Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

13 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

We should not be messing around on the O-line for Haskins's sake. 

I believe the game is won in the trenches. Trust me, I want a solid O-line just as much as anyone.

In my scenario as described above, with the additions of Jack Conklin (OT, 26) previous team Titans, and Anthony Castonzo (OT, 32) previous team Colts, and bringing Flowers back we end up with a starting O-line that looks like this.

Jack Conklin (OT),  Ereck Flower (G), Chase Roullier (C), Wes Martin (G)  Anthony Castonzo (OT)

-I like it, and think its one of the better ones in the league....... And remember this scenario nets a decent pick for trading Trent as well.

29 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

I believe the game is won in the trenches. Trust me, I want a solid O-line just as much as anyone.

In my scenario as described above, with the additions of Jack Conklin (OT, 26) previous team Titans, and Anthony Castonzo (OT, 32) previous team Colts, and bringing Flowers back we end up with a starting O-line that looks like this.

Jack Conklin (OT),  Ereck Flower (G), Chase Roullier (C), Wes Martin (G)  Anthony Castonzo (OT)

-I like it, and think its one of the better ones in the league....... And remember this scenario nets a decent pick for trading Trent as well.

I'm really not seeing it here, that line would probably be pretty decent at run blocking but pass blocking would be an issue. I don't think Jack Conklin is much of a pass blocker, I could be wrong but I view him as more of a RT. I'd feel good about: Trent Williams, Ereck Flowers, Chase Roullier, Brandon Scherff, Jack Conklin. If healthy, I think this is a top 10 line in the league, It would a bit more expensive but you've got to protect your QB. 

2 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I'm really not seeing it here, that line would probably be pretty decent at run blocking but pass blocking would be an issue. I don't think Jack Conklin is much of a pass blocker, I could be wrong but I view him as more of a RT. I'd feel good about: Trent Williams, Ereck Flowers, Chase Roullier, Brandon Scherff, Jack Conklin. If healthy, I think this is a top 10 line in the league, It would a bit more expensive but you've got to protect your QB. 

Nah, Conklin’s a legit pass blocker. 

r657792_1280x720_16-9.png&w=750&cquality

2 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I'd feel good about: Trent Williams, Ereck Flowers, Chase Roullier, Brandon Scherff, Jack Conklin. If healthy, I think this is a top 10 line in the league, It would a bit more expensive but you've got to protect your QB. 

If healthy, I'd say that line is in the running for best in the league.  Imagine Derrick Henry running behind that!  Talk about taking the pressure off of Haskins and a young defense.  

9 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

If healthy, I'd say that line is in the running for best in the league.  Imagine Derrick Henry running behind that!  Talk about taking the pressure off of Haskins and a young defense.  

Yep, even AP and Guice will be great behind that line. AP can still play and we should keep riding him while mixing in Guice at the right times. Run first and bring DH along as the season goes. Build the offensive line and defense just like Lynch has done with the Niners. 

43 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Yep, even AP and Guice will be great behind that line. AP can still play and we should keep riding him while mixing in Guice at the right times. Run first and bring DH along as the season goes. Build the offensive line and defense just like Lynch has done with the Niners. 

Run focused team with the Turner vertical passing game featuring Haskins elite arm sounds about right. 

The further guys run down the field the easier the field is to read for the QB (simpleton I am... “go deep”). Vertical passing game here we come. Maybe not with aggressiveness as the Chiefs, but I hope the Skins are among the leaders in metric stats of WR depth or whatever. 

6 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

At 32 Costanzo would probably be looking to sign with a contender. I’d rather just keep Trent if we’re going to have an older LT in there. Costanzo probably looking for 12-14 and up on a 4 year deal.

I think you have to ship TW out. He basically gave everyone a giant middle finger and got one in return when he came back.. get rid of him and start over.

He's not going to be the difference or a difference maker wrt wins/losses, these teams have sucked ass with or without him.

2 hours ago, crabbypatty said:

I think you have to ship TW out. He basically gave everyone a giant middle finger and got one in return when he came back.. get rid of him and start over.

He's not going to be the difference or a difference maker wrt wins/losses, these teams have sucked ass with or without him.

I'll play devils advocate on Trent....he is the unquestioned veteran leader of the team and if he were to come back with a kick ass attitude it will likely be contagious. This is a total glass half full approach but I think his teammates respect what he did and will welcome him back without question. I also believe that if he's healthy and motivated he's our best option at left tackle for the next 2 - 3 years. Would be nice to see this resolved here one way or another. I gotta believe RR wants Trent here and i think TW will be back...

On 1/3/2020 at 12:24 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd cut Richardson and Reed.   As for Guice and Love at least they'd be part of a rotation and Peterson seems very durable.   If Guice and Love can stay healthy I think they both end up superstars.

Dunbar to me is the most concerning considering he's arguably the only good corner they have.  they need to add another 2 corners IMO. 

I think Moreau is good as well but only on the outside and theres the injury stuff with him, which may be worse then Dunbar. 

2 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

I wouldn't mind signing him on the cheap, like Flowers. 

I'm sure you mean Flowers' original contract he signed with us, not the renewal, right ? :)

Flowers' next contract is going to be a nice one. And I'm concerned he might follow Callahan to Cleveland out of loyalty to the one who helped revive his career.

36 minutes ago, checmate21 said:

Is anybody on the line of bringing Norman back?...I would if we could restructure his deal a bit.,

Think he have a new focus with Ron and the guys, and with our dline attacking now, he wouldn't have to cover as long

My one word answer would be 

No

HTTR 

Archived