Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

Read something earlier that said that Covid is thought to come in 6 different varieties that come with different symptoms and severity. Also, it's thought that Covid may essentially fade and the symptoms will become so mild that it will be impossible to tell the difference between that and the common cold (which itself is simply other types of coronavirus).

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/17/covid-19-symptoms-falls-into-six-different-groupings-study-finds-coronavirus

11 hours ago, drowland said:

Trump has no problem threatening states to reopen their economies.  He has no problem threatening states to reopen schools.  He has no problem threatening to send in the national guard to stop BLM protesters.  But he won't threaten to mandate masks which would positively impact at least 2 of the other 3 situations.  He says he's fine with masks and thinks their great but for some reason keeps pointing back to what Fauci and other experts said early on about not wearing them.  So therefore he doesn't want to mandate it because they may be wrong again?  Who cares what Fauci and others said back in March/April.  Look at what they're saying now and look at what other countries have done to bury this virus.  It is insanity!

If Trump had simply promoted masks and worn one himself we would see a small fraction of the pushback.  The only good from all of this is what will happen to the GOP candidates come November, starting with the President.  He somehow found a way to lose a 2nd term against another terrible Dem candidate.   

4 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

He somehow found a way to lose a 2nd term against another terrible Dem candidate.   

Out of sheer curiosity, what is "terrible" about Joe Biden? (I'll start with "okay, maybe not quite what we wanted".)

But terrible?? 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

If Trump had simply promoted masks and worn one himself we would see a small fraction of the pushback.  The only good from all of this is what will happen to the GOP candidates come November, starting with the President.  He somehow found a way to lose a 2nd term against another terrible Dem candidate.   

Trump being the brand marketing genius he is, I'm surprised he didn't jump on MAGA masks idea.  He could have given out millions of masks for free and gotten ahead of the game.  But instead he fell behind and now any mandate or strong push for mask wearing by him means he's giving into Pelosi and the Dems.  But hey, threatening to take away funds for children's education sure sounds like a winning idea.  #winning 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Out of sheer curiosity, what is "terrible" about Joe Biden? (I'll start with "okay, maybe not quite what we wanted".)

But terrible?? 

He is not as terrible as Hillary but it's clear that he has lost a few MPH on his fastball.  He will appear old and a bit slow when he finally gets on stage and campaigns.  If he had run in 2016 he would have wiped the floor with Trump but now he's a different man and Trump will utilize this. 

Jesus christ. I'm like 2 minutes into this video here and holy **** it's almost unwatchable.

Wallace: "The EU has us on a travel ban"

Trump: "Well I had them on a travel ban first! Neener neener neener!"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-pushes-back-against-critics-on-coronavirus-addresses-whether-he-will-accept-election-results-in-exclusive-interview

5 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Jesus christ. I'm like 2 minutes into this video here and holy **** it's almost unwatchable.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-pushes-back-against-critics-on-coronavirus-addresses-whether-he-will-accept-election-results-in-exclusive-interview

"Thank God I built most of the wall or we'd have mass amounts of Covid Mexicans pouring over the border."  Trump saved us so shut it. ;)

55 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

He is not as terrible as Hillary but it's clear that he has lost a few MPH on his fastball.  He will appear old and a bit slow when he finally gets on stage and campaigns.  If he had run in 2016 he would have wiped the floor with Trump but now he's a different man and Trump will utilize this. 

I think you're giving Trump too much credit, besides...people in glass houses...

• Thanks 4

8 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

@drowland

AA++ post. Truly noteworthy. He had every chance to turn a failure into a success, but his very stable genius mind failed him. 

And he'll never admit it. His gravestone will probably say something stupid. Mark my words. 

