Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Offer Would Change Your Mind on Trading Down???

Renegade7

Trade offer to change your mind on trading down???  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Trade offer to change your mind on trading down???

• Has to be MORE then accepted trade package to get RG3
    • Has to be AT LEAST the accepted trade package to get RG3
    • Would be willing to accept LESS then accepted trade package to get RG3
    • There's nothing that can convince me to trade down, stop trying, unplug the phone
    • Only if you can convince me of an impossible scenario where we can still get Chase Young, good luck
    • I don't know
    • I don't care

Redskins have #2 pick.  Dolphins have advertised they have enough ammo to trade up for a QB.  Sound familiar?

https://www.businessinsider.com/rg3-trade-rams-draft-picks-2013-12

52c19a2f69bedda9136167c3.jpeg.9b8be3005fdb98a128b4da5b8df2de06.jpeg

I'll keep poll simple and thread openminded.  Its public and please be respectful of different opinions, in many ways we want the same thing but disagree on how to do it.

I dont believe it has to be the Dolphins, but that's where I'd expect the call from first.  Keep in mind that graph is based on the final value of the picks after the seasons ended, we were hoping those would be low round picks and easier to justify it being worth it. 

The dolphins are rebuilding, I intentionally posted the graph of what the final value was instead of the initial offered value for multiple reasons, including but primarily that that is what the value of those picks became regardless of what they were worth at the time of the trade. 

Regardless of what the value chart is now, the point is not all trade downs are created equal, huge part is who you are trading with.  Who in a million years thought that two years after trading for the Rams #2 pick wed be giving one right back to them jus two year later?

Edit: to help the conversation honest, I'm hoping this helps: 

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

I'm assuming this scenario would mean Tua has been given a clean bill of health?  I don't do it for anything less than all 3 of the Dolphins' first round picks in 2020, their 2020 2nd round pick and their 2021 1st and 2021 2nd.

The Rams gave up the opportunity to draft Trent Richardson, Matt Kalil, Justin Blackmon, Morris Claiborne, Mark Barron etc.  None of whom were considered generational prospects, and all of whom turned out to be below average NFL players or outright busts.

The Redskins would be giving up the opportunity to draft a once in a decade pass rushing prospect.  We need to be compensated accordingly.

I wouldn't mind Dolphins 3 1st round picks this year plus their second next year.  We lose out on Young but fill in a lot of needs. 

Trade down one of the 1st round picks as well to get another late round 1st and a 2nd round pick.

@HTTRDynasty no assumptions.

I hear the arguement for not getting Young not being worth it. I want the Dolphins first rounders, too, but would be open to a trade that doesnt scare them away so we can take what we get and trade down some more.

We dont know who we are passing on, that's Kyle Smith's job and we havent even had the combine yet.

Edit: Noting that since the Dolphins keep coming up here that we had the #6 pick when we traded up for #2, the Dolphins currently are sitting at #5.

With Detroit, an amicable trade if we still get Young.

With the Giants, not an option really

With Miami, their 3 firsts and a second in 2020

With the Chargers, #6 pick, second rounder, third rounder, Derwin James, plus change maybe

Dont want to drop further back than that.....

I said more than the RG3 trade down. I think the only why you pass up Young for me would be the other team's 1st round pick until the end of time.

However, I would take the Lions 2nd round pick this year, if they are dying to move up to 2 to take Tua. Skins still take Young and add a 2nd round. Never going to happen, but we can dream right.

Tell you how crazy I am, I'd reach out to the Giants about trading up for Chase Young as long as we get more then the Griffin trade. 

They are terrible in free agency, killing their ability to draft for the next several years will keep them out of relevancy, basically neutralizing a division rival that we play twice a year. 

Think about it, they are so bad, Young may jus come sign here like Collins did when hes a free agent :evil:

Miami's two earliest first rounders (5 and 18) and both of their 2nd round picks (39 and 56). Matt Patricia would not pass on Young

Simmons/Okudah @ 5, best OT @ 18, and two second rounders? Deal the 2s back up, grab Simmons AND Okudah? I'd have to pick up the phone.........

