Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

15 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

A large part of our national failure to respond to this crisis is that Donald Trump viewed it through the lens of how it was affecting him, his tenure in office, and his campaign. His every public statement  reflected that. 

That’s what we get when we elect a sociopath to the nation’s highest office. 

well, the ultimate expression of "the problem" is all the people who from day one liked anything, let alone love everything, about that orange lump of malevolent toxicity...and even all of those who, out of hate for dems/hillary or not, found some reason(s) to vote for him, no matter what they were...how anyone misses what an existentially disgusting and dangerous assclown he is and long has been says a world about their 'thinking'

big differences between the "omg no, no trump, not ever " and the "well, yeah, trump, becuase..." population

as big as those between neanderthal and cro-magnon? inquiring minds want to know

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

So, we are ****ed.   I think when this is all said and done next year or later; we will hit that 1 to 2 million initial projections of

dead.

Are you talking worldwide? Right now, where is it, 500-600k?

In the US, initial range was 100-240k with social distancing and all. Daunting numbers to be sure, but I'm optimistic we will stay in that range.

5 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

In the US, initial range was 100-240k with social distancing and all. Daunting numbers to be sure, but I'm optimistic we will stay in that range.

You would hope so but there's a real good chance we're looking at a repeat of April coming up. I don't think 500k but coming close to 240k or even surpassing that this year wouldn't surprise me.

26 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Well we’re already past 130k and have more daily new cases now than we did in March/April and we aren’t locking things back down, so I’ve got good money on 350k+ deaths by the end of Sept. 

• Like 2

I mean, I agree that countries should absolutely be sharing information, including related to a vaccine, to help control this pandemic. But the above tweet is like saying it's ok to steal someone else's car because they have one and you don't, and you really want to get somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I mean, I agree that countries should absolutely be sharing information, including related to a vaccine, to help control this pandemic. But the above tweet is like saying it's ok to steal someone else's car because they have one and you don't, and you really want to get somewhere.

That is a very generous reading.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

That is a very generous reading.

Well...it's Friday, I'm getting off work early, I have some good beer in the fridge, and I got my busted central AC replaced yesterday which feels wonderful now. 

So I'm in a pretty magnanimous mood today.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I love how the title says they're in lockdown, and then you read the article and it says they're not.  SMH.

Barcelona plunged into lockdown - 1.6 million told to STAY HOME as second wave hits Spain

Residents of Barcelona, which is Spain's second largest city with a population of 1.6 million people, were urged to stay home and not gather in groups of more than 10 on Friday. But authorities stopped short of imposing a mandatory lockdown. 

Catalonia's health chief Alba Verges told a news conference: "We recommend that people don't move around if it's not absolutely necessary. 

"It is very important to respect these measures now, it's the best way to avoid a lockdown."

Residents were urged to shop online and cultural and sports events will also be limited.

Click on the link for the full article