Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome To The Redskins: Ron Rivera, Head Coach

zCommander

Welcome to Redskins Ron Ron.

This can go 2 ways:

Typical Redskins Way 

2020- We go 8-8 or 9-7 and maybe earn a wild card spot.

2021- Peak of Rivera era.  We win 11 or 12 games and make at least a NFc Championship game appearance.

2022- Disappointing year, as we go 7-9.

2023- It all falls apart.  Dan interferes.  We go 5-11 or worse.  Rivera is fired.

The Positive Gibbs Way 

2020-  We go 10-6 and win the East. We beat the 10-5 Eagles for the division title, in Philly for the final game of season.  We go 1-1 in playoffs.

2021- We go 12-4 but only get in as a wild card, as the NFC East division winnner wins 13 games.  We go on a little run, making it to NFC championship game before losing.

2022- Horrible year. Injuries befell us and all sort of things. go wrong.  We finish 6-10.

2023- We bounce back from 2022 and go 13-3 en route to our 4th Superbowl Title.

2024- We finish 15-1 and make it back to the Superbowl but we lose the Superbowl to Lamar Jackson and the Ravens; as Lamar wins his second Superbowl.

2025- Suprbowl loser hangover and we only finish 8-8.

2026- We go 11-5 and make the playoffs as a wild card, going 0-1 in playoffs.

2027- On the 90th anniversary of the Redskins being in DC; we open the new stadium in style.  The Redskins go 16-0 regular and then go undefeated, 19-0 by beating the Dolphins in the Superbowl.  The Superbowl game ball is dedicated to Joe Gibbs; who passed away during the Superbowl Bye week.

2028- We go 13-3 and repeat as Superbowl champs.

2029- We go 10-6 and losing in the wild card round.

We win 3 out of 4 Superbowls and become the team of 20's. 

I hope I am wrong and we don't follow the typical Redskins pattern.

24 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

I was one of the few that thought Shanny could have delivered. Dan screwed that pooch with the RG3 Trade taking resources Shanny could have used and empowered RG3's ego. Was Shanahan a boy scout...no..but he could have coached a few years and turned the reigns over to his son who was the Big Fish we lost.

So I blame Dan for Shanny's demise 1000%. i will remember Haynesworth's conditioning wind sprints till the day I die...

Shanahan brought in haslett, signed haynesworth and moved him to nose tackle, and changed a top 10 defense to a 3-4 for no reason. He gets most of the blame 

7 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Shanahan brought in haslett, signed haynesworth and moved him to nose tackle, and changed a top 10 defense to a 3-4 for no reason. He gets most of the blame 

Shanny didn't sign Haynesworth, Zorn did. Shanahan just inherited the son of a ****. 

7 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

? Shanahan didn’t sign Haynesworth. You do remember who our coach was in 2009....right? 

If you think it was shanahan, maybe smack yourself in the face 😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Full disclosure I hated Shanny. But shanny did not sign AH.  That was Vinnies parting shot.  He did move him to NT.  For that money he should play where he is told. 

Just now, goskins10 said:

Full disclosure I hated Shanny. But shanny did not sign AH.  That was Vinnies parting shot.  He did move him to NT.  For that money he should play where he is told. 

Yeah Shanny seemed to go to great lengths to make AH's life as miserable as possible...making him play NT, the whole conditioning test thing. It was kind of funny but also kind of stupid and just caused drama. Just bench or cut the dude and be done with it. 

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Yeah Shanny seemed to go to great lengths to make AH's life as miserable as possible...making him play NT, the whole conditioning test thing. It was kind of funny but also kind of stupid and just caused drama. Just bench or cut the dude and be done with it. 

I thought he was making the case for releasing him and not pay the additional roster bonus but then he kept him.  Whole thing made no sense.  But I still say for that money AH should have played where he was told.  And he could have been a top 3 NT had he applied himself.  

5 minutes ago, ShoutyBearHead said:

He's doomed while Dan is still in charge. Nothing changes until Dan sells the team. Worst owner in the NFL.

Problem with that is that dan is obviously never going to sell the team. We’re stuck with him until he dies, most likely, so we just gotta hope a coach will actually work out 🤷🏻‍♂️ Cause that’s all we have for the next 40+ years. Hope. 

And we’re bound to get lucky one of these years. 

26 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Wrong

Shanny was Washington Redskins (Head coach, 2010–2013)
Haynesworth signed a seven-year, $100 million contract with the Washington Redskins in February 2009

He did bring in Hasslett and Changed the D..but he wasn't given the resources to make it work. The limited CAP for FA, 2 #1 Draft picks and Haynesworth doing squat at the Nose hampered the D

All because of Dan and RG3...