But this is why I will not be in anyones draft room come April

I'll admit, this week was the first week I even considered trading back.

It has been some convincing arguments. Also, as someone said earlier, Kyle Smith is making these picks... You give someone like him three first and he can do some damage I bet.

I voted more than RG3, but honestly, I'll take the RG3 trade.

I’d be open to trading back with the right offer. 2 additional first round picks And at least one additional 2nd this year to go with Jeudy/Simmons/Okudah would be really really intriguing if you hit on them. And if they throw in the additional 2nd they have this year or an additional 1st next year  then I’m sold. Just too much draft capital to pass up imo. As good as Chase will be.

I’d have to listen.

7 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Any remote scenario that leaves us with Chase and additional picks is the only route I'd go. 

Have Miami on one line, Detroit on the other, trade down to five, up to three and have one or two extra picks at the end

25 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

strong rumors out of Detroit that Stafford will be traded.....that means the Lions will be in the market for a QB....Tua? 

This would be the optimal situation for us.....and yes, I would consider trading out of 2 given the right offer.

if Detroit wants him that's the ideal situation to get extra picks and Chase. 

Why would Detroit swap with us if we are giving no indication we need a QB?  Only reason I can think of is to make sure no one swaps with us, but even moving up one spot wont be cheap because how high up we both are.  

If we get a second out of it, I'm down with a swap, jus gotta imagine Detroit is willing to take that risk until someone threatens to seriously swap with us, like the Dolphins.

If it gets to that point, you almost have to take the Dolphins offer because of how much more you could get, Lions wont try to match that when they already have Stafford under contract, I dont believe they are that desperate.

I'll  buy what yall selling if Detroit proves they can get out the Stafford contract.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Why would Detroit swap with us if we are giving no indication we need a QB?  Only reason I can think of is to make sure no one swaps with us, but even moving up one spot wont be cheap because how high up we both are.  

If we get a second out of it, I'm down with a swap, jus gotta imagine Detroit is willing to take that risk until someone threatens to seriously swap with us, like the Dolphins.

If it gets to that point, you almost have to take the Dolphins offer because of how much more you could get, Lions wont try to match that when they already have Stafford under contract, I dont believe they are that desperate.

"Look, we've got Miami on the other line.  They want Tua and they're offering us an extra first, and both their seconds.  We really like Chase but we may like that even more.  However if you were to make us even a reasonable counter offer, we'd be glad to consider it."

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Tell you how crazy I am, I'd reach out to the Giants about trading up for Chase Young as long as we get more then the Griffin trade. 

They are terrible in free agency, killing their ability to draft for the next several years will keep them out of relevancy, basically neutralizing a division rival that we play twice a year. 

Think about it, they are so bad, Young may jus come sign here like Collins did when hes a free agent :evil:

The only thing worse than missing out on Chase Young would be having him go to a divisional rival and terrorizing us twice a year for the next decade.

The Giants would probably have to literally give me their entire drafts for the next 5 years.

22 minutes ago, carex said:

"Look, we've got Miami on the other line.  They want Tua and they're offering us an extra first, and both their seconds.  We really like Chase but we may like that even more.  However if you were to make us even a reasonable counter offer, we'd be glad to consider it."

Yep, who is our guy that will do this kind of negotiating? RR? My worry is that we are in a dream position and we don't have an experienced lead man....We should be floating all kinds of crap out there that our pick can be had just to see who bites, or how many teams bite. This is gonna be fun.

10 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Yep, who is our guy that will do this kind of negotiating? RR? My worry is that we are in a dream position and we don't have an experienced lead man....We should be floating all kinds of crap out there that our pick can be had just to see who bites, or how many teams bite. This is gonna be fun.

there's only one team ahead of us, phones are open.  They can call if they want

Archived