Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I'd heard of this, but damn if there's like 30+ countries that already do this (that i didnt know until jus now). Like UK, Japan, and even Russia.

Another program so "complicated" only we can't figure it out : /

The problem isn't that we can't figure it out, it's that lobbyists pay congress critters to **** us.

• Thumb up 1

I use TurboTax. It does a good job of walking you through the areas you need to hit based on your situation. The 2023 tax version allows you to upload docs, take pictures of docs and/or import them from a different source (brokerage account, bank account, etc.) I use QuickBooks Self Employed for work which integrates directly into TurboTax. TT also allows you to file directly with Fed & state. Good stuff...

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I can only imagine the uproar though if/when the IRS does taxes for people and tells them they owe $4k in taxes, plus penalties. 

Show me the carfax like every other country?

Payments and payment plans should only be through IRS and reasonable, no third parties trying to get a cut.

• Thumb up 2

So I was just at the gym squatting down in front of the preacher curl, rotating the weight that I had already done two sets with and some dude walks over and starts doing dumbbell curls right on my machine. I’m, you know, high, so I’m not going to kick up a fuss and I just politely move over to the next one and grab another barbell off the rack. And as I’m repping it out, like a beast, I realize that that 70 pounds that I had been doing was no longer challenging me, and then I realized that the 20 year depression I have been suffering from ever since my grandfather died is because the biggest lesson he had always tried to impart on me was to never stop challenging myself and I had done a great disrespect to his memory. I am having a major psychological breakthrough right now, and in fact, i’m seeing things clearly for the first time in 20 years. I don’t know how to explain it, but I have been living in a fog. I’m going to take some time away to do some deep self reflection and figure out what I have to do to get back to being the best version of sack and stuff. Love you guys. 

Whelp… Nevermind. that journey is over.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The Tysons bar scene, by the numbers. 

Men:  93%

Shaved head + beard or goatee:  60%

Tech Bro Vest:  50%

Air Pods, even though it is too loud for them to be useful:  40%

IPA: 99%

Way too much cologne:  maybe just one guy, but holy **** way too much cologne

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The Tysons bar scene, by the numbers. 

Men:  93%

Shaved head + beard or goatee:  60%

Tech Bro Vest:  50%

Air Pods, even though it is too loud for them to be useful:  40%

IPA: 99%

Way too much cologne:  maybe just one guy, but holy **** way too much cologne

I used to commute to Tyson’s daily. What hell.

7 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Jesus Christ people are stupid:

Don't call 911 to see if it works amid AT&T outage, Mass. State Police say

Amid the nationwide cellphone outage affecting AT&T's network on Thursday, people have "flooded" 911 centers in Massachusetts with calls, looking to see if those calls will work.

"Please do not do this," state police said on social media, adding that anyone who can place a phone call will be able to call 911 as well.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 2

OK, I'm tired of being spammed with requests for customer satisfaction surveys.  I go to the bank, they request I respond to a survey; I take a flight, they request I answer a quick survey; I rent a car, they request a rating; I get pest control service they request a rating; I go to the doctor, they ask how they did, etc., etc.  It's tedious and I'm not going to answer a survey for everything I do in life.  GTFOOH with that crap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Just now, China said:

OK, I'm tired of being spammed with requests for customer satisfaction surveys.  I go to the bank, they request I respond to a survey; I take a flight, they request I answer a quick survey; I rent a car, they request a rating; I get pest control service they request a rating; I go to the doctor, they ask how they did, etc., etc.  It's tedious and I'm not going to answer a survey for everything I do in life.  GTFOOH with that crap.

I agree, but you are pretty late to this party.  

This is in the same category as when in-person retailers ask me for an email address to buy something.  **** off, I want to exchange my money for this thing, you don't need to contact me later for any reason. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/18/2024 at 5:45 PM, PokerPacker said:

Only thing I know about that movie is that it was supposed to be terrible, and so I used it as a poll option when I was trolling the guy who put out a million topics for people to vote on the best movie from each year.

Edit: Since I basically never make threads, it was easy to find:

I see Wiggles voted for it back then, too.

I forgot all about Ron78 and his gazillion polls about every topic known to man.  

Edit: is his avatar pic a troll playing bagpipes? 

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

CNN going, “well, it could be cyber attacks, we have no evidence of it but it could be. There are really dark possibilities, but we have no evidence”

Now they talking about sunspots…. Gd.

I don't think they realize that their job is to report the news, not make it.

My hope is this makes us all do a double-take on rocketing forward with technologies and leaving their analog predecessors in the dust for extinction. 

We've gone so far to make the ridiculous assumption we don't need certain systems that could be used as a backup because the new bright and shinny BS we keep making.

I have a landlines for a reason, how many people in the country have one anymore?  Sure our technology gives the world we have possible now, but if we lean, too much in it, how quick will all this goes to **** if something happens to it?

Now we know not to assume things like our cell phones are infallible from the same regular f ups everything else in our civilization is susceptible to.  What we do with that, now on the same page, is totally a choice.