Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

I just watched my first Covid briefing and it will be my last.  Trump has to be the dumbest ****ing ****hole ****er on the entire planet.  I nearly threw my remote at my TV about 9043802 times cause he is so ****ing dumb.

Now you know why I stopped watching any of his briefings or speeches months ago.  To continue to watch them would likely give me an aneurysm.

giphy.gif

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

I just watched my first Covid briefing and it will be my last.  Trump has to be the dumbest ****ing ****hole ****er on the entire planet.  I nearly threw my remote at my TV about 9043802 times cause he is so ****ing dumb.

I stopped watching after it became a campaign event instead of his usual Covid-19 lies.   All about his event in Jacksonville and how great it's going to be ad nauseam. 

• Like 1

U.S. surpasses 4 million COVID-19 cases as hospitalizations near record

The US on Thursday surpassed 4 million officially recorded Covid-19 cases — and a quarter of that count came in just the last 15 days.

The country’s rising daily rate of confirmed coronavirus cases, along with a near-record number of hospitalizations, signals the US is far from containing a virus that is straining hospitals and labs, health experts say.

“We’ve rolled back essentially two months’ worth of progress with what we’re seeing in number of cases … in the United States,” Dr. Ali Khan, dean of the University of Nebraska Medical Center’s College of Public Health, told CNN on Thursday.

About 59,600 people were hospitalized with Covid-19 in the US on Wednesday — roughly 300 short of the country’s peak recorded in mid-April, according to the Covid Tracking Project.

The US has officially recorded 4,021,053 cases, according to Johns Hopkins University. At least 143,967 people have died.

The reported count is picking up speed: The national seven-day average of new daily cases was 67,429 on Wednesday, a record.

It took the country nearly 100 days to count its first 1 million cases, from January 21 to April 28. It took only 15 days to rise from 3 million on July 8 to 3.99 million, according to JHU figures.

Many Covid-19 illnesses went undiagnosed, especially early in the pandemic when testing was less available. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has said true case totals are probably more than 10 times greater than official figures in most places. One study suggested the US might have had more than 8 million cases in March alone.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, mistertim said:

Such complete and utter bull****. Yeah, it had nothing to do with all those states also being ones that followed Trump's directions to open up as early as possible.

And **** him for trying to say he knew it was going to come back and whatever. Dude, you did a ****ing victory lap at the white house back in May because you and Trump wanted to jerk each other off over being "right" about your state being super awesome and un-infectable. 

Such a piece of ****.

Trump spent the early pandemic mocking democratic governors as their states were plunged into a crisis.  The federal government offered nothing but insults and actively blocked their efforts to acquire supplies.  Now that it’s the southern states in crisis, for listening to Trumps stance on the pandemic, he has nothing but praise for these governors.  

Trumps put on a master class on the worst possible way to govern through a crisis.  Shameful.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 3/31/2020 at 2:03 PM, tshile said:

Random comment from friend:

”they should just put chick-fil-a in charge of testing”

Probably not a good idea (or maybe a very good one since they seem to be finding a lot of positive cases):

Chick-Fil-A leads Colorado fast food joints in COVID-19 outbreaks, and it isn’t even close

At least 28 employees at Chick-Fil-A restaurants across Colorado have tested positive for COVID-19, with 19 more considered probable as of Wednesday. 

That total is more than any other restaurant in the state, according to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.

To date, COVID-19 outbreaks have been confirmed at 13 fast food restaurants in Colorado. Six of those have been at Chick-Fil-A’s. 

Two outbreaks have been reported at McDonald’s, with one each at Culver’s, Jack in the Box, Arby’s, Panda Express and Santiago’s. 

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 3

I truly feel terrible for Dr. Fauci.

6 months ago 99% of Americans wouldn't know his name. 

His accolades in medicine prior to this pandemic were nothing short of incredible. He was editor of the most reputable medical books in the world. He lead the country through the AIDS epidemic. He is one of the most respected figures in CDC history. 

However, he gets besmirched by a total moron and now half of America only knows him as an alarmist, quack, and conspirator.

