Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

30 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I swear to god professional athletes are the absolute dumbest people during quarantine. I have zero sympathy when he gets cut. Hope he saved his stimulus check.

I tend to agree. I don't know the story yet, but it doesn't take much to realize you have more to lose than to gain via these actions. Heck, with morality clauses if he's found guilty he may even have to return all signing bonuses and guaranteed money.

5 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I tend to agree. I don't know the story yet, but it doesn't take much to realize you have more to lose than to gain via these actions. Heck, with morality clauses if he's found guilty he may even have to return all signing bonuses and guaranteed money.

That 137,000 would have paid for his lawyers lol

2 hours ago, SmallDaddy said:

I didn’t see anywhere that Charles had a 1st round grade. Most sites had him as the 10-15th tackle in the draft (and expected him to go 4-6th round). Whereas Jones did have a late first/early 2nd round grade. 

I’m just wondering what turned our front office off from drafting Jones (they know way more than me) 

I couldn’t find a single rankings list where Charles was higher than jones. Maybe they valued Charles more since he played in a power 5 conference.

On 5/14/2020 at 6:15 PM, SmallDaddy said:

Just looking at his size alone, I don’t see how Charles will not be a guard. He was the shortest LT of all the LT draft prospects. 
I still don’t understand why we didn’t draft Josh Jones (went 6 picks later to Arizona) with our 3rd round pick. There is a very high chance we still could have grabbed Antonio with our 4th round pick. 

It has been reported Gibson was going in the 3rd as two other teams were on him later in the round.

But...and I will agree with you. Jones was reportedly difficult to coach, no idea If true, but it was quite a decision to pass over him at #66. 

take Jones, jump back in the third for Gibson. Still  take Charles. All very plausible.

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

I swear to god professional athletes are the absolute dumbest people during quarantine. I have zero sympathy when he gets cut. Hope he saved his stimulus check.

This is happening a lot more than you may think.

It's just you don't hear about a lot of them, either because they're not well-known athletes, or those arrested don't directly affect you. But domestic violence and violence in general is erupting in a lot of places around the country, as a very direct result of lockdowns.

"Average" people are not exempt from the temptation. The pressure is pushing on virtually everyone, or every "class". And there are character weaknesses in all those levels

30 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

This is happening a lot more than you may think.

It's just you don't hear about a lot of them, either because they're not well-known athletes, or those arrested don't directly affect you. But domestic violence and violence in general is erupting in a lot of places around the country, as a very direct result of lockdowns.

"Average" people are not exempt from the temptation. The pressure is pushing on virtually everyone, or every "class". And there are character weaknesses in all those levels

Perhaps, but in a lot of the cases the violence stems from stress related to work (or lack of), isolation, money issues ex. If you look at Baker and Dunbar specifically, none of those apply. They make good money, they’re obviously out and socializing and it’s not like they didn’t have jobs waiting for them. Their stupidity isn’t covid-related. It’s just pure arrogance and maturity.

On 5/15/2020 at 2:03 AM, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

so we resign Colvin days after a couple of the top CBs left in FA are picked up elsewhere. Got to wonder if we had interest in Ryan especially, just wouldn’t meet his demands. 

I mean it’s now clear we wanted another CB on the roster isn’t it, and Colvin has been sat there the whole time getting no other interest I’d guess.

There's a pretty big gap between the $10 million a year Ryan wants and signing Colvin to what is likely close to a veteran minimum deal (I haven't seen anyone report the numbers). This team could use viable bodies at CB, so on that part I agree. But that's likely shopping for a BMW and they just buying a Kia. They're really not close to being the same.

I can’t believe nobody has brought up Antonio Brown, since he’s been practicing with Haskins. I’d be very much against. 

Can we start up the FA 2021 thread? Seems like it might be more interesting than 2020 and I don’t think it’s too early. 

7 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I can’t believe nobody has brought up Antonio Brown, since he’s been practicing with Haskins. I’d be very much against. 

Can we start up the FA 2021 thread? Seems like it might be more interesting than 2020 and I don’t think it’s too early. 

I think it hasn't really been brought up bc most people heartily agree with you!

Me, I'd trust in Rivera and would want to see that AB was in some sort of therapy. Yeah in a vacuum I'd say no. But Rivera making an exception based on a face-to-face and having the proper structure put into place around him...that wouldn't be a vacuum. That would be something to be skeptical but excited about, because I trust Rivera as a leader of men.

