Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Offer Would Change Your Mind on Trading Down???

Renegade7

Trade offer to change your mind on trading down???  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Trade offer to change your mind on trading down???

• Has to be MORE then accepted trade package to get RG3
    • Has to be AT LEAST the accepted trade package to get RG3
    • Would be willing to accept LESS then accepted trade package to get RG3
    • There's nothing that can convince me to trade down, stop trying, unplug the phone
    • Only if you can convince me of an impossible scenario where we can still get Chase Young, good luck
    • I don't know
    • I don't care

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

There is a loooong way to go with regards to how highly valued Tua is going to be....He may have a pro day and show that he is fully recovered and ready to roll, or, he may not workout and teams will have more questions than answers about him. If he has a pro day and kills it, there could be many teams trying to move up to get him....same goes with the other QB's, maybe teams fall in love with one of them over Tua? It's all speculation right now....hell, maybe something comes out on Chase and he drops hard? We've seen it happen many times before. 

I cannot disagree with one word you have said.  I only gave what I believe is a high probability of future events.

45 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I think I’m still at..

somehow moving to #3 to get Young with an amicable deal involving Detroit

or Miami’s 3 x first rounders 

I would love to get the Dolphins 3 x 1st rounders, it would be even sweeter if the Lions then take Young to keep them away from the Cheating Mara's Giants. 

HTTR 

2 hours ago, cakmoney61 said:

I cannot disagree with one word you have said.  I only gave what I believe is a high probability of future events.

I'm with ya. I am really waiting to see how good Simmons looks and whether he can close the gap on Chase Young at the combine/pro day. If he does, and the Skins like him too, then we have some big decisions to make should Miami make us an offer.....

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

I would love to get the Dolphins 3 x 1st rounders, it would be even sweeter if the Lions then take Young to keep them away from the Cheating Mara's Giants. 

HTTR 

IMO, perhaps a better and more realistic outcome (even though any trade is doubtful to begin with) would be to get 1.5, 1.18, either a 2nd or a 3rd, and next year’s 1st... which should be a high pick.  

11 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm with ya. I am really waiting to see how good Simmons looks and whether he can close the gap on Chase Young at the combine/pro day. If he does, and the Skins like him too, then we have some big decisions to make should Miami make us an offer.....

Ive been seeing Simmons mocked to the Giants lately so while I think they go OT Simmons at 5 is no guarantee 

We all know how much the Lions need pass rushing help and that their coach and GM are both on the hot-seat this year.  I wonder if a trade can be worked out where we swap the #2 and #3 overall picks without engaging in all these unrealistic 3 team trade scenarios.

Redskins receive:

#3 overall pick

2nd round pick

3rd round pick

Lions receive:

#2 overall pick

Ryan Kerrigan

I really believe that I have a 3 team trade plan that brings us Chase Young plus more picks and it works to all 3 teams' benefit.                                                                                         So here's the trade:    We trade Our 1st round pick (#2) with Miami for their 1(#5) and 1(#18) and both of their 2nd round picks. We then trade 1 (#5) and 1 (#18) to Detroit to move back up to 1 (#3) and we take Chase Young and still have both of the 2nd round picks from Miami. Miami should be ecstatic because they get their guy Tua, keep their 1 (#26) so essentially they only gave up a first round pick and 2 seconds to move up.  Detroit should be ecstatic because they drop back 2 spots, still get the guy they are rumored to want (Okudah) plus pick up an extra 1st round pick at #18 and we still get the guy we want in Chase Young while adding 2 second round picks this year.  The more I think about this, the more I think this is a very realistic and doable trade. 

these 3 man trades are ridiculous because the lions won’t pass on young. The only way we move to 3 and still have young is if the lions cut ties with Stafford and go all in on tua, which would be a poor move imo.

everyone wants to get picks from trade downs and still get their guy but that isn’t going to happen for us. It is more likely that Detroit or the giants benefit from a trade down.

1 hour ago, VaK9Trainer said:

I really believe that I have a 3 team trade plan that brings us Chase Young plus more picks and it works to all 3 teams' benefit.                                                                                         So here's the trade:    We trade Our 1st round pick (#2) with Miami for their 1(#5) and 1(#18) and both of their 2nd round picks. We then trade 1 (#5) and 1 (#18) to Detroit to move back up to 1 (#3) and we take Chase Young and still have both of the 2nd round picks from Miami. Miami should be ecstatic because they get their guy Tua, keep their 1 (#26) so essentially they only gave up a first round pick and 2 seconds to move up.  Detroit should be ecstatic because they drop back 2 spots, still get the guy they are rumored to want (Okudah) plus pick up an extra 1st round pick at #18 and we still get the guy we want in Chase Young while adding 2 second round picks this year.  The more I think about this, the more I think this is a very realistic and doable trade. 

Okudah is probably a second choice for them as a result of the teams and potential picks ahead of there spot in the draft. 

1 hour ago, sportjunkie07 said:

these 3 man trades are ridiculous because the lions won’t pass on young. The only way we move to 3 and still have young is if the lions cut ties with Stafford and go all in on tua, which would be a poor move imo.

everyone wants to get picks from trade downs and still get their guy but that isn’t going to happen for us. It is more likely that Detroit or the giants benefit from a trade down.

