Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It’s who I’d take at 2 if I were the Jets and maybe even 1 if I were Jax. Though it’s hard to pass on Lawrence.

If I recall I am higher on Zach than you.  But I like Fields as much as you do.  To me Zach and Fields both have special traits.

But lol this morning I rewatched a Mills game, and a Trask game.  i watched Mac Jones' pro day.  then I watched Fields.  Watching all those dudes in a short span of time really brought home even more what a freak Justin Fields is and how different he is than the run of the mill college prospect.

Sheehan said he knows they really dig him.  Scott Turner is there.    Turner doesn't go to every pro day. 

I've read some buzz that SF will take Lance.  I'd love it if it were Mac but i doubt they do that.  There might be a chance Fields drops to 4 and if Atlanta is willing to trade would you do it?  It would be a steep price. 

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Some misdirection there, too.

I read somewhere they arranged a private workout with Lance and Fields. 

I really like Fields but the price to get from 19 to 4 would be super high. Cost the Niners two future 1sts and a future 3rd to move from 12 to 3. If we use that as a baseline then we'd probably have to give up two future 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd most likely. That's a tough trade to stomach.

That said, Fields and Wilson are the two guys I'd be ok with moving up for (I'm not including Lawrence since he's a lock for #1 overall). Not really into giving up a ton for Lance. Just too raw and too many question marks for the price IMO.

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I really like Fields but the price to get from 19 to 4 would be super high. Cost the Niners two future 1sts and a future 3rd to move from 12 to 3. If we use that as a baseline then we'd probably have to give up two future 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd most likely. That's a tough trade to stomach.

That said, Fields and Wilson are the two guys I'd be ok with moving up for (I'm not including Lawrence since he's a lock for #1 overall). Not really into giving up a ton for Lance. Just too raw and too many question marks for the price IMO.

I don't love giving up the farm in general but for Fields maybe.   I'd think there is a good chance SF takes Fields.  Everyone seems to be saying the Jets take Wilson.  

off topic but interesting

I guess 2 different set of numbers on Werner?

Remember that Rivera said himself that while they were looking for a QB upgrade, they didn't want to "mortgage the future" for one. I guess then it would depend on how they define mortgaging the future. I'd think two future 1sts + would likely count. But if you end up with an elite NFL QB out of it, you won't miss those picks a few years down the road. 

If you get it wrong, it will sting for a long time.

14 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I agree with this.  I'm really high on Wilson and Fields as well but no way would I want to pay that price.  Lance is a huge gamble, he has the highest bust possibility for sure.  Mac Jones? No way.  

8 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

There is just no way the Niners are taking Mac Jones over *that*.  

Not sure if they are in love with Fields or Lance, but its one of them. The chatter is a smokescreen.

What smoke screen is there to do? They are locked into the third pick.

16 minutes ago, KDawg said:

There’s my dude Werner werkin. See? I went cool hipster lingo to get that one across.

In what round do you think he’s going to get drafted?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/30/david-johnson-thinks-texans-rb-committee-great-for-17-game-season/

Dude has a point. I think we need another productive back. 

Rapoport just now saying he'd be surprised if Mac doesn't go top 5.  Listening to two different segments from him, he comes off like he'd be surprised if Mac is the pick at #3.  But Kyle is telling people he's considering 5 different players at that pick.  So I guess Kyle wants some mystery. 

39 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It’s who I’d take at 2 if I were the Jets and maybe even 1 if I were Jax. Though it’s hard to pass on Lawrence.

I was just thinking the same thing as I read through this thread. Meyer has to be thinking about Fields. Jets and Jax to flip picks anyone? Lawrence to NY, Jax get Fields at #2 and extra draft picks, 49ers land Wilson at #3.

Unlikely but who knows.

13 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Remember that Rivera said himself that while they were looking for a QB upgrade, they didn't want to "mortgage the future" for one. I guess then it would depend on how they define mortgaging the future. I'd think two future 1sts + would likely count. But if you end up with an elite NFL QB out of it, you won't miss those picks a few years down the road. 

If you get it wrong, it will sting for a long time.

Yeah that's the dilemma clearly.  You trade up that much and get it wrong you are screwed.  

9 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Justin Fields was always going to have a great pro-day, he's the type of guy that excels in backyard football like this and tossing beautiful footballs with no defense in sight.

And with defenses in sight.

It seems silly to me people get excited watching a QB throw to a wide open WR with no defense on the field.

What are the teams actually getting from that? I would be focusing on interviews and asking tough questions, something to test the mental aptitude of the player, you have enough film at this point and the downfall of most QB's taken in the first round seems to be mental (because they usually have the physical skills) but still so much focus on the measurables.

9 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Justin Fields was always going to have a great pro-day, he's the type of guy that excels in backyard football like this and tossing beautiful footballs with no defense in sight.

He’s also the type of guy that excels in shredding Clemson while nursing a chest injury after a brutal hit. 

7 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

It seems silly to me people get excited watching a QB throw to a wide open WR with no defense on the field.

What are the teams actually getting from that? I would be focusing on interviews and asking tough questions, something to test the mental aptitude of the player, you have enough film at this point and the downfall of most QB's taken in the first round seems to be mental (because they usually have the physical skills) but still so much focus on the measurables.

It shouldn't help anyone's draft stock, but I think it should definitely hurt you. If Mac Jones can't look good in shorts with no defense, I don't see how people can expect him to look good in 7 on 7s and then game days. 

Zach Wilson and Justin Fields looking good on their pro-days is a no-brainer, people shouldn't be surprised about this. It's when they look bad like Haskins did, is when it's a red flag. 

48 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Some misdirection there, too.

What would be the point?

7 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Not true at all. Remember when Curt Hennig flew up draft charts after this?

Archived