Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR Liberty

zCommander

2 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

True, but at least I think he's got better potential than last year's late round pick, Kelvin Harmon.

It doesn't project as an immediate upgrade, but has the potential of being an upgrade down the road, and at least improves depth.

I really like Harmon and AGG is almost certainly going to be competing with Harmon for the starting X role. I thought Harmon played well and got better once he hit the field last season - he runs good routes and is physical. The thing about Harmon as a rookie was he didn’t do that much after the catch and he disappeared in the red zone (zero TDs). Now I’d expect him to get better with the experience last year and be better again coming into his second year.

But from the little I have seen and read about AGG he seems to be better with the ball in hand than Harmon and be a guy who should be a huge threat in the red zone.

i wouldn’t count Harmon out - it’s his job right now. But AGG should push him for snaps at a minimum and could easily win the job at some point during the year.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

Yeah, not worried. Larry Fitz ran a 4.6 IIRC.

Turns out that isnt really true.  He didnt run at the combine and he ran a 4.5 st his pro day.

Even if he did, Fitz also had the kind of exceptional all-around game that had him going 3rd overall.  

https://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=325810

• Like 1

@KDawg

You down with AGG (Yeah you know me) 

Who's down with AGG (Every last homie)

Who's down with AGG (All the homies)

public-domain-microphone-hand-mic-drop-p

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

So I heard that a couple of teams asked Gandy pre-draft if he would be open to a switch to TE and the reports were that he was, it wasn't disclosed who the teams were.  I've also read Gandy talk about how he loves to block and he spent a lot of time blocking in high school.

Last night B Mitch talked about the kid putting on 20 lbs and playing TE for us, is this a possibility?

21 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

So I heard that a couple of teams asked Gandy pre-draft if he would be open to a switch to TE and the reports were that he was, it wasn't disclosed who the teams were.  I've also read Gandy talk about how he loves to block and he spent a lot of time blocking in high school.

Last night B Mitch talked about the kid putting on 20 lbs and playing TE for us, is this a possibility?

Moss is already a blocking TE. Was projected to go in the 3rd-4th round. His foot heals back to normal he should fill in that spot nicely. 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I don't know....if Gandy Man goes to the practice squad I think we'd lose him to another team. 

With a full off season I think he makes the 53. But without the off season what would other teams have on film to convince their staff to change anything they've done in the draft? I actually think he'll make the 53 with Cam and/or Quinn getting the axe. This staff looked at film from last year and maybe the past couple years and decided to go WR.

40 minutes ago, zskins said:

Moss is already a blocking TE. Was projected to go in the 3rd-4th round. His foot heals back to normal he should fill in that spot nicely. 

He missed 2018 with injuries and now he's mending from another injury, if he wasn't Randy's kid I don't think people would be as excited about him.

Forgive me if I'm tired of relying on injured TE's to help this team but I do hope it works out.

23 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

I actually think he'll make the 53 with Cam and/or Quinn getting the axe.

I can definitely see Quinn being gone, he's not durable and he doesn't like contact.  I don't think he fits what Ron wants to see in a football player.

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Like 3

On 4/25/2020 at 7:24 PM, Redskin4ever said:

Reading this thread, we should probably keep a list of names he's already being compared to.  

Jerry Rice

Calvin Johnson

Julio Jones

Hines Ward

Alshon Jeffery

Niles Paul

Josh Doctson

Robert Davis

Cam Sims

Did I miss any?

Fitz

1 hour ago, joeken24 said:

With a full off season I think he makes the 53. But without the off season what would other teams have on film to convince their staff to change anything they've done in the draft? I actually think he'll make the 53 with Cam and/or Quinn getting the axe. This staff looked at film from last year and maybe the past couple years and decided to go WR.

I'm gonna double down and predict that the Gandy man is the Terrry Mac of 2020. I've seen enough to be able to say that this kid is gonna be the real deal. Just the way he can go up and snatch the ball no matter if he's open or not shows me that he has a special quality about him. I think he's gonna have every chance to succeed under RR and company.

Edited by kingdaddy
spelling

7 hours ago, TK said:

@KDawg

Who's down with AGG (Every last homie)

Who's down with AGG (All the homies)

public-domain-microphone-hand-mic-drop-p

Every last hom-ie!!!

On 4/25/2020 at 9:30 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Ron told him not to run his fastest. Same strategy some of the local youth league coaches used to use when we held our predraft evaluations.

Sad but true. And they're usually league  board members.

5 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm gonna double down and predict that the Gandy man is the Terrry Mac of 2020. I've seen enough to be able to say that this kid is gonna be the real deal. Just the way he can go up and snatch the ball no matter if he's open or not shows me that he has a special quality about him. I think he's gonna have every chance to succeed under RR and company.

Yea, I'm reminded of the same narrative Doctson got from the youtube highlights he displayed. There is a reason why Gandy was available in the late rounds. I'd be more optimistic if he got picked late due to disciplinary concern or injury. We'll see because he's going up against the pros now.....not Navy.

2019 Game by game stats

Edited by joeken24
add

18 hours ago, joeken24 said:

It's 0.4 seconds behind the fastest player ever to run the 40 in NFL history. Watch his film. As a matter of fact, watch Larry Fitzgerald's film.

There's a reason they time all these guys and sorry 4.6 is slow for a WR.  Look I'm not saying he can't make it, just saying he ain't no Larry Fitzgerald.  

13 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Hmmmm...

Very intriguing, indeed.