Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

47 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Maybe a 3rd is steep? I’m not sure. He was a 1st rounder. In 2018 he had 56 catches for 639 yards, good for 11.4 ypc. As a rookie, he was good for 32 catches at 12.1 ypc. Last years wrist injury was a one off. He’s not injury prone. He has all the traits you are looking for. 

To think you could draft a guy in the 3rd and expect him to be better is wildly optimistic. I guarantee that if the FO thought they could get 56 catches and 639 yards from any 3rd round TE this year, we would have drafted one. 

It’s not just the 3rd, but the salary difference— Njoku is due $10mil over next two seasons. 

Im intrigued as well. Been a proponent of the franchise adding as many freaks as possible throughout the years and Njoku certainly qualifies. The “Turners” are adept at maximizing the value of the TE in their respective offenses (Scott obviously having very little experience, but heavily influenced by Norv) which increases the value in acquiring a talent like Njoku. 

Identify talent that fits your scheme and aggressively go after it. Hope to see more of this in years to come with this regime. 

Who knows though, but a little something to talk about in July. 

1 hour ago, dyst said:

A 3rd for a guy who hasn’t done much and is seeking out is pretty high. We can draft a TE in the 3rd that has done what he has done in his three years. Its not a bad idea but any team trading for him is in the drivers seat. Trade a 5th or lower

agreed. 5th is the highest I’d go as well.

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

That’s a ton of cap space. And to think we have the best part of 60mil going thru the cap to Smith, Kerrigan, Scherff and Moses in 2020....

With the new coaching staff, we should be able to really turn it around and be able to see our major holes and address them. Very cool.

13 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

agreed. 5th is the highest I’d go as well.

I'm tired of seeing TEs who don't block. He's a hard pass even if he was a FA.

22 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm tired of seeing TEs who don't block. He's a hard pass even if he was a FA.

I wonder what data actually says about the receiving TE versus the blocking TE as it relates to the a teams running game. I’d imagine having a freak seam runner greatly benefits the run game.

Sure, there are the elite guys who can exploit the seam and block— the ones that come to mind aren’t speed threats like a Njoku type (Kelce, Kittle, Gronk). 

Im okay with the Anotonio Gate or Tony Gonzalez’s of the world types that were terrible blockers. Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson and Tomlinson seemed to fair okay. 

9 hours ago, wit33 said:

I wonder what data actually says about the receiving TE versus the blocking TE and the teams running game. I’d imagine having a freak seam runner greatly benefits the run game.

Sure, there are the elite guys who can exploit the seam and block, but those generally are the elite. Even the ones that come to mind aren’t speed threats like a Njoku type (Kelce, Kittle, Gronk). 

Im okay with the Anotonio Gate or Tony Gonzalez’s of the world types that were terrible blockers. Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson and Tomlinson seemed to fair okay. 

Gates and Gonz were terrible, but willing blockers. Njoku is more of a Reed that wants to get out of the way.

I'm curious about that too though.

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Could be looking for another receiver with Harmon out.

AB?

More like ex Panther Jarius Wright as vet camp fodder.

But I don't know how losing Harmon necessitates AB.  I feel like if they wanted AB, they just woulda got him anyway.  It would make more sense if they lost Mclaurin to go for AB. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/14/browns-close-to-five-year-extension-with-myles-garrett/

Myles Garrett about to sign a 5 year $125 million dollar extension. Imagine what we would have to put Chase and Sweat combined, if both progress as anticipated. We better plan on winning some games during the next 4 years. Going to be hard to keep everybody. 

10 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/14/browns-close-to-five-year-extension-with-myles-garrett/

Myles Garrett about to sign a 5 year $125 million dollar extension. Imagine what we would have to put Chase and Sweat combined, if both progress as anticipated. We better plan on winning some games during the next 4 years. Going to be hard to keep everybody. 

Yeah if our DL excels then chances are we will only be able to retain half of them longer term. That’s one hell of a deal for Garrett, bit steep for me.

as an aside, what a great deal we’ve got IonMan on.

14 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Mind you, the "we better win some games during the next four years" is key. If we don't win some games there's no point in re-signing anyone or handing out mega contracts.

• 2 weeks later...

So any financial/revenue losses due to the pandemic will be recovered over the next 4 years starting 2021, with an agreed salary cap floor of 175mil in 2021.

The cap could be higher than that, but will not fall below it. We are very well set to manage our roster against that moving forward. Others might really struggle with that. 

5 minutes ago, sportsnut said:

Jets traded Adams to Seattle for two 1st rounders.  It still gets me so mad that Trent only got us a 5th rounder.  Apparently not all disgruntled players lose their value.

Some are young, consistently healthy, and have played at an elite level in the last calendar year. Unlike Trent in all three cases. 

21 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Some are young, consistently healthy, and have played at an elite level in the last calendar year. Unlike Trent in all three cases. 

Yeah but the stated reason for his loss of value was not his age, health, or play; it was because he was disgruntled.

I apologize for venting.  I know we’ve already discussed this in detail.

7 minutes ago, sportsnut said:

Yeah but the stated reason for his loss of value was not his age, health, or play; it was because he was disgruntled.

I apologize for venting.  I know we’ve already discussed this in detail.

I understand. I'm just pointing out that all of those factors were talked about a ton also, not just how disgruntled he was. In the media and especially here. We didn't have leverage because we didn't have multiple teams interested, in the end. The Jets did, along with all the other factors. If we dealt Trent a year earlier, we get much closer to what the Jets got in value which is why the whole situation sucks so hard and one of many reasons why I hope Bruce catches gonorrhea. I feel your frustration on this one lol. 

Archived