Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

I disagree I think she looks overweight.  Her arms are kinda large and she looks doughy up around her neck and chest.  Again, I didn't say she is obese but that she is overweight.

I think different bodies are different

what you describe as signs of being overweight is what happened to my wife. And she wasn’t and isn’t overweight. 

I can’t tell from the picture if she is overweight. But I also can’t tell how you can be so sure she is. 

generally speaking there is a healthy amount of weight gain and above that is considered unhealthy but that really requires knowing the persons body to know what is what (ie: being her or her doctor) and even then not ever woman’s body processes pregnancy the same way

ive seen it wreck a body and I’ve seen 8 month pregnant women that look exactly the same except it appears they swallowed and inflated beach ball

🤷‍♂️

Edited by tshile

Good luck with that:

No Alcohol for 2 Months, Russia Tells Coronavirus Vaccine Recipients

Recipients of Russia’s Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine should abstain from alcohol for nearly two months before and after immunization, the head of Russia’s consumer safety watchdog said Tuesday.

Rospotrebnadzor head Anna Popova’s instructions follow Deputy Prime Minister Tatyana Golikova’s recommendations to avoid alcohol and immunosuppressants for 42 days because the two-shot vaccine is administered with a 21-day gap between doses.

“The intake of alcohol needs to stop at least two weeks prior to immunization,” Popova said in an interview with Radio Komsomolskaya Pravda.

Recipients should then abstain from alcohol for “42 days after the first injection,” Popova added. “Immunity is being formed and one needs to take care.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

I disagree I think she looks overweight.  Her arms are kinda large and she looks doughy up around her neck and chest.  Again, I didn't say she is obese but that she is overweight.

My wife just had our second kid.  She weighed about 20lbs more this entire pregnancy than she did for our first son 5 years ago.  This woman looks larger than my wife did when she gave birth 4 months ago.

I know what pregnant women look like.

Oh, and I'd never tell my wife she was overweight, I'm not that stupid.  Although she knew she was too and brought it up sometimes.  I kind of just nodded and kept my mouth shut.

EDIT:

The problem with America now is that we are so used to everyone being overweight that it now looks normal to be overweight.

She doesn't seem much less healthy than most Americans....  Follow the logic.

Edited by visionary

Just now, visionary said:

She doesn't seem much less healthy than most Americans....  Follow the logic.

Well ... yeah.  

That is probably part of the reason our numbers are far worse than everywhere else because as a whole we are an extremely unhealthy country.

The doctors/scientists have stated that being overweight is not a good mixture for getting covid.

On 12/8/2020 at 4:53 PM, China said:

And how many more have to die before the rest of these idiots wake up to reality?

What Changes Minds About Masks? In This Small Town, It Was A Child's Death

In August, local officials in Washington, Mo., a small city an hour west of St. Louis, voted against requiring residents to wear masks to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

On Nov. 23, with COVID-19 cases surging and the local hospital overflowing, the City Council brought a mask order back for another vote. As protesters marched outside, Councilman Nick Obermark, an electrician, was the sole member of the nonpartisan council to change his vote, causing the mandate to pass.

One of his many reasons? He has a child the same age as Washington Middle School student Peyton Baumgarth, 13, who on Halloween became the youngest person in Missouri to die of COVID-19 complications.

"That hit pretty hard," Obermark said later. Though the councilman doesn't like wearing a mask, he said it's worth it to prevent even one or two people from getting COVID-19.

Washington became the latest community to flip its stance on masks and other restrictions while the coronavirus ravages the country.

Click on the link for the full article

Unfortunately, these people lack intelligence and empathy. A lot more people are going to have to die before they wise up.

27 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm afraid 1million could die, and it still wouldn't register

Hopefully, it will be more of their ignorant neighbors. That is the only way these people will learn: if it affects them directly or if they see it with their own eyes.

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Hopefully, it will be more of their ignorant neighbors. That is the only way these people will learn: if it affects them directly or if they see it with their own eyes.

If people can be near death, and still ignorant,  its basically pointless, imo. Gotta look out for ourselves, and let the people that are too stupid to get it, deal with the consequences themselves 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

New Data Reveal Which Hospitals Are Dangerously Full. Is Yours?

The federal government on Monday released detailed hospital-level data showing the toll COVID-19 is taking on health care facilities, including how many inpatient and ICU beds are available on a weekly basis.

Using an analysis from the University of Minnesota's COVID-19 Hospitalization Tracking Project, NPR has created a tool that allows you to see how your local hospital and your county overall are faring.

(Jump to look-up tool.)

Click on the link for more

• Sad 1

Wife says the numbers for hers and the ones she’s aware of are all over the place. Some are right some are way off. 

seems like general hospital capacity is off across the board but the rest are either on or close enough for the most part. 

she had some of the numbers by being off by 1/3 of the actual number. 

(although a 7 day moving average may explain why they appear off to her. Living it day to day probably seems different than 1 number to represent a 7 day average...)

((were also unclear what some of these numbers mean. Particularly capacity. There’s different ways to measure it and we can’t figure out how to make their numbers make sense.))

Edited by tshile
  • Thanks 1

Has the media reported on POIs (person of interest) with the covid numbers? I haven’t seen it but I don’t follow the media much for covid. Whatever media stuff I see pretty much comes from this thread. 

If not, then one day (when we’re past this to whatever extent that means) there will be a report made available to the general public about this whole thing and part of it will discuss POIs. These are people identified and suspected of potentially having covid but not being a confirmed case. 

it’ll be interesting to see how bad it actually was (confirmed cases) to how bad it potentially could have been (confirmed cases + whatever % of POIs you want to consider for your point)

the post game analysis on this (the pandemic in general) is going to be fascinating (once you get past the tragedy, obviously)

(other regions/hospitals/states may use a different term/acronym)

Edited by tshile

11 hours ago, purbeast said:

I'm not trying to make light of the situation at all, but that woman is clearly overweight so to say she has "no underlying health issues" is a bit misleading.

They have been saying that obesity and being overweight is really bad if you get covid.  She doesn't look like she's super obese or anything but she is clearly overweight, regardless of being pregnant.

If this is the standard of “underlying health issue” we are all dead.   It’s scary your first thought was “yea, she was fat though”.  

5 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

If this is the standard of “underlying health issue” we are all dead.   It’s scary your first thought was “yea, she was fat though”.  

The thing is, rona doesn't care whether you think being overweight is an underlying condition or not.  It knows it is an underlying condition and people who are overweight are at more risk than those people that are not overweight.

10 minutes ago, purbeast said:

The thing is, rona doesn't care whether you think being overweight is an underlying condition or not.  It knows it is an underlying condition and people who are overweight are at more risk than those people that are not overweight.

And people who are 30 are more at risk than people who are 20  

This fact, however, does not justify claiming that that 30 year old person deserved to die from it. Nor posts attempting to defend such, by claiming that the virus agrees with the poster. 

Or even page-long hijacks debating whether a woman is or is not overweight. 

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

And people who are 30 are more at risk than people who are 20  

This fact, however, does not justify claiming that that 30 year old person deserved to die from it. Nor posts attempting to defend such, by claiming that the virus agrees with the poster. 

Or even page-long hijacks debating whether a woman is or is not overweight. 

Who said anything about someone deserving to die from it?  

If you don't want to talk about it then don't quote a discussion about it.

• Like 1