Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

What’s interesting is wasn’t he part of the combine in some way last year?  He broke down every TE in excruciating detail.  

This year is different.

I also think without a very regular radio show to prepare for Cooley has lost a lot of motivation. 

It one of the combines, maybe last year.  I recall on his podcasts last year Cooley dived hard into some prospects.  Nothing really this year.  I do like it when he does it because he dives deep, tries to watch 5 games.  He's not always right but he often is.  

4 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

same here. I’m a Hopkins guy.

im actually/personally not that bothered we didn’t get Hooper. It’s more the principle, another 10% say, and we get him for 45-48mil assuming we were very hot on him. I think you should do it.

Hopkins is one of 6 TE's I'd really happy with and think will be an upgrade over what we got.  Heck I can easily argue the next 4 TE's after those 6 would upgrade the spot, too.

I agree with your theory of overpaying 10% if need be to get your man.   But they also showed they'd be willing to do it for the right target in their minds, they outbid Dallas. 

6 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

You think the talent level is equal? Seriously? 

in the last 3 years, the Skins are 1-5 against Dallas. Average margin of defeat is 17 points. 

Dallas is better than us at nearly every position and most certainly at the most important ones on the field: QB, secondary, O line, WR, and probably pass rush as well solely of Lawrence. 

I didn’t realize Bruce Allen-itis ran so deeply in the fanbase still 

It's got nothing to do with Allen-itis. I said yes they are roughly equivalent.. ASSUMING it's starters vs starters. This team has been a walking mash unit the last few years. However, they are not outclassed by the cowgirls like they're the 16-0 patriots vs the browns every time like you make it sound. Yes there have been some unfortunate losses, but The skins have shown they can match up well and play with teams like the cowgirls and eagles, they just stubbornly stick to whatever the plan was even if it wasn't working, and can't gameplan or adjust for **** under the old coaching staff.

We've also had dolts like Manusky and Barry running the defense..

I'm not saying the redskins were the end all be all greats, just that they had some good pieces and with better coaching could have won games.. it's obvious the mental toughness and discipline were not there.. I'm just saying that they were roughly equivalent starter-wise.. all things considered. yes dallas had the edge, but it wasn't a huge chasm.

Read this quote and tell me how you dont want Adam Trautman:

“I’m always going to get after people and play my heart out,” he added. “You’ll see that this week. Every drill, every snap, every rep that I take, there’s a certain type of intensity that I do everything with. Obviously, everyone here is talented. You have to find those things that do give you that edge, and mine is being relentless and competitive.

“I’d rather put a dude on his back against his will than score a touchdown. Honestly. 100 percent. I think that’s the best feeling as a tight end,” he continued. “I’m here to put on a show and get rid of that asterisk next to my name.”

33 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

It's got nothing to do with Allen-itis. I said yes they are roughly equivalent.

wait what? - starters or not its not even been close - Dallas is far better than our football team in just about every measurable way over the last 5 years

14 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

wait what? - starters or not its not even been close - Dallas is far better than our football team in just about every measurable way over the last 5 years

Agree. I hate Dallas but to say that we have been anywhere as good as them over the last 4-5 years is delusional. what is it 7-1 against us over last 4 years?

2 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Cooley in the Keim interview also said Hooper is a C- in the run game, questioned his ability to get separation in man and said he thought Skins couldn't justify the money over 5 years with all the other Dline guys who will be coming up for contracts in a couple years.  However, he would have paid Hunter Henry big time if he hadn't been franchised.

I agree with this whole heartedly. Hooper is good, but is a step above JAG. Played in an ideal situation. Just watch his highlights. Not inspiring. Cooper was worth the money. I honestly think there were other FA that were also worth the money. Like Dunbar. We are going into next year with  a billion dollars of unused cap space and we couldn't have doubled Dunbar's pittance of a salary and seen whether he could stay healthy for a year and was worth a longer term investment? Just stupid. 

I don't know that James Bradbury was worth a big salary. We do however need to protect Haskins if we want him to develop. I would have overpaid Trent to do so, or at least brought in a RT upgrade and Jason Peters. 

FA has been our achilles heel and it looks like it continues to be so.

3 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

Cooley is one of the brightest minds in terms of talent and performance evaluation.  Why he hasn't been inked to a broadcasting deal since leaving Sheehan,  I don't understand. 

