Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

On 5/1/2022 at 7:03 AM, daveakl said:

Oh yeah. Totally ok now. Was at one of our kids soccer games and thought I had to let out a little gas. It wasn't all gas.

Haha, don't be worried, totally fine. If it was something bad I'd definitely add more.

Uh yeah. Glad we asked. haha.

How's the kiddo, by the way? Still doing well?

Job is requiring everyone to do this Harrassement training, it's nearly an hour long with clip after clip of really disturbing ****.

I'm not niave, I know this stuff happens everyday, but asking me to sit down through an hour of it straight as part of awareness is actually taking a toll in me in a way I wasn't expecting.

I'm not against required training on this topic. But it needs to be shorter and not force us to do it outside business hours like we don't have lives.

• Like 1

Been battling a nest of fire ants in the yard.  Spray it with poison, use the powder and bam they move ten feet.  After a half dozen episodes of this, the little ****s have waged their own offensive and moved into the house.  No freaking idea how they're getting in. At all.   Have to call in reinforcements today and nuke their sorry behinds.

They are amazing creatures, admirable when they're living in nature or even someone else's casa.  Ultimately dead when they live in mine.

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Job is requiring everyone to do this Harrassement training, it's nearly an hour long with clip after clip of really disturbing ****.

I'm not niave, I know this stuff happens everyday, but asking me to sit down through an hour of it straight as part of awareness is actually taking a toll in me in a way I wasn't expecting.

I'm not against required training on this topic. But it needs to be shorter and not force us to do it outside business hours like we don't have lives.

Mandatory training should definitely happen during business hours.

• Like 1

Entered a flash fiction contest at Escape Pod. They just put up the first batch of entrants this morning. So for the response to my story has been really positive. I think the winners are generated through crowd response, but I'm not sure.  All I know is I can read the stories and they stripped the names out for anonymity.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Entered a flash fiction contest at Escape Pod. They just put up the first batch of entrants this morning. So for the response to my story has been really positive. I think the winners are generated through crowd response, but I'm not sure.  All I know is I can read the stories and they stripped the names out for anonymity.

Good luck, Burgold!   What was the theme for the entries?