I wouldn't say this idea is ridiculous....I agree the Lions likely would want Young but they may value the extra 1st round pick more, same as the Skins might. Young is the sexy pick but grabbing Okudah or Simmons plus possibly one of the stud WR's or another pass rusher like Espenesa with the 2nd pick you get might be more enticing to some teams. How much money do the Redskins want to put into their defensive line because at some point each of the 4 first round picks (not inclucing Kerrigan who makes 5 1st rounders) is gonna want to get paid. 

Think of the possibilities of filling multiple holes over one stud pass rusher???? Depends on what JDR is gonna say about what he needs on that defense.

Also, if the Skins were smart, they would try and pry Miami's 1st round pick next year from them just in case we realize we need to move on from Haskins. We have an unknown at QB right now and if DH isn't the answer we would then have two shots at the top QB's coming out next year if necessary. If that's not the case then we will have two firsts to play with again next year....Again, Young is the safe, sexy pick but multiple 1st round picks is pretty enticing too. Hang on for an exciting, rumor filled few months....

I wouldnt support a swap with Detroit unless it was clear they were ready to replace Stafford.  Considering his spinal injury cant be fixed with surgery, they should seriously consider it before they end up in same boat as us with Alex Smith.

3 hours ago, VaK9Trainer said:

Looks interesting, what does this look like points wise in the JJ and Hill charts?

5 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

We all know how much the Lions need pass rushing help and that their coach and GM are both on the hot-seat this year.  I wonder if a trade can be worked out where we swap the #2 and #3 overall picks without engaging in all these unrealistic 3 team trade scenarios.

Redskins receive:

#3 overall pick

2nd round pick

3rd round pick

Lions receive:

#2 overall pick

Ryan Kerrigan

That's terrible. We lose out on Chase Young and we give Ryan Kerrigan away for basically nothing. Even Bruce Allen wouldn't make that trade.

3 hours ago, VaK9Trainer said:

32 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I wouldnt support a swap with Detroit unless it was clear they were ready to replace Stafford.  Considering his spinal injury cant be fixed with surgery, they should seriously consider it before they end up in same boat as us with Alex Smith.

Looks interesting, what does this look like points wise in the JJ and Hill charts?

This trade likely never happens. By draft charts it's lopsided in two place. Anything is possible but seems unlikely.  

Wash

#2 - 2600

Miami

#5 - 1700  #18 - 900   #39 - 510   #56 - 340

Det

#3 - 2200

So trade 1 is:

Miami Receives #2 - 2600

Washington receives #5, #18, #39, #56 = 3450

- 850 short for Miami

Trade 2

Redskins Receives #3 - 2200

Detroit Receives ##5 and #18 = 2600

-400 short for Redskins

On 2/8/2020 at 5:14 PM, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I think I’m still at..

somehow moving to #3 to get Young with an amicable deal involving Detroit

or Miami’s 3 x first rounders 

Ya. That's reasonable stance concerning trade down, path of least resistance vs best case scenario.

I can honestly see us taking Young at #2 as the safest thing to do, it'd be borderline impossible to judge us for that if it went south.  I still dont believe that's the best thing or most efficient thing to do, but for a new administration, definetly the safest.  Anyone that calls with that pick has to take that into considering if they want us to come out that slot, if you dont want to make it worth it, dont call us.

As for free agent DEs this offseason, I'm interested in these two, anyone else?

Yannick Ngakoue - from DC and 24 years old

Arik Armstead - plays for SF with 10 sacks and 26 year old

https://nfltraderumors.co/top-25-2020-nfl-free-agents-list/

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

That's terrible. We lose out on Chase Young and we give Ryan Kerrigan away for basically nothing. Even Bruce Allen wouldn't make that trade.

The swap with Detroit ideas are to try and get Young and trade down, I havent seen anyone present a swap and willingly miss out on Young, that defeats the point of the swap. 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

?

I thought it was obvious we'd only make that trade if they guaranteed us they wouldn't draft Young.

3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

?

I thought it was obvious we'd only make that trade if they guaranteed us they wouldn't draft Young.

That's playing with fire though. Not sure that anyone would make that promise. Detroit could get an offer from someone else once they move up that's too good to turn down. The only way this would work and we still end up with Chase would involve a 3 way between us, Miami and Detroit. If Miami gets to #2, they are taking Tua. No hesitation. 

30 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

That's playing with fire though. Not sure that anyone would make that promise. Detroit could get an offer from someone else once they move up that's too good to turn down. The only way this would work and we still end up with Chase would involve a 3 way between us, Miami and Detroit. If Miami gets to #2, they are taking Tua. No hesitation. 

You could get assurances.

Opens up almost endless possibilities, but picks plus player(s) hasn’t been discussed much...

I would be curious to know how many people that are "Pro" Trade down ... even if the trade-down was 1.5, 1.18 and 2.39 for 1.2 ... would be cool with that if Isaiah Simmons was off the board by Pick 5.

