Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Norman released

BaseCommander

16 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

They say that with Norman and Richardson gone should free up about $40M in cap space.

Skins only save $2M this year on Richardson. We're eating $6M in dead cap this year. However, we save $10M next year and in 2021. We saved a bundle with Norman, as I don't think he had any guaranteed money left.

11 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I don't feel sorry for him.

He's got a bright future in DWTB, Dancing with the Bulls.

This post brings home two points.  One, Norman was a lot of bluster and an average player who got paid a lot of money.  Second point is how incompetent the front office really was.  Breeland never even got the courtesy of a contract offer when he left yet his stats are better than Normans and they the paid him $56.7 million less.  Some will say oh but Breeland was on a rookie contract.  Agreed so the money may not be the most telling thing here its the results really.  And oh by the way.  Breeland has a Super Bowl to boot.  Wasn't all that excited when Norman got signed and not sorry he is gone. 

6 minutes ago, glongest said:

This post brings home two points.  One, Norman was a lot of bluster and an average player who got paid a lot of money.  Second point is how incompetent the front office really was.  Breeland never even got the courtesy of a contract offer when he left yet his stats are better than Normans and they the paid him $56.7 million less.  Some will say oh but Breeland was on a rookie contract.  Agreed so the money may not be the most telling thing here its the results really.  And oh by the way.  Breeland has a Super Bowl to boot.  Wasn't all that excited when Norman got signed and not sorry he is gone. 

I think what's missed here is the "thrown at" element. Of course Bree is going to have more tackles, pass break ups and more interceptions. Not justifying Norman's time here but that's why the Skins paid for him.

Wow and to wonder why players say screw Skin fans.  Pretty pathetic in this room. 

Thanks Josh for the bringing it every Sunday and during training camp. Thanks for taking pics with my family and giving us an autographed glove and meeting my daughter. Thanks for trying to be an example to young players by staying late after practice. Pay no attention to the idiot naysayers as you move forward with whats next in your life. 

Congrats on proving people wrong and making it in a tough business, both on your body and mind and keep being a role model in the community.  Thanks for giving us fans a reason to cheer over the years. Hail!

A good organization never signs Norman. Instead, after 2016, they would have given Breeland a cheap extension(he wasn't eligible until after that season).

We could have had a young CB trio of Breeland, Fuller, and Dunbar. Combined the three of them would likely account for less salary than Norman.

But, this is the Redskins we're talking about...

But without Norman, do Bree,Fuller,and QD become the players they are??? 

Things that make u go ‘hmmmmmm’

We couldn’t keep Josh at that price. Great personality, wouldn’t be mad to see what he could reunited with RR......cheaper.

Maybe he can reunite with the youngins over in KC.

5 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Got to be honest, I was fairly pleased we moved on from Breeland at the time. Not sure the fact he’s won a ring means anything in the context of his time here and the general state of the nation at the time of his departure.

Yeah... Didn't he burn his foot on a George Forman grill?

10 hours ago, lovemaskins said:

Wow and to wonder why players say screw Skin fans.  Pretty pathetic in this room. 

Thanks Josh for the bringing it every Sunday and during training camp. Thanks for taking pics with my family and giving us an autographed glove and meeting my daughter. Thanks for trying to be an example to young players by staying late after practice. Pay no attention to the idiot naysayers as you move forward with whats next in your life. 

Congrats on proving people wrong and making it in a tough business, both on your body and mind and keep being a role model in the community.  Thanks for giving us fans a reason to cheer over the years. Hail!

I don’t think anyone is saying he was a bad guy. I actually liked his weird personality, and he definitely played with some intensity. I was a fan of his, but he simply wasn’t worth the contract at all. That’s the business of football.  

14 hours ago, NYSkins21 said:

I think what's missed here is the "thrown at" element. Of course Bree is going to have more tackles, pass break ups and more interceptions. Not justifying Norman's time here but that's why the Skins paid for him.

Absolutely nobody was throwing away from Norman after the first year.

On 2/14/2020 at 10:03 AM, Malapropismic Depository said:

I don't feel sorry for him.

He's got a bright future in DWTB, Dancing with the Bulls.

That's ridiculous!!!  Now let me get this straight.  We kept Norman and let Breeland walk?  This by itself should get a GM fired.  Talk about being overpaid and overrated!!!!!🤨

To be clear, I am not talking about Norman as a person; he is a good person.  I am talking about the money.  It's not personal; it's business. 

Norman is another one of Dan Snyder's stupid reaches.  I scornfully recall their delight in winning a bidding war for Norman.  Snyder and company gleefully made Norman the highest paid corner in the League, a Snyder masterstroke.   Not Fat Albert or RGIII stupid but stupid all the same. 

I'll always remember Norman looking back at the quarterback while the receiver runs free for a big completion.  Maybe Norman was athletic enough to get away with this breech of fundamentals earlier in his career but not with the Skins.  How many times did he let this happen?  Enough that this failing technique should be called a Norman.  Now Norman is cut.  This is what passes for progress with the Skins.

Am I cynical and bitter?  Yes, pathetically so. 

I'm happy he's gone, but I also remember how excited we all were when we signed him. 

He's regressed every year. Hopefully we learn older corners typically don't do well. If we follow this up with sighing a 30 year old to a 4 year deal we'll be in facepalm town. 

2 hours ago, Unbias said:

I'm happy he's gone, but I also remember how excited we all were when we signed him. 

He's regressed every year. Hopefully we learn older corners typically don't do well. If we follow this up with sighing a 30 year old to a 4 year deal we'll be in facepalm town. 

Rivera talked about wanting to get younger at the position so while I do expect us to be active in free agency at DB I doubt it’s anyone over say 27/28.

Archived