Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 ES GM's Mock Draft....done...

COWBOY-KILLA-

With the 180th pick in the ES draft the Cincinnati Bengals select;

Justin Strnad, LB Wake Forest

He's built like a tall, puffed-up safety, but he also runs like one with the range to find play after play when he's kept clean. Strnad could have issues against downhill running attacks due to a lack of size and hand usage. He's an explosive athlete and aggressive striker, but big backs could wear him down on the pro level. He has the twitch and burst to roam from sideline to sideline and should play faster and more efficiently as his recognition improves. He's an ascending playmaker whose athleticism, third-down talent and special-teams ability could make him a middle-round selection as a 4-3 WILL or 3-4 ILB if his medicals check out.

64C51CC8-7111-4283-B349-3AF3972243D1.jpeg

With the 181st pick in the 2020 ES Mock Draft, the Denver Broncos select Charlie Heck, OT, UNC.

Finally, the Broncos draft a tackle.  Arguably their biggest need going into the draft, the Broncos have gone BPA almost exclusively, but like the value of getting Heck at this point.  He is a big dude at 6'8" 311 lbs, and should succeed in the run game, while working to improve at pass pro.  He can be a swing tackle early for the Broncos, but hopefully will also push Garrett Bolles, the Broncos 2017 1st rounder, at LT.  Bolles has largely been a disappointment, but his play improved at the end of 2019, so the Broncos aren't ready to give up on him yet.  

For those playing at home we are now finished thru 5th and what is traditionally the longest round to finish!  Well done all!!  Still on a record pace! 

Lets take this home guys!  If we average 20 picks a day we can be done by Thursday!  

With the 182nd pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select,

Cheyenne O'Grady, TE Arkansas

6'4" 248lbs

maxresdefault.jpg

Look, people make mistakes. People mature at their own pace. Also... have you ever been to Arkansas? The most boring drive through in the country. Sure, C.J. might possibly have had some issues with the coaching staff that lead to his dismissal. A coaching staff lead by Chad Morris who was FIRED after two absolutely terrible years in the SEC. We think the world of Pete Carroll. Did I mention how much I adore him? He's a God among men. And a charmer! I want to keep my job. Oh. Where was I?

O'Grady came out and apologized. His body was broken and Chad's woeful coaching were draining the fire out of the man. You cant contain this guy. He needs a positive motivator. Carroll is that man. ( Also... Rivera would be another great coach for him....) O'Grady is the kind of machine that puts his body on the line like Gronk and Kittle, and that will take a toll. But give him a good motivator and watch him work.

If not for Chad Morris, C.J. is a day 2/3 pick in this draft. How he fell to the 6th round is questionable at best. The man has talent. You want a big with soft hands, and the power to carry defenders? This is your man.

That man carried the entire team...

EHmjwFzX4AA7lnD.jpg

You want a TE that can run just about any route, has a strong release, contort his body into any position for a catch, phenomenal hands, can play both the Y and the H position, and has a willingness to block inline? C.J. is your guy. We are sending Will Dissly back to the glue factory. The keg has been tapped, and Pete has just finished his first box wine. We are done here. Its time to wrap this up.

17 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Glad you made it back!  Hope everything is OK - no major medical issues or anything. 

Not so far. The KC metro area has been relatively unaffected so far, and save for a few areas downtown it pretty much always looks like it's under quarantine. 

16 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

With the 182nd pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select,

Cheyenne O'Grady, TE Arkansas

6'4" 248lbs

One of the guys I touted on the draft thread months back.  But his character concerns coupled with his dubious explanation at the combine as to why he was kicked off the team -- and his relatively poor combine -- had me stop talking about him.

But as to just watching him play, he was one of my favorite 2nd tier type TE's.   PFF thinks highly of him.  This late in the draft, he's a good risk IMO.

28 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

One of the guys I touted on the draft thread months back.  But his character concerns coupled with his dubious explanation at the combine as to why he was kicked off the team -- and his relatively poor combine -- had me stop talking about him.

But as to just watching him play, he was one of my favorite 2nd tier type TE's.   PFF thinks highly of him.  This late in the draft, he's a good risk IMO.

I heard the explanation. It could have been one of two things. Either a personal (substance) issue. Or a strong disagreement with the coaching staff (also possible). IMO he has the skills to succeed in the NFL. But hes immature, and he will need a leader of men to bring him along. I think Rivera would be a good candidate, as well as a few other guys. Jay Gruden would have been a horrible coach for him.

Archived