3 WR's, etc).

It's difficult to get what the team thinks of Charles rather than they're simply high on him.  He was the LT in training camp until his strained calf right?  Then he moved inside to Guard after Scherff got hurt and Wes Martin proved inadequate.  Or was he practicing at Guard during the season before that?

Do they think he's a Guard?  Do they think he's still a LT?  The coaches are all the same, and the head decision maker is the same (Rivera), but the front office has a trio of new talent evaluators.

Agree, I made a similar point in the FA thread a while back.

Although, only change now was the Keim nugget a couple of days back that said something along the lines that starting left tackle was still viewed as a need by the team.

I am not as high on Mac as Sims is.  But his point below is similar to the one I've made about him months ago which is his footwork including dodging pressure in the pocket is impressive -- that's the main reason for me why Mac >> Trask.

On another note, I've heard enough from Keim (including this morning) that they are targeting a specific QB on the 2nd day of the draft.  The kicker for me on this was Standig (who I think is the 2nd most plugged in reporter) shifting from they aren't going QB in the draft to they might and even gave a nugget of who he heard they might like:  Davis Mills.  

I think its safe to guess they like either Mills or Trask or both of them.

Keim added this morning, they aren't going to take a QB just to take one, they have a specific target in mine and will likely do it if they are there.  They (he and Sheehan discussed) which QB would they discard, they both guessed its more likely Kyle but also considered Heinicke in play to be discarded too depending on how training camp went.   So apparently its not QB or bust where they are going to take any flier and roll the dice.  Seems like they have a specific target or two. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think its safe to guess they like either Webb or Trask or both of them.

I’m sorry, but if their two targets are a the least physically gifted prospect in this draft and a god damn third stringer then our future is ****ed because their talent evaluation is scary bad. 

1 minute ago, JoggingGod said:

I’m sorry, but if their two targets are a the least physically gifted prospect in this draft and a god damn third stringer then our future is ****ed because their talent evaluation is scary bad. 

Meant to say Mills.  If you think they are dolts for liking them (if those indeed are the targets, which we don't know for sure) as roll of the dice fliers later in the draft, cool.  Who do you got, that you'd prefer to roll the dice on?

Archived