Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

On one hand, I’d like to just bring in a receiver via the draft that can compete with Harmon.  Given the depth of the receiving class, and the need to spend on other positions - corner, re-signing guards, and maybe signing a FS/LB/LT - feels like a better allocation of resources to look to the draft.  Also still gives Harmon a shot, which he’s earned.  
On the other hand, Green would be a great addition to the receiving room and would be a nice go to guy for our young qb.  Good insurance for McLaurin too.  

12 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

On one hand, I’d like to just bring in a receiver via the draft that can compete with Harmon.  Given the depth of the receiving class, and the need to spend on other positions - corner, re-signing guards, and maybe signing a FS/LB/LT - feels like a better allocation of resources to look to the draft.  Also still gives Harmon a shot, which he’s earned.  
On the other hand, Green would be a great addition to the receiving room and would be a nice go to guy for our young qb.  Good insurance for McLaurin too.  

I think we need to bag another receiver. Could come in the mid rounds of the draft.

I know it’s a lazy thought process to refer back to Rivera’s old haunt, but it’s very likely he circles around for a few players he’s familiar with.

At receiver, Funchess took the money on a one year 10m deal then all but sat out the year. Could be an option if it’s a reasonable short term deal.

Hard to gauge at the moment. You have to think there’ll be a few surprise moves.

With this coaching staff, the unforgotten Cam Simms will take Kelvin Harmon's spot and be in the starting lineup.  Harmon only earned his spot because he was a draft pick by the team.  Cam Simms and McLaurin with Simms Jr., is better moving forward.  Next year think about bringing in a veteran WR. Not now.  Cam Simms needs his real shot and it's coming with this staff!

1 hour ago, rcjur1 said:

With this coaching staff, the unforgotten Cam Simms will take Kelvin Harmon's spot and be in the starting lineup.  Harmon only earned his spot because he was a draft pick by the team.  Cam Simms and McLaurin with Simms Jr., is better moving forward.  Next year think about bringing in a veteran WR. Not now.  Cam Simms needs his real shot and it's coming with this staff!

I like Cam Sims, but it’s a little conspiracy theory-ish to suggest Harmon only played because he was drafted... in the 6th round.  

Harmon earned his spot because he played well - he runs good routes, has very good hands, and blocks his butt off.  
Nonetheless, I look forward to seeing what these two (along with Terry and Sims Jr.) can do next year.  I wonder if  the staff will feel comfortable with Richardson as the vet rather than bringing someone in.  

8 hours ago, rcjur1 said:

It always puzzled the heck out of me that they never really gave Cam his shot. I mean when you're a young team who's struggling to win, why wouldn't you take a look at everyone?  I think Cam can play a big role on this team. He just needs the reps. 

9 hours ago, rcjur1 said:

Cam Sims has no spot on an NFL roster. He’s big and that’s it.

I think a lot of people here are being a bit unrealistic in wanting to replace Moses this year. We already have question marks at LT, LG, and RG. I get hes not the best but this staff has a lot more pressing issues to resolve on the OL alone. I just dont see them creating more holes to fill by cutting a serviceable guy still under contract. Its hard to cut a guy like him until you have a replacement on hand. Wilder things have happened I guess, but Id be surprised.

27 minutes ago, Slypted said:

I think a lot of people here are being a bit unrealistic in wanting to replace Moses this year. We already have question marks at LT, LG, and RG. I get hes not the best but this staff has a lot more pressing issues to resolve on the OL alone. I just dont see them creating more holes to fill by cutting a serviceable guy still under contract. Its hard to cut a guy like him until you have a replacement on hand. Wilder things have happened I guess, but Id be surprised.

With Ron wanting to win now I don't see him replacing Moses with a rookie....lock up scherff, extend flowers, bring back trent, look for possible replacement for Morgan in free agency if coach feels its necessary 

1 hour ago, Slypted said:

The only way RT is upgraded is if Williams/Scherff/Flowers (Martin is okay to start though, in my opinion, but that leaves a depth question) are retained and they draft a guy they like as the future LT. 

No to AJ Green. We've got decent WRs who are young and look promising. We should draft another WR to compete, but that's it.

RT, Conklin would be nice.

FS and TE I hope we're out there setting the market, so we can get that locked down.

I doubt a LBer comes available that's worth the price tag.

