Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

I had several thick tower cases of CD's, and my ex (ex again) gf did something with 2 of them when our lease was close to up on our apt (it was a nasty split). Was never the same without them, until I bought my new car last summer that allowed me to DL the YouTube music app, so now it's like old times again.

• Like 3

One circle of hell would be going to a cigar shop, getting a nice stogie, settling in to one of the nice comfy leather seats only to find that the old guys there are talking about how the athletes from the 60s, 70s and 80s would wipe the floor with the guys today, how the NFL players were better back then and how there's no good players in the NBA or MLB.

Not that I would know this from experience or anything, I just happened to think of it.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Literally the day after LeBron had a triple double to seal the title.  I just didn't have the heart to lay into them.  Oldsters usually aren't interested in having their minds changed.  Just gotta let them be.

It feels like folks in our age range (30-40?) will be even worse than oldheads now. They might have to make it  a law not to debate "Michael Jordan vs Anybody" in like 40 years, to keep folks from dying of rage heart attacks 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Them lifestraws are wild. I’m not going to stick it in a dirty as river and drink. No thanks. That’s like me putting on a condom but putting it in clap infested ****. Even if the condom had 99.999% chance of blocking the clap I’m not doing it. 

Where are you using them?

I go backpacking and use life straws all the time. My wife does as well. You can usually fine a clean stream here and there. It beats lugging around 10 gallons of water when you are going on a multi day trip....although, I must admit, I do that as well...I never want to be dehydrated while enjoying nature. But, I usually get to a place, set up camp, and leave the heavier water there.

• Like 1

I must admit, that big cat vid is doing some things to me. I've always wanted to go on a long, deep, not exactly safe hike. 

Part of me feels like you haven't truly lived until you've nearly died (I've been robbed at gunpoint, but I'm talking about something more).

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I must admit, that big cat vid is doing some things to me. I've always wanted to go on a long, deep, not exactly safe hike. 

Part of me feels like you haven't truly lived until you've nearly died (I've been robbed at gunpoint, but I'm talking about something more).

I always wanted to hike the Pacific Crest Trail. Southern California to SW Canada. Definitely not safe and anything like that requires being armed. Deliverance Hillwilliams, bears, n mountain lions oh my.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Reminds me of the 98 Caps.  We got to the finals knowing we'd probably get swept.  We did.  Red Wings were stupidly stacked.

RW hater here. **** everyone of them. 

Edit, add:  cept #9 

Edited by skinsmarydu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Have to admit, since I accepted defeat before game 1 even started...I still watched just to see an all time squad at work.  A lot of people think that was the best team ever.

Battled the other best ever...Peter & Joe. :wub: 

Whenever I hear the name "Hatcher" , or anything that sounds like it, I turn into :taz:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, clietas said:

I always wanted to hike the Pacific Crest Trail. Southern California to SW Canada. Definitely not safe and anything like that requires being armed. Deliverance Hillwilliams, bears, n mountain lions oh my.

YES

I remember when that show I Shouldn't Be Alive came out, and you get all those crazy stories from people living on the edge. I want a little bit of that. Not even half. Or a quarter. Just a little bit.

• Like 1

Windows Defender can lick my balls. I absolutely hate it. (it runs the built-in anti-spyware) 

I honestly couldn't count how many times and in how many ways I've disabled or deleted Windows Defender from various Windows 10 machines. 

This one laptop... for some goddamm reason it'll just magically reinstall Windows Defender on every update. Somehow it even overrides and deletes my registry edit of NO ANTIVIRUS. NO WINDOWS DEFENDER. PLEASE NO. DISABLE. (dramatized) Unfortunately I can't just disable the security updates and run an earlier version of Windows either. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It does, but I think im getting the regular, non-pro, version. Seems to me that the Pro just adds a fancier camera, which I don’t really need. Feedback welcome. 

You can afford the fancy camera.  And your kids are welcome here.  Share it, dude.