Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

If that doesn't have New England Patriots written all over it...

I still believe he won't play. He wasn't good when he did--he was actually one of the worst. Yes the league botched the handling of his protest, however Eric Reid was the #2 face behind Kap, and he received a $21m deal. The NFL has repeated shown that if you can play, they don't care what kind of distraction/degenerate/overall horrible human being you are.

In my opinion, he brand is far more valuable with him on the sidelines. I also give Kap an enormous amount of credit--he played this perfectly and outsmarted Goodell and other execs every step of the way.

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I still believe he won't play. He wasn't good when he did--he was actually one of the worst. Yes the league botched the handling of his protest, however Eric Reid was the #2 face behind Kap, and he received a $21m deal. The NFL has repeated shown that if you can play, they don't care what kind of distraction/degenerate/overall horrible human being you are.

In my opinion, he brand is far more valuable with him on the sidelines. I also give Kap an enormous amount of credit--he played this perfectly and outsmarted Goodell and other execs every step of the way.

I agree. 

If I recall correctly, Kap, like RGIII, had a nice couple of years, but faded in his final three. 

I don't think he'd be successful if he returned and he knows that. That's probably why he sabotaged his NFL workout last year. 

17 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Baltimore offered him a contract... his gf then blasted Ray Lewis via twitter comparing him and Bisciotti to the movie Django Unchained... the next day Baltimore put the contact talks to rest and moved on.  

My point was that this simply fit with New England.  They have a history of bringing in cast offs and other players that have worn out their welcomes, and trying to get the best of them...

2 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Baltimore offered him a contract... his gf then blasted Ray Lewis via twitter comparing him and Bisciotti to the move Django Unchained... the next day Baltimore put the contact talks to rest and moved on.  

My point was that this simply fit with New England.  They have a history of bringing in cast offs and other players that have worn out their welcomes, and trying to get the best of them...

I agree, if anywhere it would be New England, or a team desperate for fans to show up--like the Chargers. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Before someone points it out--we have fans that show up, they're just the other teams!

14 hours ago, abdcskins said:

I agree. If any player were to have an issue with our name and owner, it would be him. I doubt he would play for us. Still...just wondering out of curiosity. 

Kaep isn’t Captain Morality, fighting all injustices and political correctness. He made a stance against police brutality against the black community, I doubt he cares one iota about the team name.

36 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Kaep isn’t Captain Morality, fighting all injustices and political correctness. He made a stance against police brutality against the black community, I doubt he cares one iota about the team name.

Grant Paulsen says we should change the name to the “Red Hogs” because it’s an animal he recently discovered.  And because of the hog reference.  I’m not sure if he was serious or joking?  Hopefully we can do better than that if the time comes.  I don’t know what the name should be anymore.

11 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Grant Paulsen says we should change the name to the “Red Hogs” because it’s an animal he recently discovered.  And because of the hog reference.  I’m not sure if he was serious or joking?  Hopefully we can do better than that if the time comes.  I don’t know what the name should be anymore.

He actually said that this conversation is coming up again and IF the team was to change... this COULD be an option.  He actually explicitly said this was not in support of the change.... 

on a side note.. i dont hate this one

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Wasn't there supposed to be an additional FA period starting in June ?

Or has that been changed up

Not sure what you mean? FA has been open this entire time, teams can still sign guys today, no need for another FA period.

Are you thinking of the Supplemental Draft? 

8 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Not sure what you mean? FA has been open this entire time, teams can still sign guys today, no need for another FA period.

He might be thinking about June 15 cuts. I don’t think they are really a thing anymore. Teams can just cut guys early and designate them a 6/15 cut, correct?

10 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

He might be thinking about June 15 cuts. I don’t think they are really a thing anymore. Teams can just cut guys early and designate them a 6/15 cut, correct?

Yea, the cap-related June cuts.

20 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

He actually explicitly said this was not in support of the change.... 

Even though he and Danny Rouhier have repeatedly been on the record for changing the name. But, I don't hate the name Redhogs. Which is better than I can say about most of the stupid names I've seen.

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Quite a few of the current free agents still out there might well sit out the season. I mean, it might be a case of that or take a very low price deal. Could be some bargains to be had in the coming weeks.

True, but it depends on the goals for the team. If the goal is to be good this year, I think we would have been bigger players in FA. I think this is an assessment year. If Haskins and our young talent develop rapidly, maybe we have a better year than expected and can be happy about that. If not, we know where our holes are and go into 2021 with a bevy of better draft picks and more cap room. I'm in favor of that approach. See what we have on the team and maybe pick top 5 in every round and have more money in FA 2021. 

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Quite a few of the current free agents still out there might well sit out the season. I mean, it might be a case of that or take a very low price deal. Could be some bargains to be had in the coming weeks.

problem with that is that this year's cap is set, next year's isn't and could go down.  Though I'm not sure the union would just accept it

Archived