Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I usually just assign a face that makes sense to me since we don't see who we're talking to here. Pretty sure I just associated you with the WWE wrestler.

This sounds thread worthy...

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

The new KFC Chizza is mad good.

Had it on Tuesday and it's fried chicken with melted cheese and pepperoni on top.

image.jpeg.2a340983f22fd61cbe3f021010d5cb7d.jpeg

I thought about going back today but probably won't. Would recommend it though

This looks like somebody already ate it once. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Ix, next time you go to KFC, you should see if they'll make you a Double Down.

The KFC Double Down

Where You'd Get It:

KFC, and then again in hell.

Why You'd Get It:
We can no longer avoid the fact that our way of life is entirely unsustainable. Population is spiraling out of control and we are eating up resources at a rate faster than we are renewing them, and we have absolutely no planned fix for this. Our relationship to Earth isn't symbiotic. We are parasites, selfishly and thoughtlessly feeding off of this planet until both of us die.

What is it?

We've covered this death threat masquerading as a sandwich before, but it really requires special attention. Basically it's a bacon, cheese and fat sauce sandwich with pieces of fried chicken instead of buns. You can also get it with grilled chicken buns instead of fried chicken buns if you're trying to eat healthier, but you're not, because you hate yourself, and everyone you know will either die before you, leaving you alone, or live long enough after your death to completely forget about you.

Ordering:

I've had the KFC Double Down twice. The first time was during the day and, when I asked for it, the KFC clerk asked "Are you sure?" which I think they're legally obligated to do. Refusing to repeat myself, I simply expressed my seriousness by saying, "and a side of that buttery macaroni and cheese, for now." I let the "for now" linger itallically in the air as a way of letting her know that, if she questioned me again, I'd order a family style bucket of chicken faces, and then my death would be on her hands.

The second time I ordered the Double Down was at about 11:00 at night on a Wednesday and they didn't bat an eye. It takes a serious eater or a seriously depressed person to actively want a Double Down, and I guess they just expect that sort of customer to only come out at night.  "You want a Double Down? But it's 2:30, there's- there's so much to live for. Don't give up now."

Eating It:

Is it obvious to say "chickeny?" Because it's extremely chickeny, very salty and in no way worth it twice. As an affront to God, it is successful, but as a sandwich, it falls flat. By not making the bread the star of the show, it breaks a pretty fundamental sandwich rule in its lack of consideration for what goes in between the meat buns. I don't care if your buns are made of chicken or beef or gold-plated-arsenic; that's no excuse for skimping on the center of the sandwich. Ignoring the buns, the Double Down is a bacon/cheese sandwich with two pieces of bacon which (check your local Bacon Laws), is illegal. I found myself drowning in a sea of chicken-flavored chicken buns when all I wanted was a life raft of more bacon, cheese and fat sauce.

I'm saying I don't recommend it, but I'm also saying I already ate two of them.

Immediately After Eating It:

While the sandwich is undeniably dense, it's still very small, about a fistful of chicken all told. Even though I was full, my body still wanted more food because my mouth isn't used to not chewing after, like, four minutes of eating. Make sure you order a side dish, and most KFC's come equipped with a lawyer on retainer, so make sure he's there to help you make out your will.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I was like that with frog legs.  Memaw loved 'em, said they tasted like chicken, but I just couldn't do it.

I might be persuaded had they been fried. I've had escargot in France, they were fine

Another thing is gator. I am terrified of that. But they say it tastes like chicken...

On 7/29/2022 at 11:07 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

Good friend of mine was on Jeopardy tonight. He won easily. 

My boy Luigi is back on Jeopardy tonight for the Tournament of Champions.  WaPo even did a write up on him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2024/02/29/jeopardy-maryland-virginia-tournament-champions/

The episode, which will air Thursday night on ABC, has prompted headlines and social media posts hyping the matchup as a battle of brains between Maryland and Virginia. Belle, 38, and de Guzman, 43, have enjoyed the banter and played along.

Last week, Belle tweeted a story about the matchup, along with a crab emoji and a message: “It’s on, Virginia.” De Guzman laughed about the article, joking that he would definitely win if “Jeopardy!” ran a driving test.

“People that I know, they’re like, ‘Oh man, you [and Belle] must really hate each other,’” de Guzman said. “It’s totally not that at all.”

In fact, Belle and de Guzman are planning to watch the show together at a bar in Northwest Washington, along with family and friends.

A nice shade of Maryland drivers. 

Also, when I go to the grocery store, I don't mind if they have some music in the background, but I draw the ****ing line at dance music.  I don't need to hear 100% Pure Love by Crystal Waters while I'm trying to find the right pickles to get my sick wife.  The ****s next, C&C Music Factory?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Also, when I go to the grocery store, I don't mind if they have some music in the background, but I draw the ****ing line at dance music.  I don't need to hear 100% Pure Love by Crystal Waters while I'm trying to find the right pickles to get my sick wife.  The ****s next, C&C Music Factory?

I guess the obvious question is why are you shopping at the LGBTQ grocery store?

• Haha 1

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

I guess the obvious question is why are you shopping at the LGBTQ grocery store?

Sir, I find it offensive that you'd want to say that I'm shopping at an LGBTQ grocery store, especially when you've painted yourself as an ally to the LGBTQ community and are punching down when you're trying to make a joke.  Be the change you want to see and stop pretending like straight people can't support LGBTQ businesses by shopping there.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Sir, I find it offensive that you'd want to say that I'm shopping at an LGBTQ grocery store, especially when you've painted yourself as an ally to the LGBTQ community and are punching down when you're trying to make a joke.  Be the change you want to see and stop pretending like straight people can't support LGBTQ businesses by shopping there.

I am an ally, and I fully support them having a grocery store that caters to them, even if it makes sheltered middle aged white guys uncomfortable.  My question stands. If you support the business, why are you complaining about it?

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I am an ally, and I fully support them having a grocery store that caters to them, even if it makes sheltered middle aged white guys uncomfortable.  My question stands. 

Nowhere did I say that I was uncomfortable, counselor.  I just don't like ****ing Crystal Waters. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

That's ****ing PIGGLY WIGGLY, PB.  

I suspect the soundtrack at a Piggly Wiggly would be Ted Nugent.

Yes, I suspect heavy Ted Nugent and Jason Aldean rotation.  You know, what REAL MEN listen to. 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Have you tried going back to the middle and around again?

• Haha 2