That's something I also find so ironic about this whole thing. In late December/early January Trump basically had a path re-election handed to him on a platter. All he had to do was take COVID-19 seriously, listen to the scientists, and move immediately to allow full mitigation and containment efforts with a massive national testing and tracing strategy. If he'd have done that we'd likely be at a fraction of the deaths and he'd quite possibly be at 60% approval and coasting to a win in November because much of the country would have rallied around him and stayed rallied around him, as they generally do in times of national disasters.

The guy simply can't get out of his own way.

7 hours ago, purbeast said:

Funny/sad thing is that the MAGAs will still cheer and say he "completely owned" Wallace. I quickly took a look on Breitbart and that's pretty much exactly what's happening. Trump could literally put his fingers in his ears and yell "POO POO PEE PEE! YOU'RE A FART FACE! YOU'RE A DOODIE HEAD!" for the entirety of the interview and they'd say he completely "outclassed" and "owned" the interviewer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

^^^. Very misleading tweet.  The Governor wanted to make her from saying her authority is X,Y, and Z.  Not just from making statements at all.  She lost a lot of respect in my book.  I hate when those that are in the right try to twist things to make their position look stronger/worse/whatever.  Just be clear and truthful.  Let the situation defend itself.

”The truth is like a lion, it doesn’t need defending.  Set it loose and it will defend itself.”

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Trump but now he's a different man and Trump will utilize this. 

What has trump been able to utilize other than the fears of racist people?  He has had several layups and failed to capitalize on any of the, and, in fact, undertook the worst course possible. 

25 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

^^^. Very misleading tweet.  The Governor wanted to make her from saying her authority is X,Y, and Z.  Not just from making statements at all.  She lost a lot of respect in my book.  I hate when those that are in the right try to twist things to make their position look stronger/worse/whatever.  Just be clear and truthful.  Let the situation defend itself.

”The truth is like a lion, it doesn’t need defending.  Set it loose and it will defend itself.”

Well, it would also block her from saying he was wrong. If she can’t say do x y or z, then she can’t disagree publicly with the governor.  Those sort of rules seem more at home in countries like Iran or China.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Well count me as having a great deal more respect for her. He wants to gag her. So right now it's starting with her not saying she has certain authorities. Do you really think that trying to tell her she can't talk to the press at all  isn't next.

I live here in Atl. And I support my mayor over the lying piece of **** kemp who stole the election. The cooperation between Abramms and Bottoms would have been amazing and we might have a lot less Georgians who have died due to the pandemic. Instead he cheated his way to Gov. **** him and the horse he road in.  Hope he rots in hell for the ignorance and hate and division he has sowed while our mayor has done her job and literally saved lives.

And let's talk about why all this is happening between them. kemp is a trump lap dog who suddenly decided to sign the executive order and file the lawsuit against her the day after trump was here because she called trump out for not wearing a mask. Then he files the gag order. The Mayor of Athens did the exact same thing. Where is the gag order? Where is the law suit? What about the mayor of Savannah? Did the same and no lawsuit and no gag order. They both came right out and said they plan to ignore the EO as they do not recognize his authority - harsher language than Mayor Bottoms who at least tried to stay professional. Could all this be because she also is now on the short list for VP?

So you want to lose some respect over a ****ing tweet go for it. Seems like you are just looking for a reason as that seems pretty petty. In the meantime I will continue to support the person who actually gives a **** about people. Her shutting the city down 2 1/2 weeks before kemp did the state likely saved 1000s of lives. She has my vote for any office she runs for. In case I didn't already say it, **** kemp, lying piece of ****ing garbage!!

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 7

8 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I’ve been vacationing in the Bahamas regularly since 1985.  It’s a beautiful country filled with amazing people and most of its prosperity is built on US tourism.

To actually be alive in a world where US citizens are banned from the Bahamas is almost beyond surreal...and it’s all because of Florida.  At the same time Trump was bailing out Cruise lines and Airlines he was cutting them off at the knees.

It boggles the mind.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

How exactly is it misleading? The entire context was already established as being about Covid. The fact that he's trying to prevent a mayor from speaking to the press about what the order says is insane. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1