On 1/22/2020 at 7:04 PM, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Harris for $8-10m APY

I can’t see that happening when our other starting safety has a 6/84mil deal at 14 APY, both from a salary cap/roster building perspective, and from a player perspective. Can’t see Harris playing on a contract valued 25-40% lower than his starting partner at safety.

Boston probably fits the bill as a more than serviceable/affordable option, with the big contract going to the CB if anything.

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

With Ron wanting to win now I don't see him replacing Moses with a rookie....lock up scherff, extend flowers, bring back trent, look for possible replacement for Morgan in free agency if coach feels its necessary 

Or in this scenario, bring back those 3 guys and draft an OT in the 3rd to fight it out with Christian for the future of this teams RT spot

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

The only way RT is upgraded is if Williams/Scherff/Flowers (Martin is okay to start though, in my opinion, but that leaves a depth question) are retained and they draft a guy they like as the future LT. 

Darryl Williams.  We sign him from Carolina, to replace Flowers, but Martin wins the LG job and Williams beats out Moses at RT

19 hours ago, skinny21 said:

How do we feel about Funchess? RR drafted him in Carolina.....could they reunite?

11 hours ago, VaK9Trainer said:

It always puzzled the heck out of me that they never really gave Cam his shot. I mean when you're a young team who's struggling to win, why wouldn't you take a look at everyone?  I think Cam can play a big role on this team. He just needs the reps. 

Well, he played some, and more importantly, they already had young guys playing ahead of him - and those young guys played well.  Remember Cam coming in and in a game this year and getting a penalty on his first play?  That can’t help...

10 hours ago, JoggingGod said:

Cam Sims has no spot on an NFL roster. He’s big and that’s it.

Eh, he’s got the catch radius and decent enough speed.  Hand’s could use more consistency, but he’s made some nice catches.  

5 hours ago, Slypted said:

Agreed.  Moses probably gets a little more flak than he deserves (including from me), but he’s serviceable at worst and probably even above average.  I do want to find a RT that can be a real difference maker in the ground game though.  

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

Yeah, there’s a small window of potentiality for his replacement... though I can’t see that happening before June 1st (once they get to see his competition in action).  If Trent doesn’t stick around though, I see almost no chance we replace Moses this year.  

33 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

How do we feel about Funchess? RR drafted him in Carolina.....could they reunite?

No idea, but I do expect some Carolina guys to be added.  Not sure Turner really had the chance to install ‘his’ offense in Carolina, so I’m not sure if the benefit to adding offensive players makes as much sense (from that standpoint).  Although Del Rio will be in charge of the D, RR might have a stronger opinion of which of his defensive players could fit the scheme (in contrast to Del Rio bringing in guys that’s worked with).  Who knows though.  

16 hours ago, joeken24 said:

Someone brought this to my attention. Might be something...might not. This is Atlanta Falcon, Free Agent TE, Austin Hooper's instagram. Notice the newest follow. 🤔

So Haskins is in charge of the draft (CY and teammates) and free agency :806:;)

More of a off the beaten path scenario here. Say we trade with Miami and get 5, 18 and 39 

Sign:

Yannick Ngakoue - DE

Austin Hooper - TE

Ronald Darby - CB (Depth, young, still an interesting talent)

DJ Humphries - to play RT

Resign:

Sherff

Trent

Flowers

Cut:

Norman

Richardson

Reed

Moses,

Kerrigan

Draft: Jeudy, Delpit, and Patrick Queen at 5, 18 and 39   (I think Simmons goes to NY to be honest)

No idea if we have the cap space to do all that, but I'd like to watch a McLaurin, Jeudy, and Hooper offense

On 1/23/2020 at 6:58 PM, VaK9Trainer said:

Everyone mentions resigning Scherff and getting Trent back but no one mentions Erick Flowers.  He's an important piece that also needs to be resigned. 

Flowers is interesting to me. Initially I was hot on signing him, but how does he do with a new blocking scheme and no Callahan? I have to imagine he's going to ask for a decent contract.

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

Flowers is interesting to me. Initially I was hot on signing him, but how does he do with a new blocking scheme and no Callahan? I have to imagine he's going to ask for a decent contract.

That's actually a great question that I didn't even think about. Yes, I know Callahan is gone but you're correct. What IF they go away from the Power blocking scheme and return to a zone blocking scheme. Can Flowers get out into space and block. That would also concern me about Morgan Moses who is not the fleetest of foot.  Trent (provided he remains with us which I believe he will) and Scherff (If he resigns)  move pretty well so I'm not worried about them. 

Archived