Now even IF Rivera were inclined to do things like this, I don't think year one during a janky offseason where he hasn't even met most of his own players yet is when it would go down. I think you probably need to know your locker room better and know what you have in place. Year one is the "control group", where you prioritize known quantities and good eggs and see what you've got in the strangers you inherited. 

That's just my opinion on how Rivera thinks. Who knows. The point is, if he came here it would all be in Rivera's hands which would inherently color my viewpoint on it and make me give it a chance.

But no, I don't think it happens.

On 5/28/2020 at 11:52 PM, Anselmheifer said:

That 'practice' was at Holiday Park in Ft Lauderdale.  Apparently random NFL and College players will show up there as often as 2 times a week to just run around working out.  AB lives down there so he is regularly in attendance.  This likely was not a situation where Haskins or AB initiated it, and more that the two ended up on the same workout field.  I read an article that at one point there were as many as 'two dozen' NFL and College players on that field that day.  

On 5/28/2020 at 9:52 PM, Anselmheifer said:

Well **** yeah we're not even sure there gonna play this year..might as well skip ahead.

5 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Well **** yeah we're not even sure there gonna play this year..might as well skip ahead.

if no football is played why would contracts advance a year?

that'd be interesting.  No real free agency, but a double sized rookie class

16 minutes ago, carex said:

if no football is played why would contracts advance a year?

that'd be interesting.  No real free agency, but a double sized rookie class

Hell, I don't know what it means but they ****in love it..the campaign..Will Ferrell..nevermind 

On 5/16/2020 at 2:10 PM, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

It has been reported Gibson was going in the 3rd as two other teams were on him later in the round.

But...and I will agree with you. Jones was reportedly difficult to coach, no idea If true, but it was quite a decision to pass over him at #66. 

take Jones, jump back in the third for Gibson. Still  take Charles. All very plausible.

Interesting. Without knowing all the facts on Jones’s coachability, there was certainly a play to take both Jones and Charles. I was personally more pissed the team passed on Zack Baun (who fell due to a diluted sample at the combine). As much talent this team has on the DLine, it needs star backers and Baun could’ve been the guy to fill and start on the strongside for a while

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any reason for us to sign Colin Kaepernick?  Goodell is encouraging teams to sign him.  From strictly a needs standpoint, I am not sure there is a fit for him here.  We have Haskins, Allen, Smith, and Montez right now on the QB depth chart.  I am not sure Smith's status, I am assuming it is still in the air.  Just wondering if there is a spot for Kaeperick here.  We traded for Allen specifically so we could have a reliable backup to Haskins - plus Allen knows the system from being in Carolina.  Kaepernick would only be insurance and veteran leadership.  I dunno...I lean towards no, but I could see a case being made if Smith is done. 

I never thought Kaepernick was that great of a QB, I think people tend to overlook that aspect when debating whether or not he should be re-signed, but I think it is clear that he the skill to play in this league.

28 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Is there any reason for us to sign Colin Kaepernick?  Goodell is encouraging teams to sign him.  From strictly a needs standpoint, I am not sure there is a fit for him here.  We have Haskins, Allen, Smith, and Montez right now on the QB depth chart.  I am not sure Smith's status, I am assuming it is still in the air.  Just wondering if there is a spot for Kaeperick here.  We traded for Allen specifically so we could have a reliable backup to Haskins - plus Allen knows the system from being in Carolina.  Kaepernick would only be insurance and veteran leadership.  I dunno...I lean towards no, but I could see a case being made if Smith is done. 

I never thought Kaepernick was that great of a QB, I think people tend to overlook that aspect when debating whether or not he should be re-signed, but I think it is clear that he the skill to play in this league.

I think Kaepernick would stay out of the league if we were the only team to make an offer

28 minutes ago, carex said:

I think Kaepernick would stay out of the league if we were the only team to make an offer

I agree. If any player were to have an issue with our name and owner, it would be him. I doubt he would play for us. Still...just wondering out of curiosity. 

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

I agree. If any player were to have an issue with our name and owner, it would be him. I doubt he would play for us. Still...just wondering out of curiosity. 

He wasn’t that good before and he’s been out of the game for two years. If they were to sign him he would be third on the depth chart at best .Not only that,it wouldn’t be worth all the baggage that would go along with it. 

Archived