Sorry to disagree

4 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Wrong

Shanny was Washington Redskins (Head coach, 2010–2013)
Haynesworth signed a seven-year, $100 million contract with the Washington Redskins in February 2009

He did bring in Hasslett and Changed the D..but he wasn't given the resources to make it work. The limited CAP for FA, 2 #1 Draft picks and Haynesworth doing squat at the Nose hampered the D

All because of Dan and RG3...

Sorry to disagree

Shanahan helped orchestrate the trade for RG3 so he deserves any blame for how it affected his time here.

41 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

This can go 2 ways:

Typical Redskins Way 

2021- Peak of Rivera era.  We win 11 or 12 games and make at least a NFc Championship game appearance.

2023- It all falls apart.  Dan interferes.  We go 5-11 or worse.  Rivera is fired.

The Positive Gibbs Way 

2020-  We go 10-6 and win the East. We beat the 10-5 Eagles for the division title, in Philly for the final game of season.  We go 1-1 in playoffs.

2021- We go 12-4 but only get in as a wild card, as the NFC East division winnner wins 13 games.  We go on a little run, making it to NFC championship game before losing.

2022- Horrible year. Injuries befell us and all sort of things. go wrong.  We finish 6-10.

2024- We finish 15-1 and make it back to the Superbowl but we lose the Superbowl to Lamar Jackson and the Ravens; as Lamar wins his second Superbowl.

2027- On the 90th anniversary of the Redskins being in DC; we open the new stadium in style.  The Redskins go 16-0 regular and then go undefeated, 19-0 by beating the Dolphins in the Superbowl.  The Superbowl game ball is dedicated to Joe Gibbs; who passed away during the Superbowl Bye week.

What exactly is TYPICAL REDSKINS WAY about winning 11 or 12 games and make NFC championship game 😳

15 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Shanahan helped orchestrate the trade for RG3 so he deserves any blame for how it affected his time here.

Correct me if I'm wrong..

1) He didn't want to give 2 #1 for him. If he could have gotten him for less..sure..he was for it ..but it was Dan wanting to make a big splash again and forced the issue

2) Even at 2 #1's, the Shanahans developed a game plan that absolutely maximized his skill set..nobody has done that with RG3 to date

3) It went to RG3's head and he fought the coaches WITH DANNY BOY's Coaching

I am convinced that had Dan let Shanny knock RG3 down to size and MADE HIM listen to coaches. Kyle would have developed RG3. Now you say what leverage Mike had...it was named Cousins..bench RG3 and let him watch Cousins take the job from him. That would have motivated him and developed Cousins (who could have been traded for more picks)

Danny..Danny Boy..Little Prick..screwed all that up by himself

I know everyone has an opinion..but In my mind Snyder's interference kept the Skins from becoming a dynasty for decades between Mike then Kyle's leadership.

Anyway..enough of that...Ron..kick ass and take names. Jack, get mean and nasty.

Mike was an power mad ass...I agree, but there was a path there...

57 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

This can go 2 ways:

Typical Redskins Way 

The Positive Gibbs Way 

WTF, predicting Joe Gibbs passing away just made me really sad.

1 minute ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Correct me if I'm wrong..

1) He didn't want to give 2 #1 for him. If he could have gotten him for less..sure..he was for it ..but it was Dan wanting to make a big splash again and forced the issue

2) Even at 2 #1's, the Shanahans developed a game plan that absolutely maximized his skill set..nobody has done that with RG3 to date

3) It went to RG3's head and he fought the coaches WITH DANNY BOY's Coaching

I am convinced that had Dan let Shanny knock RG3 down to size and MADE HIM listen to coaches. Kyle would have developed RG3. Now you say what leverage Mike had...it was named Cousins..bench RG3 and let him watch Cousins take the job from him. That would have motivated him and developed Cousins (who could have been traded for more picks)

Danny..Danny Boy..Little Prick..screwed all that up by himself

I know everyone has an opinion..but In my mind Snyder's interference kept the Skins from becoming a dynasty for decades between Mike then Kyle's leadership.

Mike was an power mad ass...I agree, but there was a path there...

At the time the trade was announced (early March 2012?), a reporter asked Shanahan how much was Snyder involved in the decision. Shanahan is on record as saying the only role Snyder played in the trade was approving the haul they were giving up to move up to #2. It was too many picks to give up to not get the owner's approval. From the get-go Shanahan was taking credit for the move.

I'm curious as to how this affects the locker room atmosphere......old saying in the Navy. The Happy lamp is out. Time to get serious and get busy. Kind of like losing that push over teacher or boss and the one that everyone is scared of shows up. ****s gonna pucker and play time is over. New Era in DC and let's hope Dan becomes a fan instead of a meddler.

Archived