Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Roster Thread (Updated: 4/28/20)

KDawg

JULY
  • 07/28

Signed T Kevin Pamphile and LB Donald Payne.

• 07/27

Placed LB Reuben Foster and QB Alex Smith on Physically Unable to Perform list. Placed WR Kelvin Harmon on Non-Football Injury list. WR Cody Latimer placed on Commissioner's Exempt list.

• 07/26

Released G Jeremy Vujnovich and waived WR Emanuel Hall designated with a Non-Football Injury.

• 07/24

Signed Chase Young, Antonio Gibson, Saahdiq Charles, Antonio Gandy-Golden, Keith Ismael, Khaleke Hudson, Kamren Curl and James Smith-Williams. Signed DL David Bada.

MAY
  • 05/14

Signed CB Aaron Colvin.

• 05/09

Signed G Mike Liedtke.

APRIL
  • 04/28

Signed WRs Johnathon Johnson and Isaiah Wright, QB Steven Montez and TE Thaddeus Moss.

• 04/27

Exercised DL Jonathan Allen's fifth-year option.

• 04/01

Signed CB Ronald Darby

MARCH
  • 03/31

Signed LB Kevin Pierre-Louis

• 03/30

Signed WR Cody Latimer and TE Richard Rodgers.

• 03/26

Signed RBs Peyton Barber and J.D. McKissic

• 03/25

Re-signed LB Nate Orchard. Signed LB Thomas Davis Sr. and OT Jeremy Vujnovich.

• 03/24

Acquired QB Kyle Allen.

• 03/23

Re-signed Caleb Brantley. Signed TE Logan Thomas and S Sean Davis. Released CBs Breon Borders, Dee Delaney, Coty Sensabaugh and Kayvon Webster and S Montae Nicholson.

• 03/22

Re-signed LB Jon Bostic

• 03/21

Signed CB Kendall Fuller and G Wes Schweitzer

• 03/03

Signed TE Marcus Baugh.

• 1 month later...

With the roster basically set, anyone want to take a stab at the depth chart ?

My unprofessional guesses. I'll admit, LB is the one I feel least comfortable predicting

Listed by position, in "order of string"

QB

Haskins

Smith

Allen

RB

Gibson

McKissic

Barber

Love

TE

Thomas

Baugh

Sprinkle

WR

McLaurin

Inman

Sims

AGG

Wright

Full Starting Line :

Christian

Schweitzer

Roullier

Scherff

Moses

-----

Backup G

Martin

Ismael

Backup T

Lucas

Sharpe

Charles

DT

Allen

Ioanniddis

Payne

Settle

DE

Young

Sweat

Kerrigan

Anderson

JSW

LB

KPL

Holcomb

Davis

SDH

Bostic

Hudson

CB

Darby

Fuller

Moreland

Moreau

Stroman

Johnson

Safety

Collins-Apke

Curl-Everett

9 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Anyone want to take a stab at the depth chart ?

My unprofessional guesses. I'll admit, LB is the one I feel least comfortable predicting

QB

Haskins

Allen

Smith

RB

Love

Gibson

McKissic

Barber

TE

Thomas

Sprinkle

Baugh

WR

McLaurin

Inman

Sims

AGG

Wright

Full Starting Line :

Christian

Schweitzer ( I so want to Martin here but I think you are right )

Roullier

Scherff

Moses

-----

Backup G

Martin

Ismael

Backup T

Lucas

Sharpe

Charles

DT

Allen

Ioanniddis

Payne

Settle

DE

Young

Sweat

Kerrigan

Anderson

LB

KPL

Holcomb

Davis

SDH

Bostic

Hudson

CB

Darby

Fuller

Moreland

Moreau

Stroman

Johnson

Safety

Collins-Apke

Cuerl-Everett

I think the first play of our first drive of the season Love is in and we throw the ball , second play Gibson comes in and we run... 

moved Smith to 3rd QB and I think Sprinkle sees the field first as a second TE on short yardage plays ... really just don’t know enough about Baugh but to be honest I hope Baugh sees the field more than Sprinkle because he can block and run good routes ( hoping for this)but haven’t heard much from camp on that aside from a few Rivera comments.

really hoped Martin had stepped up but it just doesn’t sound like he grabbed the opportunity. 

