Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Nashville seems awesome. I drove through it heading to Memphis 3 years ago. It lit up in the distance like the Emerald City from Wizard of Oz. All sparkly and ****.

I could live off of Hattie B's Nashville Hot Chicken....that **** is delicious :ols: 

Downtown gets old after you do it a few times since the same bands play the same sets, they just alternate bars every night

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

What's the scoop?

Upscale neighborhood that is close to my firm’s Chicago office.  Neighborhood-y, but just outside of Chicago’s urban core. Great restaurants and bars, plus a gigantic park for the kids.  Close to everything Chicago has to offer, and I love Chicago when it’s not winter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds awesome. I really should use my savings to go back to school. Maybe IT. It'll be stressful af but I'm single with no kids.

Feels like I've wasted three years of my life getting firearms training, CPR certification, etc, with nothing to show for it. There's soooooo much more $$ to be made in IT tho

Thanks for the advice, PB 👊. My mom has (for years) said I could move back in with her in Miami. I just haven't because I've been parent free living for 12 years now. Once you get that freedom...

But it would be plenty of space, and I could easily find a low key security gig that would allow me plenty of downtime to get schoolwork done. Might be just what I need to get started.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Thanks for the advice, PB 👊. My mom has (for years) said I could move back in with her in Miami. I just haven't because I've been parent free living for 12 years now. Once you get that freedom...

But it would be plenty of space, and I could easily find a low key security gig that would allow me plenty of downtime to get schoolwork done. Might be just what I need to get started.

Florida tho...

Drunks, hurricane evacs, skeeters the size of hummingbirds, snakes up the toilet, psychos meandering, vacationers.

My dad loved it in the 60s.  Had an offer to Nebraska, chose The U, Nebraska won the Chip while he was playing.

These are things to ponder for months and years.  My favorite workout is shoveling snow.  Another incentive.

Lived there for the first 7 years of my life. And most of my mom's side of the family is  there. My sis moved back in '10 to go to FIU. Spiders and lizards are generally the most annoying to me. Especially at night.

My cousins can be too gutter tho. Would have to avoid a few of them lol.

• Haha 1

Last week, was breaking off the ice in the beer fridge I have in the mancave.  It's at least 10 years old, snagged at Walmart, has one of those stupid little freezers in it that would do good to hold two boxes of hot pockets. It's never used and the ice builds up on it on the outside.  

So I had just packed it full of beer on the lower shelf and to the side of the top shelf where the freezer hangs down.  Grabbed a hammer, screwdriver, bucket and started chipping away at the ice.  Was almost done, and when I hit the screwdriver it way too easily went all the way to the back and I punctured the Freon line...........

I was so pissed, wife was mad at me because I ignored her the week before telling me to empty it and let it defrost on the back porch.  Ordered a new one that is just a beverage cooler without no stinking freezer.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Haha 3

I had a place in Coral Gables, vacation place. I had my clothes there and a car, all I had to do was jump on a plane. I was very close to the airport, the beaches, and Coconut Grove. I was in my 40s. Great time, kid left at home, party all the time. As a night owl, dinner at 10 pm was perfect. 

Maui is my spiritual home, visited 3 times and almost bought a place there, instead bought in Coral Gables. Wish I was living there now, no tourists. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Fyi Maui has tourists again. They opened up last week with strict covid guidelines. You have to have and show a negative naat covid test results with 72 hours of landing or you have to quarentine for 14 days. 

I did read that, it really was paradise for a few months. Love that place.

8 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I did read that, it really was paradise for a few months. Love that place.

The locals largely need the tourism though. It's a delicate balance but a lot of the economy on that island is dependent on outsiders. 

We go every year as we have a time share there. Definitely my favorite place to relax. 

• Like 1

What's been everyone's experience with the mail delays ?

I know the reason why, and it involves a subject we can't discuss in this thread. But I just wanted to hear other experiences, to put mine in perspective.

Like, what's the longest delay you've experienced waiting for a USPS package, recently ? Did you ever have one completely lost, or just really late ?

And do you just wait it out ? Or have you found that it helps to file a missing package report with them ?