Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Roster Thread (Updated: 4/28/20)

KDawg

Take Latimer out of the equation, and we haven’t got a WR older than 25 with more than 2 years accrued in the league. Fairly incredible really. And Latimer is only 27.

We are pretty much paying rookie/fairly minimal deals at QB/RB/WR/TE positions with the exception of Alex Smith. 

I should have doubled checked those statements are factually correct, but I don’t think they are far off.

On 2/14/2020 at 11:47 AM, KDawg said:

Here is the current Redskin roster. Depth positions may be a little bit off, and it's entirely possible I'm missing a player or two. Feel free to correct me.

I plan on keeping this up to date as we move forward.

image.thumb.png.91217675d0c4dfb1cf3d1a42e2f4b0a3.png

with 36 million plus in cap space … there will be some going forward from here … great job

I forgot about the roster changes due to the new CBA.  Should give these guys more of opp to at least make the PS.

1)  Teams can designate an additional player to return from injured reserve each year (three instead of two)

2)  Two practice-squad players each week can be elevated to the team's active roster, and a team doesn't have to replace the player on the practice squad

3)  Active game-day rosters increased from 46 to 48 players

4)  The new deal expands the size of NFL rosters from 53 players to 55

5)  Practice squads expanded from 10 to 12 players in 2020-2021, then to 14 players starting in 2022 (including between two and four players with unlimited accrued seasons per team)

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Can someone please explain to me please and remember I'm a 5th grader..well..actually I think there's some smart 5th graders...how bout like I'm a second grader..

Redskins exercise Allen's 5th year option...

What does that mean?

NFL rookie contracts for first round draft picks are different than all the other rookies.  Officially they're for four years, but the teams are allowed to tack on a fifth season if they pay a certain amount.  But you're only allowed to do it in a small space of time after their third season but before their fourth

43 minutes ago, carex said:

NFL rookie contracts for first round draft picks are different than all the other rookies.  Officially they're for four years, but the teams are allowed to tack on a fifth season if they pay a certain amount.  But you're only allowed to do it in a small space of time after their third season but before their fourth

Thanks.. does this mean we are trying to do a long-term contract with him?

21 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Is the limit 90 players and that is 85 players with 5 available places still?

Yup, and the normal first cut down to 75 before going to full in season rosters.

7 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Thanks.. does this mean we are trying to do a long-term contract with him?

Tater, he's been playing on his rookie deal at ~$3+ mil through his year then his 5th year option kicks in next year (2021) for ~$9+ mil per first round typical contracts.  That 5th year is what they exercised yesterday.

54 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Yup, and the normal first cut down to 75 before going to full in season rosters.

Tater, he's been playing on his rookie deal at ~$3+ mil through his year then his 5th year option kicks in next year (2021) for ~$9+ mil per first round typical contracts.  That 5th year is what they exercised yesterday.

This dosent make sense to me..this is a breakdown of how much money he makes which unlike every one else I can give two ****s about(no offense, I appreciate ya looking out trying to explain)..what I want to know is, are the Redskins trying to lock him down for future use orrrrrr setting things up for him to be traded..sorry redrobert I appreciate your help but your response didn't make sense to me either.

6 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

This dosent make sense to me..this is a breakdown of how much money he makes which unlike every one else I can give two ****s about(no offense, I appreciate ya looking out trying to explain)..what I want to know is, are the Redskins trying to lock him down for future use orrrrrr setting things up for him to be traded..sorry redrobert I appreciate your help but your response didn't make sense to me either.

All it means in essence is that we kicked the can down the road. Instead of having to deal with him as an impending FA next offseason, we have pushed it off to 2022. We can extend his contract at any time between now and then, but for now there is no reason to. 

This is also why so many teams like to trade up into the back of the first round, especially for qbs. They get a fifth year option for an discounted price.

3 minutes ago, panahoo said:

All it means in essence is that we kicked the can down the road. Instead of having to deal with him as an impending FA next offseason, we have pushed it off to 2022. We can extend his contract at any time between now and then, but for now there is no reason to. 

This is also why so many teams like to trade up into the back of the first round, especially for qbs. They get a fifth year option for an discounted price.

Ohhhhhhh k...sorry redrobert this is basically kinda what you said(yes I know you're not redrobert)this helps alot thanks....so Allen is a redskin for sure this year..next year, and the year after?..

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

Ohhhhhhh k...sorry redrobert this is basically kinda what you said(yes I know you're not redrobert)this helps alot thanks....so Allen is a redskin for sure this year..next year, and the year after?..

for this year and next.  :)

4 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

be interesting to see what the next 5 pick up are.

another QB you would think right? 

Not sure about that but they should definitely be looking at speedy D backfield and oline guys!  Our NFCE teams got a lot faster.  🙂

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

No worries Brother!

Archived