I think a lot of trade down people are trade down because the default thought is you can get an impact defender at a position of need in Simmons at 5. But he could go 4 to the Giants.

So let's hypothesize that we extend Trent for 3 years. We sign James Bradberry in free agency.

If you trade 1.2 for 1.5, 1.18 and 2.39 and Simmons is not on the board at 5 ... who are you drafting ... and is that a scenario that you still prefer to taking Chase?

Yeah, Jeff Okudah will be a stud at CB, and I suppose CB is a long-term need regardless of who is added in FA ... but is Okudah a satisfactory option?

25 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I would be curious to know how many people that are "Pro" Trade down ... even if the trade-down was 1.5, 1.18 and 2.39 for 1.2 ... would be cool with that if Isaiah Simmons was off the board by Pick 5.

I think a lot of trade down people are trade down because the default thought is you can get an impact defender at a position of need in Simmons at 5. But he could go 4 to the Giants.

So let's hypothesize that we extend Trent for 3 years. We sign James Bradberry in free agency.

If you trade 1.2 for 1.5, 1.18 and 2.39 and Simmons is not on the board at 5 ... who are you drafting ... and is that a scenario that you still prefer to taking Chase?

Yeah, Jeff Okudah will be a stud at CB, and I suppose CB is a long-term need regardless of who is added in FA ... but is Okudah a satisfactory option?

I don't know if i'm 'pro' trade down, as much as i'm open to multiple scenarios.  I am not against taking Young, but also not against trading back... i dont think it's an either / or scenario... 

To directly answer your question, adding a first round pick, and a 2nd round pick, and ending up with Okudah is not my preference.  I guess it's 'satisfactory' because the dude is likely to be a stud, and it's a position that absolutely could use an upgrade.. and he's well worth the no. 5 pick, but the return beyond that likely isn't enough for me.  If we had the no. 5 pick to begin with, and Okudah was there, i'd be perfectly fine taking him if Simmons was off the board... but to give up Young, to get Okudah and the picks you pointed out, there would be a lingering feeling of disappointment to begin with.  He could change that with his play... but the window between the draft, and if he becomes an all pro would be an absolutely agonizing period of elevated critiques and people shouting about 'they chose this guy over Chase Young?!'

40 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I'm not pro-trade down.  But if you do trade down to 5 you have to assume Burrow, Tua, CY and one other is off the board.  So you have to have at least 2 people you're REALLY in love with at 5.  Simmons and somebody I would assume.  So in any situation, you get one of the guys you really love.  

Then the argument is "guy you get" + the rest of the haul is worth giving up on CY.  

As I've said, it all comes down to evaluation.  IF you evaluate CY as better than Nick Bosa, there's almost no trade which can be made which would cause me to want to trade down.

If you don't, and you just evaluate him as "REALLY REALLY GOOD" then you can listen to teams as long as you have a few options you could pick at 5.  It's very possible if you move down to 5, Detroit picks Young, and the Giants pick either Simmons or trades the pick to somebody to pick Simmons.  So, eh, who knows.

The team can stick at #2 and get Young or trade down for a haul and net several impact players. Neither is a bad move.

The key is not to trade back and then waste those picks. If you are going to move back and pass on Young you better not screw those selections up.

21 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

I don't know if i'm 'pro' trade down, as much as i'm open to multiple scenarios.  I am not against taking Young, but also not against trading back... i dont think it's an either / or scenario...

Yeah, and to answer my own question here, I think it really depends on free agency. If we traded Trent for a 2nd rounder and suddenly had a gaping hole at LT, then I am fine with getting Simmons or Thomas/Wills at #5. Even more so if we used the $$ saved on Trent to go sign some impact defenders in other areas whre we had holes.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 5:48 PM, kingdaddy said:

Proposed 3 team trade:

- Skins get a truckload of picks from Miami, say 3 firsts (picks 5, 18 in 2020 and a first in 2021) and 2 seconds (2020 and 2021) and move back to 5 .

- Detroit gets (pick #5 and 18 from Miami plus a 2021 2nd)

- Miami gets #2 overall in 2020 plus Detroit's 2021 4th.

- Skins are left with #3 overall pick plus Miami's 2nd round pick in 2020.

- Miami takes Tua, Skins take Chase Young, Detroit takes Okudah, Simmons or a QB.

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 7:06 AM, Warhead36 said:

The Dolphins have NO incentive to trade up. They know nobody else is trading up for Tua and they know nobody ahead of them is taking him. The Lions aren't going QB, Patricia on the hot seat and he's not wasting a top 3 pick that can help him win now on a project and obviously the Giants at 4 aren't going QB.

Hell they might even wait till their 18th pick and still have Tua available.

I was thinking what Kingdaddy said.... swap with Detroit to get exta picks and still get Young.  Stafford is no longer a franchise QB and how often do you get a top 3 pick with QB need as a?

So it was my surprise when I saw mocks with Detroit taking some CB instead of a QB.  

I guess it makes sense what Warhead says, if Patricia is on the hot seat, he might draft someone to win now.  But are they really that close to contending?  Wouldn't his job be safer if he did the right thing and draft one of the two top QBs?

Archived