Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tua Tagovailoa doesn't understand Rule 8 & needs to fix this

wtfskins

1 hour ago, kwitt said:

You can NOT ever ever have too many pass rushers.  Never.

We don't even have that many. Kerrigan is on the decline and Sweat is very raw.

Ion, Payne, and Allen are good players. None of them are game changers. You don't pass up a Rolls Royce because have a Toyota.

Its a good thing youtube is around. Reason is, we can go back years and listen to the media talking about Rosen, Baker, Marcus & Ole Johnny Manziel just to name a few. They don't bust per se. But they definitely don't live up to all the incredible accolades reporters gave them coming into the draft. Pro days, snow days! You take a QB, let him show his stuff at his comfy little university with WRs he's used to playing with and bam! I mean you can't **** that up, right? So all the talk about the greatest QB prospect in a while is exactly what it is....talk. Haskins has gone through the **** and came out relative ok. With just a few college games under his belt btw. This is a easy analysis if you can cut through the dog **** in high grass. 

I remember not too long ago many Redskin fans wanting RGIII no matter what. Look how that turned out. Why do I feel the same if we get Tua?

Just get Young or trade down for 3 1st and a 2nd or more if another team is interested.

5 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

I remember not too long ago many Redskin fans wanting RGIII no matter what. Look how that turned out. Why do I feel the same if we get Tua?

Just get Young or trade down for 3 1st and a 2nd or more if another team is interested.

I can't remember. Did RG3 have the injury history knock on him prior to the draft? 

1 hour ago, duffy said:

I can't remember. Did RG3 have the injury history knock on him prior to the draft? 

Not so much his rookie injury, but more of him being touted as a dual threat and ending up a QB who could not read defenses.

Tua's injury history should not be any more of an issue than Haskins who is an injury waiting to happen. Already been dinged up and didn't finish last year. If the team doesn't get a handle on their QB situation they could have Richard Dent, Lawrence Taylor and Michael Strahan on the same unit and it won't help the W-L record.

29 minutes ago, Smurf3 said:

Tua's injury history should not be any more of an issue than Haskins who is an injury waiting to happen. Already been dinged up and didn't finish last year. If the team doesn't get a handle on their QB situation they could have Richard Dent, Lawrence Taylor and Michael Strahan on the same unit and it won't help the W-L record.

fractured/dislocated hip much more concerning to me than haskins sprained ankle which they shut him down at the end of the year. 

25 minutes ago, Smurf3 said:

You're comparing a sprained ankle and a stint on the i.r. at the end of a lost season with 2 seperate ankle surgeries and major hip surgery all before even making it to the pros?

That's a bit of a stretch. 

Then you use three players who won multiple super bowls without elite quarterbacks as an example of how we can't improve on 3-13 unless we change quarterbacks.

Can't say as I agree with your analysis of our situation. 

3 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Just read ESPN guy saying Snyder is already interfering.  Snyder is opposed to signing Tua because he is convinced Haskins should be the quarterback.

Can you share the link? 

12 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Just read ESPN guy saying Snyder is already interfering.  Snyder is opposed to signing Tua because he is convinced Haskins should be the quarterback.

Let's say, for instance, the quote is correct...

That doesn't mean he's interfering. It means his opinion is that Haskins should be the QB. It doesn't mean he's telling Ron he HAS to be the QB.

And that's already taking a giant leap in the land of possibly fictional. I'll wait to see what happens before I worry about Snyder.

1 hour ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Just when I thought I could stop cheering for us to lose 100-0, you post this.  

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Let's say, for instance, the quote is correct...

That doesn't mean he's interfering. It means his opinion is that Haskins should be the QB. It doesn't mean he's telling Ron he HAS to be the QB.

And that's already taking a giant leap in the land of possibly fictional. I'll wait to see what happens before I worry about Snyder.

I worry about Snyder. Like Bob in What About Bob worried.

3 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

I worry about Snyder. Like Bob in What About Bob worried.

I don't. Why? Certainly not based on track record. I don't worry about him because, well, hope. Without hope, we have nothing in Redskin land. So I will hold on to it.

But you know the saying... fill one hand with hope and the other with... well, anything, and see which fills up faster.

But still.

Hope.

2 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Link please :) 

3 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I don't think I believe this. Why? When was the last time Snyder spoke to the media? Who's the source? Rivera doesn't seem to be the kind of coach to surround himself with loose lipped low discipline guys. Just smells of speculation and click bait to me.

On 3/4/2020 at 7:21 AM, redskinss said:

You're comparing a sprained ankle and a stint on the i.r. at the end of a lost season with 2 seperate ankle surgeries and major hip surgery all before even making it to the pros?

That's a bit of a stretch.

The hip thing is a concern, but his ankle injuries cost him a total of 2 games combined if I recall correctly. They were not debilitating injuries.

On 3/4/2020 at 10:52 AM, TK said:

Link please :) 

https://www.si.com/nfl/redskins/news/here-we-go-again-todd-mcshay-says-dan-snyders-still-interfering

Article is by Chris Russel, so take it with a grain of salt large enough to have it's own gravitational field to the point that if it collapsed it would create a singularity and begin sucking in all of the other grains of salt in the area, creating an even larger singularity and I've had too much coffee.

5 hours ago, Smurf3 said:

If the team doesn't get a handle on their QB situation they could have Richard Dent, Lawrence Taylor and Michael Strahan on the same unit and it won't help the W-L record.

2 of those guys are probably in wheelchairs and the youngest is on morning TV.

I seriously doubt they'd be all that much help.

17 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I saw it directly from Todd McShay this morning when I googled Redskins. It was on the Google page with ESPN logo.  It said it had been posted 15 hours ago.

Cannot find the link.

I find it more funny that people are actually questioning the idea that Doofus Dan would interfere in any way.

5 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

If true (which I doubt that he's interfering) it doesn't matter anyways to me because I agree with him. Except I'm not sure Haskins will end up our franchise QB in the end.

4 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

If true (which I doubt that he's interfering) it doesn't matter anyways to me because I agree with him. Except I'm not sure Haskins will end up our franchise QB in the end.

This is where I'm at. Jury is obviously still out on Haskins. I hope he can develop into franchise guy. I would like to see him get an honest chance to do so. As for Tua, a hip injury scares the hell out of me for a guy who will undoubtedly take hits throughout his career. I think he's talented, but to spend such a high draft pick on him (and pass on a potentially generational Talent) a year after we drafted another 1st round QB, it just seems like a bad move. 

Archived