Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

4 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Personally, I'd prefer Darby and Moreau on the outside with Fuller in the slot.

Yea I could see that. Fabian was far more effective on the outside than the slot. The only thing with Fuller in the slot is that it will stunt the growth of Jimmy who would be relegated to playing the dime corner. 

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

You have JHC in there, but not even SDH making the team ?

Yes. That depth position needs to be able to contribute somewhere. JHC is probably the best coverage LB on the team. ST and specialty packages. 

I don’t get the obsession with SDH here. He didn’t fit in Manusky’s system and he definitely won’t fit in the one incoming. What do you see him as doing well?

20 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Yes. That depth position needs to be able to contribute somewhere. JHC is probably the best coverage LB on the team. ST and specialty packages. 

I don’t get the obsession with SDH here. He didn’t fit in Manusky’s system and he definitely won’t fit in the one incoming. What do you see him as doing well?

Mostly based on coaching staff raving about him, as well as respected writers like Keim ; Work ethic, development and improvement.

SDH reminds me a lot of London Fletcher in a lof of ways.

JHC did not impress me much as a linebacker. Just seemed out of place and not having the athleticism, IMO.

I wouldn't have been so shocked if you had SDH 2nd or 3rd string, but not having him make the 53, really took me off guard

2 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

I’m with you on Bostic. Like him as a backup at a couple spots. 

I think KPL could play all three spots and if he doesn’t start I’d like to see him as the primary backup at all three. 

SAM:  Holcomb/KPL/Bostic

MIKE:  Foster/KPL/Bostic

WILL:  Davis/KPL/JHC

That’s how I hope to see it play out assuming health and keeping 6 

How about cap hits for the next three years?

And Darby didn't cost us any draft picks....lets see how Slay does now that he's been paid. We saw how Josh Norman did....hell he took running with the bulls and dancing with the stars more seriously. Ludicrous comment by that dude. 

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

So CB looks like:

CB: Darby - Moreland

SCB: Fuller

CB: Moreau - Stroman

Long term we need CB since Darby and Moreau are not under contract past 2020 but I think we will add a guy in the draft. But now we don’t HAVE to 

You know, the Skins have some guys who could take the next step under a good coaching staff...Moreau, D. Johnson, Moreland. Stroman are all guys who now know the league and should be better with the experience they've gotten. I expect Moreau to be better....some of the others too.

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

So CB looks like:

CB: Darby - Moreland

SCB: Fuller

CB: Moreau - Stroman

Long term we need CB since Darby and Moreau are not under contract past 2020 but I think we will add a guy in the draft. But now we don’t HAVE to 

Isn't it likely that Fuller is one of those guys who starts then moves to slot when they need him to?

4 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Yeah...outside of him being from PG, this is very meh. I think he was good in Buffalo but he went to Philly and I think blew his Achilles. He’s been awful ever since

Iggles are literally rejoicing 

image.png.fc90fe91abeb6b14ea1d42c547fef425.png

What a ridiculous misrepresentation. Slay cost them a 3rd and 5th rd draft pick. And while yes this year his CAP is $4.3M, it comes with 3 yr $50 contract with $26M in guaranteed money. 

Darby is here on a one year $4M contract. No further commitment. And let's not forget Darby while coming off injury is 3 yrs younger than Slay. 

So exactly what are the eagles rejoicing? Would you be OK had we traded a 3rd and 5th rd pick and given Slay the 3 yr $50M contract extension with $26M in guarantees and will turn 30 next yr? It's pretty close the Landon Collins contract - only $5M less in guaranteed money but we have control of Collins for 3 more seasons but can get rid of him about the same length of time and he is just 26. But the Redskins did not give up 2 draft picks. And Redskins fans have been apoplectic despite Collins playing very good football on a very badly coached defense. 

The eagles paid through the nose for Slay in both draft picks and money. If eagles fans are "rejoicing" they not very bright - which is pretty much true so fair enough. 

18 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

The eagles paid through the nose for Slay in both draft picks and money. If eagles fans are "rejoicing" they not very bright - which is pretty much true so fair enough. 

I wish I could do a "Thank you" in conjunction with a laughing symbol.  This post deserves both.  Nice post & true. Hail

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Yep, should all but offset the space created by moving a Trent on. Think we get 12.5mil in space with him off the books, expect Peters in a one year deal to take up at least 80% of that. 

From a cap perspective we likely gain a couple of mil.

Honestly, if we do that my perspective on the offseason will have changed dramatically between that and Darby. A few veteran pieces, albeit question marks, at positions that before had the potential of dragging down the entire offense or defense. 

31 minutes ago, carex said:

Isn't it likely that Fuller is one of those guys who starts then moves to slot when they need him to?

Fuller can play FS as well as slot. He gives us a lot of flexibility. 

Adding Darby is a decent move - he is a guy who had world class speed coming into the league. But he’s not been able to stay on the field the last few years and has been not that good when he has played. Some of that might be down to him not being healthy when he has played. It’s a relatively low cost gamble but a lot has to fall right in terms of him being and staying healthy for him to hold up over a season.

I doubt Darby is getting paid 4 million, if i recall the tweet said it maxes out to that.  Rapoport said 3 million.  I'd presume it would take incentives to get to 4.

I take this off season as them thinking its not about 2020 but 2021, so lets not kill the cap, and see what we can pull off on the cheap and if we swing and miss no biggie but the cap hits are minimal in 2021.

16 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Keep seeing people pencil in...no, ballpoint pen in, Sean Davis as starter

That will not happen

I'm looking at his history with the Steelers and he's never lost a starting job and beaten out other people

Archived