I would hope Moreau would be put on the outside. Nickle is Fuller's strength. Mooreland also seems good there. Moreau really struggled playing slot corner and was pretty good outside. On the other hand, who on D didn't struggle last year and maybe his difficulties were mostly about communication and coaching.

I think Allen is the backup QB - don’t see them risking Smith being one snap away from live contact.

Wes Martin will start at LG I would think.

i think we will see a lot of movement at LB depending on matchups and formation etc. I’m hoping to see a lot of SDH personally, I think he could be our best LB In coverage when all is said.

Only thing I really disagree with is I think Kyle Allen is locked in as QB2.

I see Alex Smith with a clip board and no helmet on gameday.

Primary Job: Be Haskins’ confidant and personal guru.

Duties:

- During the week teach him to manage his time, develop the habits of a winner, study film and the game plan together.

-On game days talk to him on the sideline after drives, tell him what he sees, settle him down or amp him up, give him encouragement when things go awry, and be tough on him when things are going smooth.

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

With the roster basically set, anyone want to take a stab at the depth chart ?

45 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I think Allen is the backup QB - don’t see them risking Smith being one snap away from live contact.

Wes Martin will start at LG I would think.

i think we will see a lot of movement at LB depending on matchups and formation etc. I’m hoping to see a lot of SDH personally, I think he could be our best LB In coverage when all is said.

4 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Only thing I really disagree with is I think Kyle Allen is locked in as QB2.

I see Alex Smith with a clip board and no helmet on gameday.

I had Smith as #2, based on comments by Rivera that if Haskins went down for some reason in Game 1, he'd have no qualms or hesitation about putting Smith in there against the Eagles.

After having that serious and planned sit-down with Smith very recently, Rivera concluded Smith was ready, both physically and mentally to handle that.

14 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I had Smith as #2, based on comments by Rivera that if Haskins went down for some reason in Game 1, he'd have no qualms or hesitation about putting Smith in there against the Eagles.

After having that serious and planned sit-down with Smith very recently, Rivera concluded Smith was ready, both physically and mentally to handle that.

It’s possible but I would be very uneasy rolling Smith out there behind an iffy O’line when he’s not had any contact at all for over a year. 

Then again if he’s not able to take contact he shouldn’t be on the 53.

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

He said if he needed to, not if Haskins went down. Presumably that means if Allen went down as well. 

18 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Alex Smith hasn't even taken real live snaps yet, no way he's #2 at this point

Rivera gave him full 11-on-11 snaps after the media days ended, he said, full speed. He just didn’t take hits bc QBs don’t take training camp hits in those drills generally. But your point still kind of stands, he hasn’t taken hits since the injury or really felt that danger, live.

From an expert doctor's opinion, who breaks down the injury from start to finish, and also answers the question "Can he play again" at 12:47.

He says there is definitely a possibility of that happening, and it's up to Alex. And we all know how strong Alex's will is

This was actually done a few months ago, so this doctor hasn't even seen the large strides Smith has taken since then.

14 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Two things I wanted to point out from Ron's press conference.   Saadiq Charles is running now.  And the rookie safety Curl that can play corner and safety, Ron says he has a high ceiling. 

Curl sounds like a young Deshazor Everett. If I remember correctly, earlier in his career Everett could also play corner. Deshazor is such a smart player, he found his role and because hes a selfless player he's had a job with us now for 5 years. 

I think Charles eventually starts as our LG. Thats his position with us in the future imo.

I don't think anyone posted the complete PS, ever since the team increased from their initial 13

64 DL 6-4 293 N/A 1  
95 DE 6-3 252 24 2 Oklahoma State
12 WR 6-1 195 23 R Colorado
34 CB 6-0 191 28 7 Oklahoma
63 G 6-5 305 26 4 Stanford
84 WR 5-11 191 25 3 West Virginia
88 TE 6-4 245 24 2 Alabama
46 CB 5-11 200 25 3 Notre Dame
6 QB 6-5 235 23 R Colorado
50 LB 6-1 238 27 4

Utah

48 DE 6-4 251 27 5 Utah