Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update - 3/11/21 - America Rescue Plan Bill is signed!

goskins10

16 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

This is the last I will say about the $1400 vs $2000 - I saw and heard everything you did. They were always talking a total of $2000. It was not AFTER the election they changed. I am no Dem uber fan. But we have to be reasonable in our expectations. I get the urgency for funds. So I hope they can get something done soon. But they have to at least try to do things right. Not to mention there will be a question of how much can they actually do. So we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I respect your opinion and I do hope you get the assistance you need sooner rather than later. I spent much more of my life worrying about where I was going to eat than not (I lived in the back of an abandoned car for almost a year. Then was bouncing from home to home of friends and being on the streets at times.) Not saying that's where you are but I am saying I do know what it's like to struggle financially. It's one of the worst feelings, especially in this society. I am rooting for you to get what you need as soon as possible and for this stupid pandemic to be in our rear view. I am sure you would much prefer working enough to get paid than relying on our very dysfunctional government. 

Thanks, I hope everyone gets what they need too. People are pissed and disillusioned already, hopefully it works out. However, this seems to be the sentiment of some of the Georgia voters. They need to deliver something worthwhile sooner rather than later.

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Thanks, I hope everyone gets what they need too. People are pissed and disillusioned already, hopefully it works out. However, this seems to be the sentiment of some of the Georgia voters. They need to deliver something worthwhile sooner rather than later.

I live in GA so I am aware. Just becasue some people feel that way, or even a lot of people, does not make it true. Not in the least. And I would never use GA voters as an example. Will leave it at that. And while I like Kyle OK he is mostly a whiny **** much of the time. I stopped watching him since he is a serious Bernie supporter to the point of being ridiculous. Anyone else is ****. I still disagree with entire premise. 

• Like 1

Well, where do I start about that video?  Humph...

To the person who said they knocked on a thousand doors here in GA for our D Senate candidates and promised $2000 checks is a ****ing moron to have promised ANYTHING that they themselves COULD NOT DELIVER.  Just stupid.  (Said he feels like ****...he should.)

Never once did I make any mention of money in my texts on the phone bank team.  It was about healthcare, getting the pandemic under control, education, clean air/water, etc...true progressive policy positions...never money. 

And on the other side of it, no one who knocked on my door promised me anything or discussed stimulus...it was all about policy and getting the leaders we want for the future of the state. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

I live in GA so I am aware. Just becasue some people feel that way, or even a lot of people, does not make it true. Not in the least. And I would never use GA voters as an example. Will leave it at that. And while I like Kyle OK he is mostly a whiny **** much of the time. I stopped watching him since he is a serious Bernie supporter to the point of being ridiculous. Anyone else is ****. I still disagree with entire premise. 

I'm more of a Pakman fan myself. I've looked and looked and can't find a definitive answer on what Biden promised and when. I can only go with what I and the people I've talked about it at the time remember hearing.

On a different note, I don't ever want to hear anyone (always a Republican) say being president is easy and anyone can do the job. The trainwreck Trump left behind is a colossal mess and that is just what we can see right now. I can't wait to see what other leftover Trump turds come stinking down the assembly line in the future. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I'm more of a Pakman fan myself. I've looked and looked and can't find a definitive answer on what Biden promised and when. I can only go with what I and the people I've talked about it at the time remember hearing.

Fair enough. I like Pakman and I also like Brian Tyler Cohen. Both are more cerebral and less driven by narrative, although both clearly progressive. 

15 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

On a different note, I don't ever want to hear anyone (always a Republican) say being president is easy and anyone can do the job. The trainwreck Trump left behind is a colossal mess and that is just what we can see right now. I can't wait to see what other leftover Trump turds come stinking down the assembly line in the future. 

Totally agree here. It's amazing the level of hypocrisy they support and then act like they have done nothing wrong. 

17 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

And yet they will

They are right now simultaneously dismissing the Capitol attack AND promoting their support of it to the morlocks. That's some quality tapdancing right there.

• Like 2

Fair enough. I like Pakman and I also like Brian Tyler Cohen. Both are more cerebral and less driven by narrative, although both clearly progressive. 

Totally agree here. It's amazing the level of hypocrisy they support and then act like they have done nothing wrong. 