My guess, Cooley doesn’t want to work too much. The radio show appeared to be an “I told you I could do it” type situation. Cooley falls in category of needing external motivation much like Haskins  (In my fan view— don’t know the dude, but just for the fun of it lol) ;) Would be shocked if Cooley got back into an everyday gig unless he’s looking for a justifiable reason to get out of the house lol

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Read this quote and tell me how you dont want Adam Trautman:

“I’m always going to get after people and play my heart out,” he added. “You’ll see that this week. Every drill, every snap, every rep that I take, there’s a certain type of intensity that I do everything with. Obviously, everyone here is talented. You have to find those things that do give you that edge, and mine is being relentless and competitive.

“I’d rather put a dude on his back against his will than score a touchdown. Honestly. 100 percent. I think that’s the best feeling as a tight end,” he continued. “I’m here to put on a show and get rid of that asterisk next to my name.”

Yep and his plays matches his rhetoric.  We've been talking Cooley on this thread -- reading about Trautman, he has a little Cooley in him personality wise, comes off like a fun guy, popular in the locker room.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Danny Rouhier just now (106.7 are having him and others now do weekends) making the same point i made about Bruce in FA, as for he'd overspend on medium level players and screw things up that way.  He just mentioned Jason Hatcher.  I forgot about him.  

I don’t think Hatcher was a bad signing.  He was light years better than McGee and McLain 

6 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I don’t think Hatcher was a bad signing.  He was light years better than McGee and McLain 

He was OK but not worth what they paid him IMO.  I was at his arguably best game, the one against the Jags in 2014, that to me was his big highlight game.   If you adjust what they paid back at the time for some of these D lineman:  Pea, Hatcher, McClain -- it would be 10 million plus in today's terms.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-redskins/even-if-unlikely-jason-hatcher-retirement-would-be-good-news-redskins

The mammoth defensive tackle will turn 34 years old in July, and in two seasons with Washington, Hatcher's production has lagged way behind his salary. In two years with the 'Skins, Hatcher has started 27 of 32 possible games, notched 7.5 sacks and 32 tackles. 

Injuries have hampered Hatcher for much of his time in Washington, and frankly, that's to be expected with a player his size and age. Hatcher's sack production dropped from 5.5 sacks in 2014 to 2 sacks in 2016, despite being surrounded by better players on the defensive line. Further, in eight years with the Dallas Cowboys prior to signing a four-year, $27.5 million contract with the Skins in 2014, Hatcher only once grabbed more than 4.5 sacks, and that came in his contract year. That 2013 season Hatcher logged 11 sacks, a true outlier for a player that has just 34.5 sacks in his 10-year career. 

Darby didn't have a hot season last year but was better before that

Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 1.05.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 1.05.48 PM.png

26 year old reclamation project who has had much higher peaks of performance in his career? Worth it for $4M and no risk. He's had stretches where he was legitimately good. I'm sure he hopes never to see Calvin Ridley again though yikes

8 minutes ago, Lovi said:

Why don’t they just sign Ryan or Breeland and get it over with rather than sign these 3rd stringers?  I get the need for depth but let’s get some talent we know will make the team 

I don't know much about Ryan (heard he's legit) but I don't know that Breeland is any better than Darby? 

7 minutes ago, Lovi said:

Why don’t they just sign Ryan or Breeland and get it over with rather than sign these 3rd stringers?  I get the need for depth but let’s get some talent we know will make the team 

Ronald Darby has started every game but one he has played in his career.  Unfortunately he's had some injuries especially since he moved to Philly

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

same here. I’m a Hopkins guy.

im actually/personally not that bothered we didn’t get Hooper. It’s more the principle, another 10% say, and we get him for 45-48mil assuming we were very hot on him. I think you should do it.

Would love to trade TW to Miami for a 3rd and their young TE Mike Gesicki....

16 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

26 year old reclamation project who has had much higher peaks of performance in his career? Worth it for $4M and no risk. He's had stretches where he was legitimately good. I'm sure he hopes never to see Calvin Ridley again though yikes

Agree.

Ryan wants 10mil p/y. We must have decided against that size of contract. I’d have liked him though. I wasn’t convinced about Bree, just my personal choice. There was also Carrie out there. And I liked Worley as DB depth.

Thats said, inexpensive 1 year deal fits, especially if we are open minded re a trade back. Okudah would be an option.

4 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Darby is gonna be the starter across from Fuller. He was terrible in Philly but played really well in Buffalo. Need to coach him up and put him in the right scheme. 

I really hope they’re not planning to start Fuller outside. 

I think Moreau, Moreland, Darby and maybe a rookie CB all compete for the two outside spots. 

I like this signing. Very good buy-low situation. 

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I really hope they’re not planning to start Fuller outside. 

I think Moreau, Moreland, Darby and maybe a rookie CB all compete for the two outside spots. 

I like this signing. Very good buy-low situation. 

I somehow envision Moreland and Harmon becoming two of Riveras favorite players. Players with Heart

Archived