Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

27 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I would say 2 is definitely Gordon. 5 is Bradberry. 

1 seems to be Brandon Scherff. 

Scherff would make sense.  One thing multiple beat guys have converged on that they heard is that they want Scherff back.   Finlay said recently too that if Bruce stayed, he would have expected Scherff to be gone. 

My other guesses, doubt a single one of them is right lol. 

1. image.png.4a190c8ac3946939f6df12670cd59c73.png 4. image.png.8038d8f3718947adbea0126499973ba1.png 7. image.png.d74f2f648ac3b394374961afc8a5ce0d.png 8. image.png.ce407db8a3177ec2323c7f6ead28f72b.png               

9.image.png.7b6f54b2e8e3f9b0574e08e81a271ad2.png 10. image.png.c2ed922ec3c1f9631f6f3ac4ec8c521c.png 11. image.png.9a25e3bfda5b518b37a3056e46d38a0c.png

1. Carl Nassib

4. Connor McGovern

7. Michael Pierce

8. Aaron Lynch

9. Anthony Harris

10. Breshad Perriman

11. Vernon Davis

I know some of these make no sense, I just chose what I thought the picture kind of looked like to me. 

People are gonna freak if we sign Gordon...but Rivera was there when Gettleman (or was it Hurney?) paid Stewart and Williams market-setting RB contracts. 

I guess if you want to play defense and run the ball with PA deep shots from Haskins...maybe you look at this roster and don't feel confident that you can push in all the chips on Guice. And maybe you think AP's limitations in the passing game (especially compared to a guy like Gordon who can easily catch 70+ passes as a 3 down back) really pidgeon-hole you on offensive scheming and playcalling. 

I wouldn't love it. But I can see the logic, if I squint and think about it from the POV of the guys who can't afford to place all their bets on Guice's health and talent. 

If it goes down...you just hope it's structured smartly. 

My hope is Hooper is #1 on that list.Our TE situation is in need of a major make over.Watching Sprinkle as our number one TE this past season was a nightmare.Heck bring in Olsen, Hooper and draft a TE in the fourth or fifth.I would be in favor of replacing the whole dam unit.

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

People are gonna freak if we sign Gordon...but Rivera was there when Gettleman (or was it Hurney?) paid Stewart and Williams market-setting RB contracts. 

I guess if you want to play defense and run the ball with PA deep shots from Haskins...maybe you look at this roster and don't feel confident that you can push in all the chips on Guice. And maybe you think AP's limitations in the passing game (especially compared to a guy like Gordon who can easily catch 70+ passes as a 3 down back) really pidgeon-hole you on offensive scheming and playcalling. 

I wouldn't love it. But I can see the logic, if I squint and think about it from the POV of the guys who can't afford to place all their bets on Guice's health and talent. 

If it goes down...you just hope it's structured smartly. 

Agree with you here.  Not only that, Turner just had the luxury of working with cmc, so he might be pushing for a top tier rb in his prime as well.  

Like you, I can see their reasoning, but I personally don't like big contracts for rbs when so many good ones can be found in the middle rounds of the draft.

MIAMI — Tight end Greg Olsen, who just parted with the Carolina Panthers, would consider reuniting with Ron Rivera by signing with the Washington Redskins if he opts to continue his NFL playing career, according to a person familiar with the situation.

Olsen, who turns 35 in March, also is expected to have broadcasting opportunities and will have to decide whether to keep playing or make the jump to being an on-air NFL analyst.

The Redskins would be a contender to sign Olsen if he remains on the field. Rivera, hired by Washington in January after being fired by the Panthers in December, already has shown his affinity for former colleagues in Carolina while assembling his coaching staff and reconfiguring his front office in Washington. He also was given broad authority over the Redskins’ football operations by owner Daniel Snyder, meaning that the decision on whether to sign Olsen would be his.

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

There’s a massive massive difference to me between signing an over the hill Greg Olsen and a 25 year old Austin Hooper. Signing Olsen does not stop gap our need at TE other than providing a veteran presence to allow for grooming a 3rd round pick. 

Olsen would allow us to delay picking a TE until day 3 in my opinion. 

Is Yanick Ngakue on that free agent list by any chance? If we signed Ngakue I could see us opting for a trade down. He’s just 26 too but I’d imagine he’s command $16-20 million APY which may tie your hands signing much else aside from Scherff and Bradberry. 

Which would support the trade down to plug holes you can’t fill in FA

23 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Is Yanick Ngakue on that free agent list by any chance? If we signed Ngakue I could see us opting for a trade down. He’s just 26 too but I’d imagine he’s command $16-20 million APY which may tie your hands signing much else aside from Scherff and Bradberry. 

Which would support the trade down to plug holes you can’t fill in FA

Olsen is nailed on to come if he wants to play again in 2020.

Looks like Gordon is in that board. Not that means anything concrete, but I also think number 4 on that list is Robby Anderson. So all that covers TE,RB and WR being chased in FA.

Bradberry is another one nailed on to come here. Plus there are a load of options at safety.

Im pretty sure after a couple of days of FA it will become clear we are taking Young at #2. I’m stick with Young at #2 followed by a LB with our next pick.

19 hours ago, carex said:

people can't cut people right now?

Not sure exactly why, but I think it's a roster freeze so as not to distract from the Super Bowl. You'll have to wait til Monday for anything to be official. Given Olsen's salary/production, the inevitable belief is that he's cut. Though I suppose it doesn't 100% rule out a trade if someone wanted to offer something. IT just seems very, very unlikely in this case.

26 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Olsen only makes sense if we have a high-caliber draft pick to come in and supplant him in 2021 or 2022 while contributing in some form in 2020. 

A Hooper / Henry signing makes it less urgent to draft a TE but just good practice. 

olsen makes it a need 

you can think signing Olsen means TE remains a need, but signing Olsen does not make it a need.

id rather role the dice on a 2 year deal with a Olsen than plough a 50mil deal into another one of the TE on the FA market.

Sign Olsen, take a TE in the 4th. Take another one next year in the mid rounds.

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Olsen only makes sense if we have a high-caliber draft pick to come in and supplant him in 2021 or 2022 while contributing in some form in 2020. 

A Hooper / Henry signing makes it less urgent to draft a TE but just good practice. 

olsen makes it a need 

I disagree here brother. GO shores up the tight end spot for the year. Drafting one we like would be great, but he solidifies the group. His question mark is injuries... is he getting injured now after a healthy career because he’s aging? Or just bad luck?

Archived