Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

My friend told me this earlier this morning.  Quite frankly, there've been so many rumors about things going well in trials that haven't materialized (a lot of which have been documented in this thread) so I'm remaining skeptical until something is being released to the public and is legit.

You can read the report in New England Journal of Medicine here.

The Phase 3 trial is slated to start July 27.

Even if all goes well, public vaccine is unrealistic before next summer.

Just now, Springfield said:

Plus, even once a vaccine is released, it’s not like everyone can be vaccinated at once. It’ll take months and months to vaccinate everyone even at 100% efficiency.

Won't able to vaccinate everyone.

7-9% ish of Americans were already anti-vaxxers before covid. A third of Americans don't believe vaccines should be required.  (also pre-covid)

Im also assuming a vaccine won't be free. How many Americans won't be able to afford one?

12 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Won't able to vaccinate everyone.

7-9% ish of Americans were already anti-vaxxers before covid. A third of Americans don't believe vaccines should be required.  (also pre-covid)

Im also assuming a vaccine won't be free. How many Americans won't be able to afford one?

Keeps coming back to the question of what the point is. This thing is so contagious and people will be getting vaccinated at such a low rate, that it seems almost moot.

I'll trust what the medical professionals are saying, and I'll get my vaccine when I can.

Can't help but feel like we're just going to let this thing burn through society and be done with it.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

That FL lawmaker Anthony Sabatini being interviewed on CNN now is an idiot.

He says Florida is fine. He suing to challenge any mask order constitutionally.

I just watched it; what an idiot. I noticed he basically wouldn't give a real answer when asked what exactly it was that made him refuse to wear a mask in places like the grocery store. He just sort of talked around it, but we all know the real reason: that's the sign of his loyalty to Trump.

I'm posting and following a page on FB regarding wearing masks in Texas at Walmart.  Some stupid guy said that you can't wear a mask with a concealed carry license and disparaged the paper Chinese masks. This after I posted about wearing a mask today and that it's not just for my protection but for others too.

This is my reply:

I don't have concealed carry license nor do I wear the Chinese paper masks. If it's that important to you to tote around a firearm to prove what a big man you are, maybe you should just stay home and let the little woman do your shopping for you!

• Like 5

was in four small towns around the state capitol today...sunny day....late morning thru late afternoon....not bustling, but busy enough....maybe 1/4 of people out and about had masks...not many crowded up but where there were people at play areas or little parks  with kids the social distancing practice was poor....people clustered up here and there, you could tell  they weren't all one party and socializing with no masks anywhere in that case...same at a popular sport by a river close by and at a hwy rest stop....two close by tiny-town sports bars had min-outbreaks and one radio station said a local church group doing a 4th of july freedom party got hit too...these are all small numbers of course....just a field report :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I'm posting and following a page on FB regarding wearing masks in Texas at Walmart.  Some stupid guy said that you can't wear a mask with a concealed carry license and disparaged the paper Chinese masks. This after I posted about wearing a mask today and that it's not just for my protection but for others too.

This is my reply:

I don't have concealed carry license nor do I wear the Chinese paper masks. If it's that important to you to tote around a firearm to prove what a big man you are, maybe you should just stay home and let the little woman do your shopping for you!

Haha! I had one lady say that she can't wear a mask in a store because she has a health issue. I believe my reply was something like "if you have a serious enough health condition to the point that you can't wear a mask, you shouldn't be in the grocery store during a pandemic at all.". I find it funny that people are using health excuses (weak ones) to avoid wearing a mask...which will keep them healthy.

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Haha! I had one lady say that she can't wear a mask in a store because she has a health issue. I believe my reply was something like "if you have a serious enough health condition to the point that you can't wear a mask, you shouldn't be in the grocery store during a pandemic at all.". I find it funny that people are using health excuses (weak ones) to avoid wearing a mask...which will keep them healthy.

Well the mask is more to keep everyone else healthy, not so much the wearer.  Not wearing a mask is more selfish rather than self-harm.

• Like 1

California shatters record with more than 11,000 new coronavirus cases in one day

California reported its largest number of new coronavirus infections in a single day Tuesday, hospitalizations hit a new high and deaths approached record levels as the state continued to lose ground in its battle against COVID-19.

The 11,142 cases recorded Tuesday were easily the most confirmed in any one day since the pandemic began, surpassing the previous record of 9,816 on July 9, according to data from The Times’ coronavirus tracker.

The state has now reported at least 9,000 new coronavirus cases in a day five times — all since July 7.

Statewide, more than 6,700 patients who’ve tested positive for COVID-19 are hospitalized, according to the latest official data. That, too, is a new high.

Officials also announced 144 additional COVID-19 fatalities Tuesday, the state’s second-highest single-day death toll.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I work in peoples houses and a person said to me today “Well, your’e wearing a mask so i don’t need one”... i frowned on the inside.

Let the record show that the pandemic has dramatically improved CC84's posts.

😛