Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Norman released

BaseCommander

Norman probably knows too much about Rivera. Interesting that 'Skins got Norman from Carolina, now they have their ex-coach who was fired after losing to the 'Skins and first thing of note he does is get rid of Norman for the second time. What is wrong with this picture other than all of it?

• 3 weeks later...

As I think about how I will remember Josh Norman as a Redskin it's definitely all of the passes he gave up where he was chasing the receiver. He was anything but a shutdown corner with the Skins and maybe that was as much the scheme as anything but he surely wasn't an impact player. 

35 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

I'll bet he has a couple good years in that defense.

I would bet he looks much better there, now, considering the horrific D-Coordinators we had during his time here.  He had Greg Manusky & Joe Barry.  That is wretched and before that, Jim Haslett.  That is repulsive.  We should probably improve on the defensive end of things now simply due to better coaching.  I certainly hope this is the case.  Hail

3 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

I would bet he looks much better there, now, considering the horrific D-Coordinators we had during his time here.  He had Greg Manusky & Joe Barry.  That is wretched and before that, Jim Haslett.  That is repulsive.  We should probably improve on the defensive end of things now simply due to better coaching.  I certainly hope this is the case.  Hail

Well even if Ronny and Delly are average, that’s 16 spots better than Manusky and Barry.  How Jay Gruden retained one of the worst DCs in the league, then hired 2 worse than him is absolutely beyond comprehension.

People love to talk about how bad the defensive coaches were here and I don't disagree, but when I watch Norman's play this past year, on almost every occasion he was trailing the receiver by 2 yards.  Sorry but to me that is not coaching that is simply lost a step.  How in gods name he convinced someone to pay him $6m a year based on his play in 2019 is beyond me.  Must have a good agent.  

1 hour ago, glongest said:

People love to talk about how bad the defensive coaches were here and I don't disagree, but when I watch Norman's play this past year, on almost every occasion he was trailing the receiver by 2 yards.  Sorry but to me that is not coaching that is simply lost a step.  How in gods name he convinced someone to pay him $6m a year based on his play in 2019 is beyond me.  Must have a good agent.  

He played for the coaches in Buffalo before, who probably watched the film, figured it was useless, and just went with what they remembered. 

Also, I think I heard there wasn’t any, or very little guaranteed money.  So if he sucks in TC, they can just cut him.

Well, I’m happy for josh. He had some good moments here, a few interceptions i got to enjoy watching on tv. Some good fumble recoveries. Glad he’s out of the NFC. Doesn’t look like we play the bills this year so we won’t face him. But wishing him success in Buffalo. One of my college friends is a huge bills fan, so I’ll cheer for Norman’s success 😁

4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well, I’m happy for josh. He had some good moments here, a few interceptions i got to enjoy watching on tv. Some good fumble recoveries. Glad he’s out of the NFC. Doesn’t look like we play the bills this year so we won’t face him. But wishing him success in Buffalo. One of my college friends is a huge bills fan, so I’ll cheer for Norman’s success 😁

Yeah, I also hope he does well. The dude prepares and competes like a real pro. In Buffalo, I think they'll utilize him to the strengths of this skillset, which is something that wasn't really done with our previous defensive coaching staff.

22 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

I'm just confused why we still have a thread open in the stadium for a guy who hasnt played for us in years.

Well we still have an open thread going about Season Ticket renewals.  I didn't realize that was still a thing in DC.  I sure hope they are going to return to being a team worthy enough to consider going to the games again.

Archived