Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

I say bring the press conferences back, let the networks show the world how moronic this man can be. I wish I had known that all we needed to take down Trump, was to let this douche spout off, uninterrupted everyday about stuff he doesn't understand...which is everything.

13 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Been going to the gym in Springfield for a couple weeks now. Fairfax County has been basically flat for the last month or two. I’d love to see it drop down but so far the R0 numbers here have been around 1. Hope the rest of the state doesn’t drag us down with them.

Yeah I'm wary about this as well. I live in Ashburn and I went to my gym over the weekend for the first time since the shutdown and within 10 minutes was like "nope" and walked out. They actually are truly doing their best to keep things as safe as possible as far as occupancy, sanitizing, equipment distance, and emphasizing social distancing.

But people are goddamn morons, doubly so in gyms. And a ton of people there were just going about business as usual and completely ignoring the guidelines. I didn't feel good about it at all.

I decided to do something I've been thinking about for a while...bite the bullet and buy a power cage, a good power barbell, and a bunch of quality plates. I already have a bench and dumbbells + kettlebells in my garage but those aren't as good for big lifts obviously.

Anyway, this voluntary **** isn't going to get it done in 'Murica. People are just too stupid, pigheaded, and at least 30% of them would light their own genitals on fire if Trump told them it was a good thing to do.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I'm wary about this as well. I live in Ashburn and I went to my gym over the weekend for the first time since the shutdown and within 10 minutes was like "nope" and walked out. They actually are truly doing their best to keep things as safe as possible as far as occupancy, sanitizing, equipment distance, and emphasizing social distancing.

But people are goddamn morons, doubly so in gyms. And a ton of people there were just going about business as usual and completely ignoring the guidelines. I didn't feel good about it at all.

I decided to do something I've been thinking about for a while...bite the bullet and buy a power cage, a good power barbell, and a bunch of quality plates. I already have a bench and dumbbells + kettlebells in my garage but those aren't as good for big lifts obviously.

Anyway, this voluntary **** isn't going to get it done in 'Murica. People are just too stupid, pigheaded, and at least 30% of them would light their own genitals on fire if Trump told them it was a good thing to do.

I’ve only been going 2-3 times a week as of now. Mainly for chest and arms. Lately, I’ve noticed more and more people wearing face coverings while working out.

Of course it’s Monday, so every moron and asshole is going to be in that place I’m sure.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I’ve only been going 2-3 times a week as of now. Mainly for chest and arms. Lately, I’ve noticed more and more people wearing face coverings while working out.

Of course it’s Monday, so every moron and asshole is going to be in that place I’m sure.

Great. 

so in addition to generally having reservations about the quality of the virtual learning “platform” for my county, I can be even moreso because they’ll have less money to do it with

awesome. Thanks assholes.

redshirting sounds better by the day. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I like how now, all of a sudden, wearing a mask is a form of Patriotism. What a **** head. 

I still love those Trump bootlickers who tweeted out photos of Trump wearing a mask in a hospital and saying "Joe Biden is finished".   :ols:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I say bring the press conferences back, let the networks show the world how moronic this man can be. I wish I had known that all we needed to take down Trump, was to let this douche spout off, uninterrupted everyday about stuff he doesn't understand...which is everything.

We all knew that, just a lot of people assumed it would be so easy for Hillary to beat this guy a lot of people didnt feel the need to make sure at the polls.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Masks are required in my gym.  I still don't think I will be going any time really soon unless I start to see MD numbers go back down a bit.  I may check it out next week though like middle of the day to see how many people are there.  I used to go around 2:30pm after work and it would be fairly quiet most of the days so I'm hoping now it's still like that.  They don't have water fountains on though so I'll have to bring a damn gallon of water when I go.

Oh, and nobody ... NOBODY is saying it's patriotic to wear a mask.  What the **** is that dumbass even talking about?

Edited by purbeast

31 minutes ago, tshile said:

Honestly if it gets them to start wearing masks then leave it alone 

that ****s not worth it. Other thing we can make fun of. 

Agreed, if Trump supporters start getting called out by other Trump supporters for not wearing a mask, let them sort that out.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Agreed, if Trump supporters start getting called out by other Trump supporters for not wearing a mask, let them sort that out.

I'm actually curious how the anti-maskers will react. Will they immediately go along with the Dear Leader or will they continue fighting the oppressive scourge of wearing light face coverings in public and claim that Trump is just doing it to "own the libs" or something. 

Just now, mistertim said:

I'm actually curious how the anti-maskers will react. Will they immediately go along with the Dear Leader or will they continue fighting the oppressive scourge of wearing light face coverings in public and claim that Trump is just doing it to "own the libs" or something. 

From what I'm seeing online, even Fox is acknowledging it as a capitulation.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-tweets-photo-of-himself-wearing-coronavirus-mask-nobody-more-patriotic-than-me

As usual, twitter comments are useless, but to answer your question, folks will get used to not being able to do anything unless they wear a mask.  They will complain, and this again is a chance for Trump to start selling MAGA masks, something he should've done in March.

I'll be in Hampton Roads either late July or early August, actions speak loud then words so ill see for myself if folks have accepted it, but I don't expect them to buy in if they don't want to.

Let's be real, no one wants to wear a mask everywhere they go.  A lot of us are just putting up with it because it is what it is, their will always be childish temper tantrum morons out there where it isn't about a mask, it's about being told to do something they don't want to do.

The numbers should start to convince folks to accept the masks now that Trump has, that's what makes sense if States like Texas are running out of ICU beds.  It's not a hoax or a blue state problem anymore, Walmart has spoken.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Trumps own internal polling must show the same as the national polls. This is such a huge reversal 

My hope is his base realizes they are getting played and collapses.  Wishful thinking, but not unpossible...

• Like 1

The Washington Nationals announced on Monday that Dr. Anthony Fauci will throw out the first pitch on Thursday when they open their season against the New York Yankees.

The director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases is the nation’s leading voice in the COVID-19 pandemic and has weighed in regularly on the return of sports amid the pandemic.

He’s also a big Nationals fan.

The Nats' statement:

“Dr. Fauci has been a true champion for our country during the COVID-19 pandemic and throughout his distinguished career, so it is only fitting that we honor him as we kick off the 2020 season and defend our World Series Championship title."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dr-anthony-fauci-to-throw-out-first-pitch-at-nationals-opening-day-202817323.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1