Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Norman released

BaseCommander

giphy.gif

That said, his skills eroded greatly while he was here.  And he probably wasn't used in the best way.

I will also say, his attitude on game day was on point.  Dude wasn't afraid to make a tackle.  Not afraid to mix it up.  Brought intensity to the field.  I hope he catches on somewhere else next year and is productive.  One should be so lucky to leave this dumpster fire after wasting a significant portion of their career here and do well somewhere else.

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That said, his skills eroded greatly while he was here.  And he probably wasn't used in the best way.

I will also say, his attitude on game day was on point.  Dude wasn't afraid to make a tackle.  Not afraid to mix it up.  Brought intensity to the field.  I hope he catches on somewhere else next year and is productive.  One should be so lucky to leave this dumpster fire after wasting a significant portion of their career here and do well somewhere else.

I'll go "waste" a significant portion of my career anywhere for 61 Million....just saying.

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

I'll go "waste" a significant portion of my career anywhere for 61 Million....just saying.

That's the obvious answer, but losing sucks.  Playing for a ****ty team, a ****ty franchise sucks.  Yes, they can cry in their millions but that doesn't mean they didn't waste part of a career playing here.

He's not a bad guy.  I love his fire and attitude.

He had a great final year with the Panthers, desperation  drove us to overpay him, and we probably used him incorrectly (shocker).  I'm sure Jay's soft attitude did not help the situation.

He's not worth what he'd be getting paid if we retained him.

I wish him luck.

Norman is proof of why you can't afford to pay a corner that kind of money with the constant state of change in philosophy and scheme within a franchise. It's also a position that ebbs and flows entirely based on the entire unit in the secondary and the front.

Norman was a guy who was "worth" the contract he was given. But his play quickly deteriorated for us and we were just left with a very large contract.

He's not the only example around the league, either. 

Having said that, I will piggy back on the above post from Spaceman RE: His positives.

Early on he was involved on a play to play basis. His punch and ability to go after the football was a habit our younger corners picked up and carried forward. Injuries derailed him, scheme, complimentary talent and aging ended his time here.

He's a guy that I think, given the right system, can still be an adequate player in the league. I wish him the best.

Archived