Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update - 3/11/21 - America Rescue Plan Bill is signed!

goskins10

As opposed to a GOP Senate that was offering $0 additional dollars in money and had to be dragged into the $600 that went out in December.  And they get praised because 10 moderate Senators are offering a $600B package.  

American voters have short political memories. 

It's not possible to move the COVID bill without holding off on the impeachment trial.  Peoplr already forgot or don't care that Trump and the GOP stormed the Capitol resulting in 5 deaths.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Yeah, maybe the Dems just say: If you voted against this, we will remove an equal portion from the budget for each negative vote & your district gets $0.00 from this bill. We thereby reduce the $1.9T to $931B. Thanks, have a nice day. 

Genius!!!  These fools need to start feeling the pain of their vote. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Yeah, maybe the Dems just say: If you voted against this, we will remove an equal portion from the budget for each negative vote & your district gets $0.00 from this bill. We thereby reduce the $1.9T to $931B. Thanks, have a nice day. 

Now you’re also punishing Dems in those states. But they should definitely be more calculated.

15 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Now you’re also punishing Dems in those states. But they should definitely be more calculated.

Then the Dems in those states need to mobilize & work to win like we did in GA. 

Make sure your elected officials are yours. Granted, I couldn't have phone banked if I would have been working. And even though I'm literally burning through more of my savings than I'd like, I'm blessed to have it at all...so volunteering for a Senate win will go down in history as my best 2 months of quarantine. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I just heard that Dems are now talking about lowering the number of people who will receive checks because they want the GOP to be on board for the next relief? Please tell me this isn't true...please tell me I didn't help put these losers in office...

Complete unforced error if they proceed with this. For one, they don’t have to. They can pass this as it is now. 

Also, people that did well in 2019 could have had an awful 2020. This is a terrible way to handle this and sends a piss poor message to the millions of people that voted them into office, promising help. 

If this is supposed to be a continuation of the last stimulus, hence $1,400 instead of a new $2,000, why change the eligibility down from the $600?

none of this makes sense. Dems are so bad at politics every time they are given power they crawl into the fetal position hoping republicans will like them and get ****ed over. 

Enjoy the next 23 months. After that it’s a wrap. 

• Like 2

Romney: Disingenuous to criticize Democrats after big spending under Trump

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) said it is disingenuous for Republicans to criticize Democrats for plans to spend trillions of dollars after the GOP remained largely quiet about its deficit concerns under former President Trump.

“When we had a Republican president and House and Senate, we kept on spending massively and adding almost a trillion dollars a year to the national debt. Now we say this is outrageous adding so much to the debt? They say we did the same thing when we were in charge. It does show that you have to be consistent in your arguments,” Romney said on the “Utah Politics” podcast.

The remarks come as the GOP raises alarm over a $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package being pushed by President Biden. Many Republicans, including Romney, say that price tag is too high, noting that Congress allocated $900 billion to tackle the pandemic late last year.

Democrats have claimed, however, that those worries fly in the face of a wave of spending during Trump’s administration, including in 2017 and 2018, when Republicans controlled the White House and both chambers of Congress. 

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Complete unforced error if they proceed with this. For one, they don’t have to. They can pass this as it is now. 

Also, people that did well in 2019 could have had an awful 2020. This is a terrible way to handle this and sends a piss poor message to the millions of people that voted them into office, promising help. 

If this is supposed to be a continuation of the last stimulus, hence $1,400 instead of a new $2,000, why change the eligibility down from the $600?

none of this makes sense. Dems are so bad at politics every time they are given power they crawl into the fetal position hoping republicans will like them and get ****ed over. 

Enjoy the next 23 months. After that it’s a wrap. 

The Dems really only have to satisfy one person; the one person who can ruin things from them.

Joe Manchin, King of the Senate

19 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I just heard that Dems are now talking about lowering the number of people who will receive checks because they want the GOP to be on board for the next relief? Please tell me this isn't true...please tell me I didn't help put these losers in office...

If they follow Biden's proposal (more or less) it wouldn't necessarily lower the number of people. 

The proposal also removes the age limit on dependents.

https://www.cnet.com/personal-finance/next-stimulus-check-could-still-be-targeted-even-at-1400-per-person-3-ways-it-could-happen/

• Like 1

Any proposal that consists of anything short of $1400/pp and/or lowering who qualifies for it is going to be seen, and rightly so - as an outright lie by the dems.  Anything else in the bill, I can see as up for negotiation.  But there is zero wiggle room on what they promised and what they have to deliver.  No amount of 'its the GOP's fault' excuses will suffice.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

For real.

I remember as a young bachelor, first time homeowner, making about $40k/yr being extra salty at co-workers vacations they were taking due to their tax refunds, because they have a bunch of kids. 

Is it really a vacation though if they have to take their kids?

26 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

For real.

I remember as a young bachelor, first time homeowner, making about $40k/yr being extra salty at co-workers vacations they were taking due to their tax refunds, because they have a bunch of kids. 

Considering how much it costs to raise a child, the tax deduction for having a child doesn't cover all of that plus give you enough to pay for a vacation.  It's definitely cheaper not to have kids.  It's about budgeting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Any proposal that consists of anything short of $1400/pp and/or lowering who qualifies for it is going to be seen, and rightly so - as an outright lie by the dems.  Anything else in the bill, I can see as up for negotiation.  But there is zero wiggle room on what they promised and what they have to deliver.  No amount of 'its the GOP's fault' excuses will suffice.

still think they should just make it $2,000 checks and take an easy win. It’s been months since the $600. 

• Like 1