I also watch TYT, but that is...way too left. I can't recommend them to anyone other than other progressives, same with Sam Seder.

16 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

And yet they will

They are right now simultaneously dismissing the Capitol attack AND promoting their support of it to the morlocks. That's some quality tapdancing right there.

Hopefully, they can tapdance their way off a cliff. Maybe a bit of suffering is what we all need to pull the wool from over our eyes.

4 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I also watch TYT, but that is...way too left. I can't recommend them to anyone other than other progressives, same with Sam Seder.

Agree on TYT although i find them mostly way too Bernie for me. I mean I don't dislike Bernie. I like many of his ideas but his supporters are quite honestly many times as ardent and unreasonable as trump supporters. It just gets to be too much. Also agree on Sam Seder but he is at least funny. I like Jesse Dollemore for the same reason. He is hilarious. Andi  find him a bit less radical as the other we mentioned. I also very much like Beau of the Fifth Element. 

I will get back to policy now 🙂   It does look like the Biden is moving swiftly with Covid vaccines. I hope he then turns his attention to stimulus. 

Agree on TYT although i find them mostly way too Bernie for me. I mean I don't dislike Bernie. I like many of his ideas but his supporters are quite honestly many times as ardent and unreasonable as trump supporters. It just gets to be too much. Also agree on Sam Seder but he is at least funny. I like Jesse Dollemore for the same reason. He is hilarious. Andi  find him a bit less radical as the other we mentioned. I also very much like Beau of the Fifth Element. 

I will get back to policy now 🙂   It does look like the Biden is moving swiftly with Covid vaccines. I hope he then turns his attention to stimulus. 

I don't want to give the impression that I'm unhappy with Biden, I voted for him knowing(...well, having a decent idea) about his agenda. He'll do a great job dealing with Covid, I have no qualms about that, I wish he would lean a little harder to the left, but I'll take what I can get for now. Covid shouldn't have been a political issue, Trump could've handled this accordingly if he wanted to do so.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Is this a new development or are you referring to the discussions to possibly lower the income threshold for who qualifies (and/or before the amount you get reduces?) 

Rich people have more bills to pay, just sayin...

Alright I’m gonna go be quiet now.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

As someone who will likely not see any additional stimulus money (and that's ok) let me point out that setting a cutoff based on income levels can be problematic when factoring in geography.

A family making sub 100k in the SF Bay area is likely struggling and/or is solid low middle class. That same family living in the middle of bum**** red Kentucky is ballin. 

• Like 7

I still haven't received the $600 stimulus. I check the IRS website and my bank every day. Maybe it's because I sent in my tax return in July per the 90 day extra time because I had to pay some tax. 

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I still haven't received the $600 stimulus. I check the IRS website and my bank every day. Maybe it's because I sent in my tax return in July per the 90 day extra time because I had to pay some tax. 

Yeah, that's exactly what is.

The earlier you did your taxes the faster you got your stimulus.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Yeah, that's exactly what is.

The earlier you did your taxes the faster you got your stimulus.

Thanks, that makes me feel better. I could really use the money. It's hell being old and poor. I got a whole $21/mo increase in my SS check this year. My rent increased $25/mo.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Thanks, that makes me feel better. I could really use the money. It's hell being old and poor.

You're extremely rich when it comes to character.  That's far more important in the grand scheme of things.  ❤️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

We just got ours yesterday via snail mail.  And we paid our taxes in March.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

We just got ours yesterday via snail mail.  And we paid our taxes in March.

Thanks for posting this Mr. Buzz! It gives me some hope! I want to build up some savings in case of car repairs or Dancer vet bills. Thankfully my car recently passed the yearly inspection and Dancer is healthy!

• Like 2

To expand on my point about the income level cutoffs for the stimulus, this is the Dec 2020 median home prices according to the California Association of Realtors for the 9 Bay Area counties.

Alameda: $1.06 million

Contra Costa: $763,000

Marin: $1.46 million

Napa: $842,000

San Francisco: $1.58 million

San Mateo: $1.7 million

Santa Clara: $1.375 million

Solano: $510,000

Sonoma: $720,000

• goskins10 changed the title to Update - 3/11/21 - America Rescue Plan Bill is signed!