Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

2 hours ago, oraphus said:

Not to mention .. Belichick has a history of really bad FA signings so I love how media went from "Cam is not the same player and cant stay healthy" to... "oh my god! Cam to the Pats = Superbowl!"  NFL columnists are super bored right now and looking for ANYthing to get excited about.

I mean, he also has a history of taking or trading for discarded or no longer appreciated players and getting the best out of them whether they have a history of success already or not, like Moss or even Welker. Other times they bust, like Hayesworth and Ochocinco. The important thing is that they never pay much to find out and provide an environment where that player will succeed if they fit what they want. 

The greatest dynasty in NFL history just lost the greatest QB in NFL history in FA. They went the whole summer with a no-name backup everyone convinced themselves they were gonna ride, then at the last minute they signed a former MVP who has been a very fun, flashy player at times in the past. 

It's a pretty damn big story. Of course NFL media is excited to cover it, given everything else going on.

Generally the Pats are cautious with the money associated with guys that carry high risk, but the reality is the Pats are all over the map in acquiring talent and aren’t married/romantic with any one way to do things.

For example, Wes Welker actually came at a high cost comparatively to the “market” at that time (2nd round pick for a slot WR). Other guys like Ocho, Haynesworth, or Newton have zero financial risk due to contracts signed at the time. Antonio Brown might end up burning them for 10 or so million for one game last year (still being worked out). 

Everybody was all over Jamal Adams as a potential trade target. I'm surprised nobody has brought up Chris Jones. Jonathan Allen and a pick. Or Ioannidis. They may be more tempted by Ioannidis and his cheap contract and better pass rushing production and advanced stats. 

I know his name was brought up quite a bit during the Williams fiasco. 

Have to imagine David Njoku is on the radar of the Skins. Don’t know much about the dude and haven’t watched much of him, any of our draft enthusiasts or people from Cleveland area have a feel for him? What kind of dude is he in the locker room and off the field? 

From my vantage point he seems like a potential great fit: age, talent, and skins have plenty of cap room (he’s due 6.5mil next season). Hoping his cap hit eliminates a good amount of teams. On paper, the Skins would look a lot better with addition. 

Edit: Hes due $3mil next season (4th year) and 5th year was exercised this offseason and will cost $6mil. Nice contract situation for the team that acquires him potentially. 

5 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Have to imagine David Njoku is on the radar of the Skins. Don’t know much about the dude and haven’t watched much of him, any of our draft enthusiasts or people from Cleveland area have a feel for him? What kind of dude is he in the locker room and off the field? 

From my vantage point he seems like a potential great fit: age, talent, and skins have plenty of cap room (he’s due 6.5mil next season). Hoping his cap hit eliminates a good amount of teams. On paper, the Skins would look a lot better with addition. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/03/david-njoku-asks-browns-to-trade-him/

Was  just coming here to post this. Solid receiver. Lacking as a blocker. 56 receptions for 11.2 yards per in 2018. Would be an enormous upgrade. I say give them one of our 3rds and call it a day. 

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/03/david-njoku-asks-browns-to-trade-him/

Was  just coming here to post this. Solid receiver. Lacking as a blocker. 56 receptions for 11.2 yards per in 2018. Would be an enormous upgrade. I say give them one of our 3rds and call it a day. 

Skins would seem to have the upper hand in draft compensation in form of pics if using predicted records next season. A Skins 3rd rounder would be ideal, this is without me knowing what kind of dude he is overall and in the locker room. If any issues there, then I’m out, especially this next season. 

The more I think about it, you have to imagine Njoku and his reps would want to steer him towards the Skins or if another situation exists similar to the TE depth here. 

—-I said a 3rd rounder above, but with him being on the cheap and in a teams control for two more season it will take a 2nd or multiple picks of starting with a 3rd. Maybe a player gets involved. 

Make it happen before the NFC East addA another freak talent to their roster:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thespun.com/nfl/nfc-east/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-reportedly-interested-in-trade-david-njoku/amp

38 minutes ago, wit33 said:

The more I think about it, you have to imagine Njoku and his reps would want to steer him towards the Skins or if another situation exists similar to the TE depth here. 

