Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Roster Thread (Updated: 4/28/20)

KDawg

9 minutes ago, jamellm78 said:

So it looks like the plan is to add depth this year. Maybe next year comes the big signings. 

Depth and competition, yeah.  Obviously important to have solid depth - particularly given our injury issues of the past - but the competition to push everyone is big.  

My only real concern is LT at this point.  I’m glad Penn is open to returning... though I can’t decide if it’s better to sign him now or wait a bit and see if Williams can be moved.  

Fairly solid starting competition at IOL, corner, LB and FS, plus a 3rd down back to replace Thompson and some competition at TE... I’m actually ok with how things have gone so far.  

Exit;  I forgot Orchard.  Kinda liked him last year and he was a feel good story with, IMO, some untapped talent.  Good insurance/depth for Kerrigan/Anderson-/Brailford.

Do you guys think Thomas Davis starts at the Mike? I am sure the guy can call the plays and identify where to change the defense. I also really like the Pierre Louis signing and think he starts at the WILL given his coverage abilities. You would then have Holcomb at the SAM as an athletic runstuffer

WLB: Pierre-Louis / SDH / Foster 

MLB: Davis / Bostic

SLB: Holcomb / Anderson

30 minutes ago, method man said:

Do you guys think Thomas Davis starts at the Mike? I am sure the guy can call the plays and identify where to change the defense. I also really like the Pierre Louis signing and think he starts at the WILL given his coverage abilities. You would then have Holcomb at the SAM as an athletic runstuffer

Davis will play outside where he has played  his whole career.

19 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Not to mention our bargain basement FA additions, Yea

Establishing a culture and identity with current core should get Skins to 5-7 wins. After that, 70% will be on Haskins and 30% on timing of TOs from game to game to get more wins. 

15 hours ago, method man said:

I think Anderson will stay at EDGE.  I can't see him covering TEs downfield.

My guess:

WLB: SDH / Pierre-Louis / Foster

MLB: Bostic / JHC

SLB: Holcomb / Davis

We need another MLB via the draft, IMO.

13 minutes ago, Buddha said:

Josh Harvey-Clemons was listed at 245 lbs (up from 217) last season.  If he can play at that weight (and it isn't just excess cheeseburgers), I think he'd be more of a SLB candidate than a WLB.

I think he’d be in the mix for MIKE. Right now it’s Bostic and Norris inside, basically. Could be a SAM candidate as well.

So add Kyle Allen as the backup QB. 

We just sent a 5th to the Panthers for him apparently. Good move IMO - knows the playbook, has 13 starts (6 wins) gives us a backup fro Haskins who can help him and the rest of the O with the playbook and can come off the bench and play if Haskins gets injured. 

On 3/20/2020 at 8:36 AM, ggarriso said:

Based on these pickups, and no solution being presented for our QB problem, so far I would say we are firmly attempting to tank for trevor!

Do we have a QB Problem? Since we haven't went out and signed a big name player that doesn't fit the team we are automatically going to tank for Trevor? How many Top Tier players that want mega contracts do we need to sign? Because some of the players everyone wants to sign are looking for big paydays which is what we have done in the past and it got us nothing. We have been drafting in the top 15 for the last 20+ years because of that practice. Not signing a big name star we automatically have a QB problem and we are tanking for Trevor Lawrence which will be the Washington Redskins Franchise QB only makes sense if still had the same Organizational structure as before. Everyone hates Dan Snyder for spending money on overpriced FA's and drafting players because they play lights out in college but when that isn't happening now we must be tanking for Trevor. I guess Ron Rivera is going to be like every other coach that has come here only to leave with a losing record and never be a successful head coach anywhere else. 

1 hour ago, paloosa said:

I guess Ron Rivera is going to be like every other coach that has come here only to leave with a losing record and never be a successful head coach anywhere else. 

I am not exactly sure what their plan is for this year, I really believe they might be trying to stash away cap money for 21 which would be a clear tank for trev plan.  They have a 3-13 roster, and by all accounts havent really improved it any, picking up a stockpile of career backups.  I like Riverboat Ron but I think this is where not having a real GM costs us, and big.

11 hours ago, KDawg said:

He's there :)

I don't think JHC has the instincts for MIKE. Instincts at MIKE are super important. You can't just plug an athlete in there. You know this better than I do. I don't think we have the long term MIKE solution on this roster, unless Cole Holcomb figures his coverage issues out, which I guess could happen. I think that our best case scenario is that Foster comes back healthy and can lock down the WILL spot and that Cole Holcomb seamlessly integrates into the MIKE spot. 

Listening to JDR/Rivera bring up Holcomb, unprompted, when asked about modern NFL defenders that are scheme versatile, makes me think that he will feature more heavily this year than last. 

His measurements to compare favorably to Keuchly. Two inches shorter and 11 pounds lighter at the combine, but arms are the same length, hands are bigger, and 40 time, 3 cone and broad jump were all significantly better. I also didn't realize that Holcomb is taller and heavier than Reuben Foster. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/cole-holcomb?id=3219484f-4c00-6318-dfc2-c03b54847fbe

https://www.fantasyfootballmetrics.net/general-nfl-draft-reports/2019-pro-day-wow-workout-spotlight-player-lb-cole-holcomb-unc

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/luke-kuechly?id=2533056

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/reuben-foster?id=2557837

Archived