He is nearly 80 years old and this is his crowning for a career any physician couldn't even dream of... shame on this administration 

But hey, Trump has some accolades to; 'person, man, woman, camera, tv'. Impressive in its own sense

Edited by Bonez3
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Anecdotal COVID stuff...

Had two good friends tell me their Moms were positive today.

One is close local friend.  His mom was already suffering with dementia and in a nursing home.  They’re prepping for the worst.

The other is a college friend who makes a nice living as a realtor in Austin, TX.  His mom is only 65 and a total health nut.  She almost certainly caught it at the gym.  She’s got mild fever/cough and very bad headaches, under home quarantine...expected to pull through.

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

But hey, Trump has some accolades to; 'person, man, woman, camera, tv'. Impressive in its own sense

Wait, he was saying "camera"? I swear to God I thought he was saying "camel", there was a camel on the test, right? Its quite bad when what I thought the president said made no sense...and that made perfect sense to me. This man needs to go, now!

• Like 1

I love this story:

An artist painted 1,800 flowers and shipped them across the country to a hospital hit by covid-19

By Cathy Free, Washington Post
July 24, 2020 at 7:00 a.m. EDT

Michael Gittes’s artwork has been shown in museums and art galleries around the world, but the Los Angeles artist is perhaps most proud of his latest project — on display in the apartments and office cubicles of almost 2,000 hospital workers in Brooklyn, N.Y.

In early July, Gittes, 32, filled a truck with 1,800 paintings he had completed since the start of the coronavirus pandemic and had them shipped 2,777 miles to Interfaith Medical Center in Brooklyn’s Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood — hit hard this spring by covid-19.

“I wanted every single employee — all 1,800 — to have a painting to show how much they are loved and appreciated,” said Gittes, who spent more than three months painting about 100 flowers a day, using a syringe as “a symbol of healing.”  ...

SNRIQVBGXRCM7MI27WY2VL7ASM.jpeg&w=767

“It was the height of the crisis in New York, and I’d been talking to my fiance (Taylor Crichton) about what a wild idea it is that people could be loved by so many and not necessarily be aware of it,” he said. “We came up with the idea to give paintings to a hospital that was especially affected by covid.

On July 13, after the delivery truck pulled in front of Interfaith Medical Center, Gittes’s paintings were carefully unloaded and handed out to every employee at the hospital. From custodians and cafeteria workers to security guards, nurses, doctors and chief executives, nobody was forgotten, he said. Gittes, who titled his project “Strangers to No One,” wasn’t there for the gifting, but everyone felt the emotional impact of his generosity, said Tracy Green, the hospital’s chief financial officer.

“Hospital staff in all departments came to work even when members of their family had contracted coronavirus to support their colleagues and care [for] hundreds of strangers,” she said. “Perseverance got us through and then comes a package — a piece of art in a sturdy wooden frame, simple and beautiful, as acknowledgment of their sacrifice.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2020/07/24/michael-gittes-coronavirus/?hpid=hp_hp-banner-main_il-flowers-paintings-830am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

You can't air these segments if a receptive audience isn't waiting on the other end.

It's been a running theme for the past 20 years on conservative media: if you hear nonsense and stick around, they know you are an absolute dumbass and will believe anything fed to you. Some % of otherwise sane people have fled the GOP, more are fleeing now. What will remain is the absolute bottom of the barrel.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

**** Sinclair Broadcasting.  Their reckess irresponsibility contributes to this:

Anthony Fauci Reveals ‘Serious Threats’ To Himself, His Family

Anthony Fauci revealed a chilling personal consequence of his prominence as the nation’s top infectious disease expert during the coronavirus pandemic.

Fauci said on Thursday that he’s received “serious threats” to himself, his wife and daughters ― requiring them to have extra security ― because of his public role as director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and adviser to President Donald Trump on the White House coronavirus task force.

“I’ve seen a side of society that I guess is understandable, but it’s a little bit disturbing,” Fauci told CNN political commentator David Axelrod on the latest episode of “The Axe Files” podcast.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/anthony-fauci-threats-coronavirus-095008504.html

• Sad 9