Yes. Exactly. His agent would have to see us as ideal. We have a giant hole at TE. There would essentially be no competition. We have draft assets. We have tons of cap room to resign him. 

From our standpoint, I’d give up maybe the 49’ers 3rd round pick, and our 5th. I don’t think he commands a 2nd rounder. Not demanding a trade before training camp, this late in the game, after essentially missing all of last year with an injury. 

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I do not think it will take a 3rd, despite his potential he hasn't proven that much and has had injuries. 

Agree. I’d offer nothing more than a 5th. I’m totally in favour of retaining our day 2 draft picks. 

He would be a good pick up though. Plenty of potential.

12 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Agree. I’d offer nothing more than a 5th. I’m totally in favour of retaining our day 2 draft picks. 

He would be a good pick up though. Plenty of potential.

Obviously, later the draft pick the better, but his age, pedigree, being cheap for next two seasons, and the injury not being anything knee related (broken wrist is why he missed most of last season) makes me think it will be 2nd or a 3rd. Just a guess though. 

On 7/3/2020 at 4:19 PM, wit33 said:

Edit: Hes due $3mil next season (4th year) and 5th year was exercised this offseason and will cost $6mil. Nice contract situation for the team that acquires him potentially. 

Don't know what kind of dude he is.  The worst I've heard about him is a Browns reporter on 980 saying he's a bit lazy and hates blocking.  Don't know if true or not, but that reporter didn't feel like he was just brimming potential who was bound to break out -- he seemed to think he was headed to being a bust.

As a college prospect though he was a freak.   He certainly would be the most talented TE on the roster. 

On 7/12/2020 at 1:46 AM, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Must have been the only one seeing those Logan Ryan rumors then....

See the Pats and AB settled up. Would expect him signing somewhere soon.

Tho the ravens claimed they wouldn't sign him my money is on him going to the ravens...who are favored to win every game this year...🙄🙄🙄🙄😒😒😒😒

34 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

What?...the ravens are picked to win every game this season..I predict brown goes to Baltimore...you couldnt even point out idaho on a map..what's the big deal?

I think it's more about the tangent into the Asian Connecticuter with Floridian plates who's helping California take over.

15 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Trade San Francisco’s 3rd for Njoku and roll the rest over to next year. 

I think that especially if there is no CFB season, next year’s draft is going to be a crap shoot after the first 15-20 picks and a mid round pick will have less value than normal. 

Njoku would instantly be better than any other TE we have on the roster, and at a minimum, can be a deep threat down the seam and win on jump balls in the red zone. 

4 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Trade San Francisco’s 3rd for Njoku and roll the rest over to next year. 

I think that especially if there is no CFB season, next year’s draft is going to be a crap shoot after the first 15-20 picks and a mid round pick will have less value than normal. 

Njoku would instantly be better than any other TE we have on the roster, and at a minimum, can be a deep threat down the seam and win on jump balls in the red zone. 

Bad idea. Rather see what we have in Moss and Thomas than go that route. I’ve soured on Njoku.

A 3rd for a guy who hasn’t done much and is seeking out is pretty high. We can draft a TE in the 3rd that has done what he has done in his three years. Its not a bad idea but any team trading for him is in the drivers seat. Trade a 5th or lower

8 minutes ago, dyst said:

A 3rd for a guy who hasn’t done much and is seeking out is pretty high. We can draft a TE in the 3rd that has done what he has done in his three years. Its not a bad idea but any team trading for him is in the drivers seat. Trade a 5th or lower

Maybe a 3rd is steep? I’m not sure. He was a 1st rounder. In 2018 he had 56 catches for 639 yards, good for 11.4 ypc. As a rookie, he was good for 32 catches at 12.1 ypc. Last years wrist injury was a one off. He’s not injury prone. He has all the traits you are looking for. 

To think you could draft a guy in the 3rd and expect him to be better is wildly optimistic. I guarantee that if the FO thought they could get 56 catches and 639 yards from any 3rd round TE this year, we would have drafted one. 

Archived