Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, Alexa said:

That's not going to happen because Rivera didn't draft him. He has no loyalty to Haskins what so ever. You can expect competition. 

I don't know about this....RR is now on record as saying he likes our young guys and that it's time to let them play. Bringing in competition for DH this year may not be the way to go although I am a believer in backup QB's who can still win games. I think there is a real fine line with what backup RR brings in...aging vet (Flacco), scorned former starter (Winston, Cam), or young draft pick (Hurts, Tua) to compete with DH? 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not really pimping for Anderson though at all.  I flat out said I wouldn't sign him.   As for character, I've read mixed things about it, so I'd let them sort that out.  I am pimping for Anderson if they are determined to sign a WR no matter what and the choice is him versus Perriman versus Sanders if the money is close to equal. 

No, I know.  I definitely get that you're only on board for Anderson if they're determined to sign a #2 in FA.  My post wasn't really aimed at arguing against you - just more my stance on the whole thing.  Which is, I doubt they sign him either way.

10 minutes ago, Lovi said:

State of the Redskins fanbase that your first post is a negative one.  Cheer up sunshine!  FA isn't over and the draft will be an exciting time.

What leads you to believe they will suddenly start spending money?  If they haven't so far on good players why would they now on not nearly as good?

1 minute ago, Bigmuss1 said:

What did the Lions get? 

Lions got a 3rd and a 5th. This is a great deal for the Eagles, but wouldn't have been for us. I think the Eagles had two 3rds and two 5ths anyway. They are in a SB window. Javon Hargrave and Slay help in that regard. They still need speed at WR and expect them to draft there. 

Slay is too old for us to be giving up those kind of assets. If Haskins looks like he's turned a corner next year, and we post a decent record, and the defense looks as promised, then I think we become attractive to FA and can go HAM in FA and compete for the NFCE. 

Also, re Logan Thomas, the dude is 28. I'm not expecting for him to suddenly figure out the position and make a huge leap. I'm fine with it as a depth signing. 

Also, count me in on Perriman for less money. He can keep a defense honest at least. Robby Anderson seems like the classic guy that's going to a new team and be paid more than he's worth. Also, I didn't realize what a super douche Robby Anderson sounds like. This article is a good read. Drove 60mph over the speed limit, evaded police then said this... "While in the back of my patrol vehicle, Robert stated that when he got out he was going to find my wife, f--- her and nut in her eye," the report said. "He continued to make other verbal threats toward my family. Based on his statements it was clear that he intended to sexually assault my wife. He also began to brag about how much money he has and how all I was doing was trying to 'Ruin his fun.'"

Huge no thank you. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/jets-robby-anderson-arrested-9-charges-sexual-threats-police-2018-1

34 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Dude. What? No... he’s awful. If he ever had a chance of being good, that ship has long since sailed. Competition? Rosen is on tract to be out of the league in 2-3 years. He’s pushing no one 

29 minutes ago, LightningBuggs said:

Logan Thomas came to VT as a TE out of HS.  Played that position at VT initially and had one of the most spectacular leaping grabs I've ever seen.  Guy was a freak of an athlete.  He was forced into playing QB at VT because they didn't have anyone else to play the position and Logan was an all-around athlete.  And he did it well.  

One of my long-time best friends coached another sport at the same HS Logan attended.  To this day, he's told me the 2 best HS athletes he's seen play any sport in person were Allen Iverson and Logan.  Logan played HS hoops too and could jump out of the gym.

I'm rooting for him.

I remember that as a Tech QB  on 4th and 1 he was money. Very athletic / physical.

It's not about just spending money or getting good players.  It's about getting the right players (and hopefully cheap).  The skins do not have my stamp of approval for the past like 30 years or so, but it is a new regime.  New hope I guess.  And I don't have anything better to do but hope.  At this point i'm all-in.  Can't dump them now.  But I think they aren't going to just go burn a bunch of money at this point unless they extend their own.  Draft will be exciting though

Next year's offense and back half of the defense is going to be painful to watch 

1 minute ago, tchrpe1 said:

They tried to spend some coin on Cooper but got punked by Dallas.

The fact that that was their plan A shows they are already incompetent. There wasn't a single media outlet that give a slight chance of him wanting to leave Dallas. We spent all day 1 throwing money at him when more needed players signed elsewhere and now we are sitting there looking stupid with our thumb up our you know what. 

I think they will be better just getting a competent coaching staff for one.  No idea how much better cause they couldn't have been much worse but I guess we will see.  The defense will certainly be better than last year on that alone.  Also adding Chase Young will help.  Offense I think depends a lot on how Haskins improves.  He left a lot of points on the field last year missing guys.

3 hours ago, SumTingWong said:

And while she was throwing out possible clues to her husband's future she left this strange and puzzling note nailed to her front door above a severed hogs head filled with burgundy wine. 

<scratches head>

This makes no sense at all to me.

Perhaps she's just insane? ;)

R emember

E veryone:

D estiny 

S erves, 

K nowledge

I sn't 

N othing,

S incerely!

20 minutes ago, tchrpe1 said:

They tried to spend some coin on Cooper but got punked by Dallas.

I'm a little perplexed as to why the Redskins wanted to spend 20+ million on Cooper.  He comes off as a little soft and when the going gets tough he folds. 

Just now, Alexa said:

I'm a little perplexed as to why the Redskins wanted to spend 20+ million on Cooper.  He comes off as a little soft and when the going gets tough he folds. 

Who knows if they did. We've heard reports that they were interested, but I doubt their real contract offers have been published or made public. I think the interest is real, but the amount is speculation. Feels even more unlikely they offered him 20+m because I heard one report saying we dropped out because things got too pricey and we have been pretty frugal spenders otherwise.

5 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

That could be the best front office move so far if they can find a sucker to help them get out from under that albatross of a deal.

I mean...Leveon Bell signed for 4/52M (27M Gtd) last year.... Gurley would be owed 4/44M (22M Gtd) for a team trading for him.

Not sure thats an albatross

I just do not understand all this desire for other people cast offs.  

Glad we missed Cooper - Did no get punked. Dallas ****ed themselves. Way too much money for Cooper. Stupid to pay what they did. Cooper at $15M/yr? OK, maybe. But he shrinks in big games and had the drops last year. 

NO!!!!!! to Gurley. Dude cannot stay on the field and we have 3 guys now that we need to give a chance. Get someone in the mid rounds to be #4. 

Many of the other players got too much money too - the same many wanting these guys complain about when the Redskins do step in and sign someone. 

This FO has a plan. Let's see them implement before deciding it's already done. 

Archived