Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

3 hours ago, mhd24 said:

Darby was horrible last year.  It’s worth a gamble, but I could see him getting cut

At this point I’m grasping for whatever I can with these signings.  At least he’s fast right?🙄  Runs a 4.33 apparently.

Edited by Vanguard

I signed Darby to replace Josh Norman in Madden once. Darby wasn't worth it, I should have gone after Tyreek Hill instead. I continue to hold a grudge against him for that, so I think this was a bad signing.

I do wonder where our CB depth chart stands at the moment. I expect Darby plays outside, but Moreau vs. Fuller seems like a battle of 2 nickelbacks. Does playing outside make one of them a winner or a loser?

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Lovi said:

Why don’t they just sign Ryan or Breeland and get it over with rather than sign these 3rd stringers?  I get the need for depth but let’s get some talent we know will make the team 

Have to wonder if it’s because they don’t want multi-year deals for mid-tier guys?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I really like the Darby signing but I hope this doesn’t stop them from drafting a corner in the 4th

Given this is a 1 year deal, I can’t see it affecting draft plans (same with almost all of their FA deals).  Doesn’t mean they take a corner in the mid rounds though either... they’ll go BPA

• Like 1

I'm sure many of you diehards remember how the Joe Gibbs/Bobby Beathard Super Bowl teams were built......PLAN B free agents. Unwanted, second tier guys. Beathard was a genius at getting the perfect guys for the perfect spots....one of the most famous TD's in Skins history was scored by converted offensive lineman Darryl Grant on a tipped screen pass thrown by Cowboy backup QB Gary Hogeboom!!!! YouTube it youngtimers.....

RR is taking a page from the Gibbs years and building with second tier guys in free agency and drafting his studs. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Given this is a 1 year deal, I can’t see it affecting draft plans (same with almost all of their FA deals).  Doesn’t mean they take a corner in the mid rounds though either... they’ll go BPA

i don’t think they’ll go BPA , I think they’ll go need. TE and WR most likely. Maybe LB.

Edited by UK SKINS FAN 74

We have a new piece to our FO this year in Rob Rogers who is a numbers/analytics guy.

I wonder how much of his input had an effect on these moves, haven't heard much about Rob since we signed him but he's done some interesting things and I'm guessing Ron brought him here as a valued source.

7 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Philly had a really really bad db group. Hope the new start revitalizes him. Not overjoyed, was looking for someone of a higher quality then RD, but we need bodies.

Don't worry, he'll spend more time on IR than on the field. 

He missed 28 of 48 possible games with the eagles. Another player that won't be suiting up much. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I don't know what we'd give up for him.

I'd love to have him though.

problem is he wants 22mil p/y. But he wants out.

few moving parts. Firstly, are we staying at #2 for Young?

Also, the curious case of Ryan Kerrigan, no chance he stays on his current salary. He wants to stay, talks were alluded to several weeks ago. Yet nothing. Strangely quiet. Now restructuring Kerrigan would seem a simple task to me IF he was 100% in our plans. IF we have other options on the bubble, you never know...

7 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm sure many of you diehards remember how the Joe Gibbs/Bobby Beathard Super Bowl teams were built......PLAN B free agents. Unwanted, second tier guys. Beathard was a genius at getting the perfect guys for the perfect spots....one of the most famous TD's in Skins history was scored by converted offensive lineman Darryl Grant on a tipped screen pass thrown by Cowboy backup QB Gary Hogeboom!!!! YouTube it youngtimers.....

RR is taking a page from the Gibbs years and building with second tier guys in free agency and drafting his studs. 

I do remember Rivera saying he had a long talk with Joe Gibbs during his hiring.

11 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

i don’t think they’ll go BPA , I think they’ll go need. TE and WR most likely. Maybe LB.

I can’t really argue with your POV beyond pointing to Smith saying they’d go BPA.  We also won’t know what their board looks like, so it will likely be difficult to ascertain if they went BPA even after the draft.  On top of this, need will already be factored in to BPA to an extent. 

Off the top of my head, the only sign that would show they prioritized need is if they trade back for a very modest return and draft a tackle.  

• Like 1

• Riggo-toni changed the title to The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby